main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Republic Commando Sequel: Triple Zero

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kreuzader, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    From the OS:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20050608.html

Fans of hard-hitting specialty-clone military literary action have reason to cheer as author Karen Traviss is set to continue the Republic Commando adventures (inspired by LucasArts' Star Wars Republic Commando video game) in a new mass market paperback due for release in spring 2006.

Star Wars Republic Commando: Triple Zero - the sequel to Star Wars Republic Commando: Hard Contact - is set a year after the battle of Geonosis, and follows the continuing missions of Omega Squad. As the Clone Wars casualties mount, the commandos find themselves deployed on increasingly dangerous missions that take them beyond the battlefield and further into sabotage and intelligence operations in the heart of Separatist territory. Newly-promoted Jedi Generals Etain Tur-Mukan and Bardan Jusik are also catapulted into front line combat roles and find themselves identifying strongly with the clone soldiers under their command, who turn out to be anything but predictable cannon fodder.

Omega Squad survives a close brush with disaster to end up in the most potentially dangerous hot spot in the galaxy - pursuing a Separatist terror group in the skylanes and underworld of Coruscant itself, known as Triple Zero in the Grand Army's slang because its galactic chart co-ordinates are 000. And, as any soldier knows, urban operations on your own turf can be the most deadly of all. So it's just as well that Omega Squad find themselves working with Delta Squad, and teamed up again with Etain and Jusik - as well as their legendary training sergeant Kal Skirata, and his secret military intelligence unit of "Null" ARC troopers, the black ops team that even the Kaminoans thought were too dangerous to unleash. It's a critical mission unlike anything any of them have ever tackled - and it tests their friendship and courage to the limit.

Awesome :)

2. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    as well as their legendary training sergeant Kal Skirata, and his secret military intelligence unit of "Null" ARC troopers, the black ops team that even the Kaminoans thought were too dangerous to unleash.

:eek:

*fanboyish yelp of excitement*

3. astrobot

astrobot Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    Wow that sounds freaking amazing!!! "Null" ARCs? So dangerous the Kaminoans were afraid to unleash them? Kal Skirata? Deltas and Omegas? Plus it's being written by Karen?!? Spring 2006 suddenly seems REALLY far away...

4. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
  5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Great news!

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Wow, Karen Traviss has a lot of writing to do.

7. Mike-Sunrider

Mike-Sunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2003
    Whoa! I cant wait for that Novel! Delta and Omega Squad? :eek: [face_drool]

8. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Oh, God yes!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Sand_Hill

Sand_Hill Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    This looks really good. I hope we get at least one other RC book though,that takes us up to Order 66.

10. Gladiuus

Gladiuus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2003
    Guh! :eek:

This is too good to be true!

Can't wait!

11. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    THIS IS GREAT! I loved Hard Contact, it was one of the best novels I've ever read! A sequel with Omega Squad again..this is exactly what I've been waiting for. Fi, Darman, Atin, and Niner are coming back finally. :D

12. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    How long after Geonosis is RotS?

cryptic

-The Scummy-

13. President_Sharky

President_Sharky Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    It's good to know that Del Rey is still willing to delve into the Clone Wars era. The fact that this is a sequel to RC:HC is also great news, and It'll be interesting to see how Karen Traviss writes urban combat.

14. TwiLeksRokMySox

TwiLeksRokMySox Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2004
    Damn...this is going to be like an orgasm in book form. I can't wait.......can't wait. [face_dancing][face_dancing]

15. President_Sharky

President_Sharky Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    Rebelscum, ROTS takes place three years after the Battle of Geonosis.

16. Deadline247

Deadline247 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

Fantastic news! I wonder if it will come out in hardback this time?

17. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    OMG YES. *does the happy dance of happiness* [face_dancing]

*ahem* I believe I will look forward to this one.

18. HanSolOKniser3

HanSolOKniser3 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2003
    :cool:

Excellent news.

I hope that this one is good enough (and sells well enough) to warrant a third book that deals with Order 66.

[face_peace] :D [face_monkey]

19. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    looks like a killer book. :D

20. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    OH HOLY **** YES!!!!!!!!

You did not want to be in the room with me just now. KICK ASS!!!!

21. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    HOO-AAH!!

Bring it on!!

22. BobaKareu

BobaKareu Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    Wow. This came from nowhere. Especially since I asked her at C3 if she was doing another Commando book and she looked at me for a second and then said, "Ah... I write what they ask me. So I don't know yet!" Hahaha, but I'm glad she's doing this one. It sounds awesome, and she's an awesome writer.

23. TK-P01

TK-P01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2003
    Ohh dude, freakin sweet. Deltas and Omegas? Spring 2006 won't come soon enough, I can't wait.

24. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I also find this news tremendously pleasing, for the RC property brings something very different to the Prequel era. I add my voice to those who hope this is a very successful book so we can get a third that includes the Order 66 scene we're all drooling for.

-Paul

25. r_steal

r_steal Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    This is great news. I enjoyed Hard Contact possibly more than any other EU book. Really looking forward to more clone action, especially in the urban setting.

Can't Wait!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.