main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Republic Commando Sequel: Triple Zero

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kreuzader, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Doesn't this question get asked every week or so?

2. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Sure seems like it.

3. Roobione

Roobione Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Ok another stupid question, why does Karen not come around anymore?

4. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    1. We were driving her nuts ;)
    2. She couldn't handle criticism very well.

*prepares to get flamed*
    Don't get me wrong: she seems like a cool person, and she writes very good stories, but she just couldn't handle some criticism.

There were probably more reasons than those, btw. She probably needed all the time she could get to write her novels. :)

5. ywingempress

ywingempress Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2003
    More accurately, she said it wasn't worth her time to come here just to argue with some insistent fans. She's still around at other forums though. :)

6. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    Aye, 'twas some overly anal "fans" in the GGAR thread who drove her and Ryan away methinks.

7. Ganner_The_Hero

Ganner_The_Hero Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    I remember...the whole 3-million debate, right?

But I also recall some-one here being dissapointed at the 000-cover, because it was just a reuse of an older picture.
    Then Ryan got all upset, and practicly jumped at the guy's throat...

8. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    It was more a matter of Traviss and Kaufman having difficulty with criticism than your "anal fans".

9. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    a more probable reason for her not coming in is that this is just way too long, there is no way she has time to read 131 pages of fan writings. She would have to be crazy to continually read on this page, its way too long.

10. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    I disagree. Fans took one line of an otherwise great article and completly overreacted and started a multi-page debate about it. OH NOES, 3 MIILION CLONEZ INSTED OF 3 KAGILLION! THOSE NUBZ!!!!1!!! I HAET KAREN N RYAN!1111!!11BBQeleven. Some even made personal attacks against Karen and Ryan themselves. Though, I could be getting out debate mixed upwith the stardestroyer.net one, which was basically Wong and his idiotic cronies writing a variety of insults about Karen and Ryan.

11. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Nobody did any such thing. Feel free to search for the old thread; it's all there. If anyone was being irrational it was Traviss's defenders.

She took off shortly into the debate, anyhow, and now seems to enjoy bringing up "three million clones" whenever she can on her blog.

And Traviss asked for feedback. She started the thread herself.

Traviss and Kaufman had overreacted in the past, anyway. The incident where Kaufman jumped on people disliking the cover of Triple Zero is one; there are others.

It's a shame, because I genuinely enjoyed Hard Contact, but her behavior surrounding the 'incident' has kind of soured my opinion of her.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    WE DON'T NEED THIS AGAIN!:rolleyes: :_|

13. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Agreed. I'm tired of the constant assertions that Traviss and Kaufman were "run off the boards" by "anal fans" when what actually happened is entirely different and still archived for all to see.

14. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Possibly because the mods deleted all of the more vulgar, expletive-ridden Saxtonite agit-prop, leaving only the more moderate contentions of the defense.

15. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Wow. Guess thing's haven't changed too much since I left, eh? ;)

16. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    [image=http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/ww2-pix/abomb.jpg]

Down the tubes...again.

17. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    The mods didn't intervene once. They did shut down the "Why We Protest Three Million" thread that was started days after Traviss & Kaufman left, but that was mainly because Raynor, Dan-K, & co. were going at it with McEwok for the millionth time.

Read the damn thread. It's all there.

And once again, Traviss took off BEFORE the big debate started.

18. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    Agreed.

19. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    I can recall quite clearly that after a certain point in the debate, we were no longer able to bring up some of the more hysterical examples of posts by the other side because the mods had deleted or overwritten them all, which was immediately siezed upon by the "anti-three-million" or whatever you want to call them as proof that they'd never said anything that could possibly be construed as being unreasonable.

You're doing it again, have you noticed?[face_plain]

Nope.:p

20. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    What, asking you to read the original discussion before you make bold statements?

Once again: she left shortly after the debate began, before anyone really got into it, claiming that she didn't have time any more.

Either she truly lacked the time to continue to post-- which would be entirely understandable-- or she had difficulty with the then-minor criticisms of her article-- which would be a bit strange, but no one's fault but hers.

The debate may have escalated after that-- although I stand by my assertion that the mods never intervened in the original thread and rarely in the others, because it's all still there to read-- but it was not the reason Traviss left.

Please, everyone who has, quit claiming otherwise.

21. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    No. Becoming excited over nothing and swearing.

22. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I could just cry....

Hey everyone, I have a great idea! Lets talk about the book!

I'm looking forward to it.

23. Quiet_Mandalorian

Apr 19, 2005
    Me too. Do we know anything new about Kal or Walon Vau yet?

24. Fist_of_Mandalore

Mar 31, 2005
    Nope. Karen hasnt said anything new about them on the sw.com boards. Or anywhere else to my knowledge other than Walon Vau hates to be called "Wallie-poos"...

25. President_Sharky

President_Sharky Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    Nice to see that Fist_of_Mandalore's memory is as poor as his debating skills. You seem to have forgotten that you went on a pro-Mandolorian triade and started making death threats against me. Traviss and Kaufman asked for criticism, and when their numbers were disproven, they used dirty tricks at the sw.com boards to try and evade anything. Then Traviss and her loyal circle threw another hissy fit when it was obvious that your position was untenable.

And I'm sick of this "Saxtonite" label, you keep touting around. I find it derogatory that you're typecasting me into a certain type of fan that devoutly follow every word of Curtis Saxton. I have my own opinions and my own ideas. It just so happens that most of those opinions are similar to Saxton's because his are based directly off canon material. How about I label you a Mando-****er from now on? It suits you just fine, but I doubt you'll like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.