main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Republicans and Jedi Mind Tricks (Funny)!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    A friend sent this to me from a Trekkie site. I thought it was appropriate considering the recent elections. Enjoy!

More dirty tricks by the Republicans:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Republican Party uses Jedi Mind trick, gets weak-minded, Democrats to vote for Jeb Bush.
    Nov. 5, 2002: Miami, FL ? Accusations of dirty tricks in the hotly contested race for Florida Governor are being made to radio talk-show hosts today, as voters returned from the polls and suddenly realized they didn?t know for whom they voted.

?As soon as I got home, I thought something was wrong,? said Richard Cranium, as he called in to the Mike Hunt radio show. ?I went to the polls intending to vote for Bill McBride. When I arrived at the polls, I was greeted by someone who gave me a small sheet of paper, then said ?I?d appreciate your vote for Jeb Bush? as he made some funny motion with his hand. For some reason, I was overcame with the notion that Jeb Bush was a real nice guy and deserved re-election. Now that the fog has cleared, I don?t know what happened. I?m not even sure how I voted on anything. I?ve talked to several friends and they?ve said the same thing.?

?These Republicans will do anything to win!? screamed Mr. Hunt, during his radio show on WDUM-AM in Miami, FL. ?The fix is obviously in on this election.?

The FBI has been called to investigate, but they are reporting no voting irregularities. However, I recently learned of the following exchange between a poll watcher and an FBI special agent :

FBI agent: ?Let me see your identification.?

Poll watcher: ?You don?t need to see my identification.? (Mysteriously waving hand.)

FBI: ?I don?t need to see your identification.?

Poll watcher: ?There are no irregularities at this polling station.? (Waving hand.)

FBI: ?There are no irregularities at this polling station.?

Poll watcher: ?I can go about my business.? (Waving hand again.)

FBI: ?You can go about your business.?

This was told to me by a voter from Palm Beach County. He also said he?s heard similar stories from his neighbors at the detox center where he is in treatment for crack abuse. Many of his fellow crack addicts report the same dirty tricks.

?The use of the Jedi Mind trick is another in a long series of tricks by the Republican Party,? said former Vice-President Al Gore. ?It?s all about disenfranchising the poor and the disadvantaged among us. You wouldn?t catch a Democrat doing that.?

The White House was asked to comment on this accusation. ?There are no voting irregularities in Florida,? Ari Flescher said as he made a funny motion with his hand. The reporter who asked the initial question mysteriously dropped the subject.

We will continue to monitor the situation for further developments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LP :D
    PS. Some people will do anything to get elected...

2. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Some people will write anything cause they're sore losers too ;) :p

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Why didn't I do this with the Governor's election here? [face_devil] [face_devil] ;) O:)

4. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    now, now, void. we can't *all* be republicans. ;) i'm proud to be an apathist. :D

5. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    An apathist, huh? I didn't realize apathy was a political viewpoint.

:)

6. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ Moridin

7. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Every day I lean more and more towards the Conservative Anarchist party.

8. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    I guess most Arizonan's aren't weak minded enough to fall for that trick.

[face_laugh]

9. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Oh no! Not ANOTHER recount!

*shakes head*

10. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    It's a chad's fault.

The hanging chads that is. (Sorry for ending with preposition but you know)

11. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Those evil Jedi are fixing elections again. This is yet one more reason to trust a wise, good man like Palpatine to lead the galaxy and to eliminate that cursed Jedi order.

12. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    (Bows to the holographic image of Sidious) We will hunt down and destroy the Jedi! We will have our revenge...

LP

PS. Avenge Maul!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.