main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

REQUEST FOR MANAGER(S): Search Discussion Feature

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Andrew Macdonald, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Macdonald

Andrew Macdonald Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2016
    If this has been posted before than I'm sorry, if it has been posted before than it's why I'm making this. I just recently posted something that was posted before, I really didn't feel like going through all 16 pages of the episode 8-9 section and looking for it because it is just so annoying and time consuming. I know you gusy are busy and it would be hard but could you consider adding a search feature where you can search for discussions? Thanks.

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    We had one, but the admins were forced to disable it for performance reasons during the run-up to The Force Awakens. Prior to it being disabled, users were experiencing very slow loading times as the server was struggling under the heavy load. There is more information in this thread (stickied at the top of this forum): http://boards.theforce.net/threads/elasticsearch-has-been-disabled.50035213/

EHT likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Andrew Macdonald

If you attempt to Google some keywords from what you read/posted, followed by :boards.theforce.net , there is a very good chance that you will find your item.

4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    That should be "site:boards.theforce.net".

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sure, try that too.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Like they said, search was disabled as it was using a lot of resources and our hosted server is limited. You can try the Google suggestion site:boards.theforce.net from above to limit searches there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.