main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Republic vs Separatists

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Nov 19, 2012.

?

Republic vs Separatists

1. Republic

46.7%
  2. Separatist

53.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Rehashing something I said earlier in this thread, The C.I.S. is not really much of an analog to the Confederacy in the American Civil War, IMO. The Separatists aren't like South Carolina which wasn't just trying to save the cotton industry. They were trying to protect what they saw as souvenir rights. Far as I tell, the C.I.S. are more like if companies like Microsoft, Apple, Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan Chase, Pfizer got so mad and greedy they decided to talk some states into leaving the union for them to get away from some regulations and somehow managed to make it sound like they were leaving corruption behind for greener pastures for good people like Mina Bonteri. It just so happens that in the GFFA that corporations are more like Xanatos Enterprises, they got capital like larger that alot of planets and armies to protect it. Then in the war they are just being portrayed as outright evil or stupid most of the time on TCW and even back in AOTC. No one in that meaning on Geonosis came across as anything but the league of doom. Its not an easy task to get past that setup.

If the Separatists are going to be used as the bad guys in TCW then where are the bad guy centric episodes? I usually enjoy those kinds of episodes. For example, my favorite episodes of Transformers Prime have been the ones that gave the Decepticons alot of focus. The simplest thing to do is make some Separatist-centric episodes and give them some exploration. They can start with Dooku, give him a bit of focus. He comes off as pretty much just an evil dude in TCW yet in AOTC although I'd argue he had the bad guy stamp on his forehead he was much more mysterious. We've explored the Republic and the Jedi elements of the Clone Wars mythos. This is another important slice of whats going on. I may not as well versed in the mythos as alot of you but I'm plenty of curious.

Wat Tambor made an interesting monster of the day in the Ryloth arc. Still the most memorable example of a Republic defeat in TCW even if it didn't last. That arc still stands as one of the big ones for the brutality of wars and the unfortunate souls who just get caught up in it without any say.

Honestly, I don't know much about the Separatist Council other than Gunray is kinda funny, being able to name them (mostly), and what happens in ROTS. Hah, probably not even close. I don't google everything like I probably should. I keep putting off my reading assignments. I keep waiting for TCW to stop assuming and give some proper exploration. I pulled up the wookiepedia article while rambling here and skimmed it because honestly I just don't have the attention span to read the article. There is a whole list of senators who left the republic waiting. Cartoon 101: You kill a character off or write them out before the show is over, you replace them. It would be cool to see some a more politics and some more behind the curtain stuff if TCW can play it as well as HOBS did.

Stuff can be done easily with TCW's regular, circular villain of the day format. All they gotta do is actually put us on the ground with one of Dooku's so called minions.Make this person more central, maybe when kittens come in green make him/ her the main character. I've called for a Jedi switching sides but it really can be just one of Dooku's appoints. Make him/ her a reoccurring character. I just recently saw Fives for example has 10 episodes total. 10 episodes is all it takes to flesh out a personality and motives. Fives is supposed to be the viewers Window into the Clone Wars through the eyes of a special clone trooper. We need a character or four like that on the Separatist side.

Lets see some Separatist heroes who believes in their side.Two birds can be killed with a stone if TCW uses like a long running, motivate antagonist to our regular characters on the republic side who can argue with them. One who can outwit them, stand up to them, make them work for victory, and make them run the hell away. TCW needs a Greed. A sympathic type character who is really a good guy on the wrong side.

Really, we need to find a senator like Kersh Kuchi and Voe Atell who is more like a counterpart to Bail. Satine sitting in the background looking bored and her "Wait, what?" reaction to Lux being dragged off were like 10x more interesting to me than Kersh Kuchi and Voe Atell in "A Friend in Need".

QuangoFett likes this.
  2. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    I've always liked the droid army! I do wish we saw a bit more complexity with the Separatists though, I would like to see more about the "heroes" on their side. I would also like to see them actually win some battles, instead of losing so often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.