main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Request for Droids

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DairNimiris, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    OK guys, getting close to crunch time. I mentioned before at our last meeting that I need droids for this project and lots of them. I need R2 units and Gonk droids mostly.

So PLEASE! If you know ANYONE with droids or who can make them PLEASE get on that. Consider this your donation to the cause :)

Anyone who's read the script knows these babies won't go to waste. They are critical to the project, not just eye-candy in the background.

If you have any contacts, please get ahold of Chase.

Thanks

- Nimiris

2. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    The only problem you run into is that most Gonks' that people have made, don't move. And an R2 unit costs' about 10-20 thousand dollars to make, so they don't get used much.

>Steve

3. TK-3150

TK-3150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    http://www.astromech.net/

4. DairNimiris

May 19, 2005
    Thank you TK!

And we don't need the Gonk to move at all. Just the R2s

As a matter of fact, if someone has broken down any Gonks for parts, we can use the broken ones. There's a scene in the movie specifically for that.

5. DairNimiris

May 19, 2005
    TK, actually thanks for the link but I checked out the website and it doesn't pan out to my needs. Do you know of any other sources?

Appreciate it :)

6. TK-3150

TK-3150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    I have only met one person who actually has one, and he is in Tampa. Either the R2D2 builders club or maybe the RPF are your best bets for finding people or resources. You might want to shoot over to the Florida 501st boards (www.fl501st.com) and make an account on there asking for help. The guy I met is a member and I'm sure there are more people that have resources to share lurking on there.

As far as a Gonk goes, Skaught from the Florida 501st has one that I have seen and its pretty simple to make. Its mostly 2 Rubbermaid trash cans for the body, some large shopvac hose or corrogated drain line for the legs, carved wooden bases for the feet, and assorted boxes, jibblies, and knobs for the faceplate..........

7. DairNimiris

May 19, 2005
    Thanks TK! [:D]

Anakin! Mira! You have your standing orders! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.