main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Repulsor Blast - Iron Man Movie

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    The sisters and myself are going to go see this anyone want to join us? We can be flexible on the day and time and theater. Message here for suggestions and to let us know who wants to join us.

2. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    I have no suggestions yet but am interested in joining you.

3. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    when does it come out?

4. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    May 2nd

5. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Sounds like fun. I'm interested.

6. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I definitely want to see it, and I know my dad does too. I'll see if I can go.

7. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Since this is going to be a small group, I'm thinking the Burbank AMC 16? If there's another theater anyone has in mind, post it here.

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Just keep us updated.

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Well, the movie is a week from Friday, so I need see, to get an idea, of who wants to meet up for this. Please, if anyone wants to see in Burbank, or the Chinese, I need some feedback, so that we set a time to meet up and where. I personally prefer Burbank, because we can find parking, have dinner or lunch before we see the movie, and maybe Coldstone's after, depending on the show we catch.

So please, everyone who's most likely sure they're going to attend, give me some feedback please.

10. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    SJ well I did some checking and I don't think it will be playing at the Chinese since it is playing at the dome and it is usually either or not both:
    IRON MAN
    Release Date
    Fri May 02, 2008
    Showtimes for the following theaters:

ArcLight Hollywood
    Thu May 01, 2008
    12:01AM
    Fri May 02, 2008
    11:30AM 2:30PM 5:30PM 8:30PM 11:45PM
    Sat May 03, 2008
    Sun May 04, 2008

But I am in either way, whichever theater is easier for everybody.

11. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    So, let me understand the plan:

Either the Burbank AMC or the Chinese, but if we're talking lunch/dinner & ice cream after, that means we're going Saturday, not Friday, right?

12. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Pick a day and time, we can have it put on the marquee.

13. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    We got tickets for the 12:01 a.m. Fri screening in the DOME (!) yesterday -- there are still many seats left but they're going fast. Sorry I didn't check here first, but I want to be with a buncha rabid die-hard fans in the Dome, and the first midnight screening guarantees that. If anyone else opts for this, we can PM seat locations.

Also it should be noted that IJ4 is virtually guaranteed to also be in the Dome, high-confidence rumor has it it's already booked there, but I'll wait until I see it officially in print before I make any plans.

Mary-SPJ

14. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm thinking saturday but if people want to go friday,that's cool. I also need to know,by vote, which theater everyone wants to go to.

15. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Well since you are putting it to a vote I personally am voting for the Dome on Saturday, but would be fine with the Amc Burbank!!!

VK just to let you know the Arclight and the Chinese have an understanding that one or the other usually does the first screenings, so no Chinese.

16. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Good, GF! I would be happy to go along with what the rest of you want to do, but, I don't find the seats at the Chinese to be the most comfortable.

Anyhow, I'll vote for Saturday, more chance that I won't fall asleep during the movie-- tired after work and all, you know.

But again, whatever the rest of you want to do is OK with me.

17. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Ok, I have so far:

Saturday: 3 votes
    Arclight: 1 vote
    AMC: 2 votes

I'm voting for AMC and Saturday, just because we can eat before or after the show close by, and parking is free for longer than 4 hours.

Guys, I need some feedback

18. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Saturday, May 3, lunch before, all sound great to me. I think both theatres have parking and various eating establishments in the area. (GForce, is that correct, since you are promoting the Hollywood theatre?) Hollywood's a little closer, but either theatre's OK with me.

19. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    VK the Arclight has their Cafe and there is a Juice Bar but that is it unless you take a stroll down sunset. https://www.arclightcinemas.com/static/AboutArcLight.html

SPJ that is awesome that you are going to the 12:01am, those are the best people for a first time screening.

20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    The bunch of us taking a walk down Sunset together might be fun. Aren't there a few OK restaurants within a few blocks distance?

21. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm changing my location vote because they're going to have the costumes and the Audi R8 Tony Stark drives in the movie at the Arclight next weekend.
    So it's now:
    3(I think VK wants to go here) votes for Arclight
    1 vote for AMC

3 votes for Saturday

I'm gonna talk to the sisters and see what's going on with them.

Mr. Zap, do you think you can make it?

22. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    SJ, I don't care which theatre we go to, really. Arclight is a little closer for me and GForce, but Burbank is a lot closer for Zap. As my ole' mama used to say, "6 in one; a half dozen in the other."

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You guys have fun, the 3rd is Free Comic Book Day and I will be volunteering at a comic book store.

24. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Hey SR, good for you for doing FCB. Hope it goes well!

Anyway, adding to the IM stuff: Arclight has added more preview shows on THURSDAY MAY 1 (i.e. "day before"). All these times still have good seats, including the Dome show:

Dome: 8:00 p.m.
    Black-box: 8:15 p.m., 8:30, 11:05, 11:30, 12:30 a.m.

Sigh -- still have to drag the old bones to the midnight show (two in one month, aiee...I remember about, oh, 25 years ago when doing that practically every week was no problem!).

Anyway the suit will be on display in the lobby and the Audi R8 in the plaza, until May 12. That's why I like the Arclight, they always have good costume/prop displays for the 'big' films.

Mary-SPJ

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up on the props SPJ, now when I do get a chance to see Iron Man that's where I'm going. The props from Transformers were way cool and I use the picture of me and OP as my avatar on other sites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.