main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Republic non-clone ground military forces?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by nitflegal, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitflegal

nitflegal Jedi Master star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    Out of curiosity, have the non-clone Republic military forces ever been explored? We've seen that the capital ships and such are crewed by non-clones and I would imagine that, decadent as they might have been, the Republic had some standing military ground forces before the clones arrived. However, if a few million clones could be so important it must have been fairly small or ineffective. So, what all is out there in the EU? The only thing that comes to mind is a brief mention in the old WEG special operations book of a Republic SOF group. Besides that, what is out there?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    We don't know much. Many of the tacticians and officers are non-clones, culled from planetary military forces or the judicial force that the republic maintained. I would bet that there's some conscription in the Republic, and there is planetary military forces that are used on battlefront planets.

3. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Many planets have there own non clone millitary, and there is also freedom's sons. It's an army led by some guy that goes around and fights the sepertist. Read jedi trial for more info.

4. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    I'm surprised we haven't seen Tarkin.

5. VaapadMaster

VaapadMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2004
    We saw Tarkin in Rouge Planet. Well, that wasn't Clone Wars, but it's prequel era.

6. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Besides that, what is out there?

The Jedi for one...
    Also the planetary defense forces- Jabiim and Praesitlyn come to mind...

7. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Hve we seen Pellaeon yet? I think he was in service of the Republic durring the Clone Wars.

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yes, he was in Republic 64, as a fleet commander.

9. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Republic #64. He's commanding an Acclamator in support of the Jedi/clone forces over Merson.

The Antarian Rangers were another paramilitary group, along with the Freedom's Sons (and Daughters). Most of the Rangers were offed during the Clone Wars. Along with most of the latter group too, apparently.

The Pendarran Warriors were described in one of the Cracken's guides, later highly placed on Palpatine's ****-list, due to their pro-Jedi assistance role in the conflict.

The "Cularin Militia" operated with the covert support of the Jedi, providing fire support to Republic operations in that system, over and upon Almas in particular.

10. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    Any mention of what General Mohc did during the war?

11. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    General Khamar's army on Praesitlyn consisted of non-clones.

12. Stark_Rhavyn

Stark_Rhavyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    I think it was Rogue Planet that also mentioned that much of the Trade Federation's fleet was being turned over to the Republic as a condition to their surrender to Naboo. Would the crews of these ships go along with the ships?
    I've always wondered where these ships were during the clone wars.
    I mean if the Confederacy is still using these same types of battlecruiser then why isn't the Republic?

13. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Don't forget the very important role of Freedom's Sons in Jedi Trial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.