main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Repulsor Blast - Iron Man Movie

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Ok, the sisters have confirmed for Saturday, so now, what's a good time for everyone?

SR, once we get a for sure time, can make the changes to the Subject line?

I'm thinking maybe between 9 or 10 for the movies and meeting at 7 to eat somewhere? I know they have a full service bar at the Arclight, but the food's kind of pricey. Ok guys, I need some feedback.

2. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    SJ I am good with the 7:00pm meetup and I know what you mean about the Arclight Food.[face_thinking]

3. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I mean for like the popcorn and hot dogs they sell at their consessions booth. I'd rather go to a restaurant or even Greco's.

4. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    SJ sounds good to me, I would rather have a real dinner than just theather food too.=D=

5. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    This all sounds great to me. But, maybe we should meet a little earlier than 7:00 PM since we don't know exactly where we're going to have dinner.

6. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    That's cool -- when FF-Silver Surfer was there, they had the SS outside 'riding the fountain' in the front corner. Cherie actually climbed up onto the fountain and did the new-car-girlie lying pose by the surfboard -- she was soaking wet when done, but the photos turned out great.

So far one of the Arclight's best has been when Pan's Labyrinth came out in '06, they recreated the entire tree in the lobby entry. But I can't wait to see the car (the suit debuted Sunday noon last Comic-Con).

Mary-SPJ

7. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I don't get off work until 6, so I wouldn't be there till around 7pm. Also, what show did you want to catch? I need to know so that I, as well as the sisters, can buy our tix.

edit:I'm thinking the 9:05pm show? Only because the Dome show before that is at 8:05 and the next dome show is at 11:45p.

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Sounds OK. You're working Saturday, though?

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Oh wait, I don't work Saturday. (duh) 6 is fine then.

10. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    SJ Ok I am confused so we are now going to the Dome? Also as far as I know these are the only screening times at the Dome:
    11:30AM 2:30PM 5:30PM 8:30PM 11:45PM did they add additional times that are not on their Web Page?

11. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Now I'm confused. Are the Arclight and the Dome the same place? (Guess who's not a native Los Angelena!)

12. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    VK the answer is yes, haven't you been to the Arclight before they have there regular theaters and then the Cinedome which is where I saw ROTS at 12:01am and many others.

13. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    No, actually, the closest I've been to the Arclight is Amoeba Records.

14. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Ok so is the 8:30pm showing in the Dome ok for everyone?

So the way it's going, we're meeting up 6pm (Where does everyone want to meet at? Restaurant?)

And then we catch the 8:30p show?

I just want to make sure we'll have enough time to eat and not be late for the movie.

15. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    SJ 6pm it is I am trying to remember what is around there close by, I know there is a Baja Fresh across the street but I will call WB since he lives in Hollywood and see what else is around the Arclight.

16. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Ok, then it's set. Unless there are no objections the time and place is:

6pm meet at the Arclight for dinner (restaurant TBA)

8:30pm showing at the Arclight in Hollywood.

I will ask SR to post the date and time.

17. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    SJ talked to WB and he couldn't think of a restaurant of the top of is head either but then Mary recommended that there is a Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles in the area and I checked it is on .35Miles from the Arclight. http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    This movie was AWESOME.

19. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    MK Thx for the review, I was hoping it would be excellent and I know it was getting a good response from the critics.

20. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I am so looking forward to Saturday!!

21. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    I don't quite know how to tell you all this...ROBERT DOWNEY JR. was present, live and in person, at the Arclight at the midnight show last night!!! Place went berserk. Director Jon Favreau came out as the usher was introducing the film (as they do, very classy), and thanked all the die-hards who bought midnight show tickets, and basically said, "to show our appreciation, here's Robert Downey Jr.!" We were too far back and theater too dark for our cameras to get any good photos, but you can imagine the festive atmosphere... The suit is lit up and prominently displayed in the lobby (easy to photograph), and the Audi will be there in the plaza, today through Sunday.

Movie is SENSATIONAL. Remember to sit all the way through the credits!!! Payoff is huge.

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    What's funny is that this movie isn't hugely climatic. It's got a handful of cool action scenes, but for the most part, it's really not a big action movie. It's actually a character driven movie, with brilliant writing that has you pumped up and energized but laughing for most of the time. The character development is immense; Tony Stark transforms through the entire movie, but never loses his sarcastic, snarky flair. Brilliant writing at its best.

23. ScootyPuffJr

Jan 11, 2007
    Word, MK. My favorite line: "Give me a Scotch, I'm starving."

Arclight did one of their "21+" (adults-only, open-container drinking OK) screenings of it already yesterday on preview night, but I think that's the only one that was scheduled so far. I wish we could have done both, it would have been totally appropriate to be able to get your booze on while watching Tony Stark. But the surprise we got rocked.

As far as I'm concerned, this has set the bar for me, for the summer.

24. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    SPJ that is awesome that Robert Downey Jr and the Director was there, yes this is the pure Magic of going to the first screening at 12:01. [face_dancing]

25. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I saw Iron Man this weekend at the Bridge, a really, really nice place. The movie was fantastic. All the actors did a great job. (Good acting in a 'comic book movie'?!) The effects were just right.

Thanks to everyone who said to wait until after all the credits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.