main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Republic is how old?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by bobthedinosaur, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobthedinosaur

bobthedinosaur Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2004
    Okay deem me stupid if this has been answered before because havent found any threads on it so far. In kotor and even darkhorse comics there is mention of a 'republic' and one of which that has existed for quite some time, ie; kotor (4000 years before ANH) claims the republic at this time is about 20,000 years old.
    In AofC chancelor Palpetine mentions a Republic 'that has stood over' for a mere 'thosand years'. So either theres and explination for the differing staments from EU sources and prequil sources or at some time the original republic became a 'new' republic before the empire.

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    The Republic has been around for over 25 000 years, but was constantly under attack by elements of the Sith Empire. When they were almost completly wiped out at the Battle of Ruusan, the Republic put into place the Ruusan Reformation, in which it reset the Galactic Calendar and led to the belief that the Republic had been around for only one thousand years.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    TIE's mostly right. I have one small nitpick.

led to the belief that the Republic had been around for only one thousand years.

I believe that rather than an incorrect belief, it is rather a perception of the Republic as being as old as the Ruusan Reformation. Prior to that, the Senate was more representative and had a president rather than a Chancellor.

The institution lasted 25,000 years, but the government was only a milennium old.

4. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    The institution lasted 25,000 years, but the government was only a milennium old.

^ what he said. :)

5. bobthedinosaur

bobthedinosaur Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2004
    you guys are awesome :D

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *tips hat*

Anyone else would have done the same. You'll find the EUC is a very friendly and helpful community. :)

7. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    you guys are awesome

Well, I don't know about Jello, but...

Just kidding. :p

Anyone else would have done the same. You'll find the EUC is a very friendly and helpful community.

Yeah. :)

8. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    And we're so humble here in the EUC too. :p

And yeah, you guys are awesome, I definitely didn't know that.

9. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Drat! :mad: you guys got here before i could answer! :p

Evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.