main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Request for Manchester, NH FanForce Forum

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RikSMaximus, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    I would like to officially put in a request for a forum to make an already existing STAR WARS Fanclub in Manchester NH, an actual recognized FanForce group. We call ourselves the MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS. We have:

10 solid members (with more on the way!)

$200.00 in our group fund so far (for fun stuff!)

Monthly meet schedule (1st Sunday/every month)

Love of all things STAR WARS

The best clubhouse a FanForce could ask for!

For 5-6 months we've been having regular monthly meets without the FF title, but we need to use the channels and follow the rules at theforce.net on our path to the light side! There are a couple meets that need to be updated, but if anyone would like to see how we formed and what we've been up to, you can go to swcantina.com. We've got a few photos there as well (hey...it's a work in progress!).

Thanks to all who have supported us in the past 6 months...everything is appreciated...

Rik

2. Wenji_Mamanc

Wenji_Mamanc Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2003
    I would also like it to be known that I along with Rik and the rest of our fan group would love to have an official presence here at Fan Force.

Being a founding member of the [b]MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS[/b] has been a very enjoyable experience, it is always nice to gather with others who share a common interest and spend an afternoon talking and laughing about Star Wars related topics.

The arts and crafts we do is also always fun and a great souce for us to be able to express our love of all things Star Wars in a creative way.

We also have members bringing in items from their personal collections for a show and tell, and it is always interesting to hear how some of these items were obtained.

Being the groups Webmaster and Graphics Developer is also alot of fun, as it lets me take the groups ideas and express them in a way that others can view and enjoy.

I'm sure having the [b]MANCHESTER MANDALORIANS[/b] a part of the Fan Force Discussion Boards will be a positive experience for all who visit it.

[hr]
    Please visit our site which is still in the process of being developed [link=http://www.swcantina.com/mandalorians/man-index.html]HERE[/link] for more information about us and what we have been doing these past months.

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I, Baron Fel, also request a FF forum for the Manchester Mandalorians. We have an excellent group of people whose interests include a wide range. Every meet that we have is informative, filled with great discussion and sharing of ideas.

As the group's archivist I have also been there since day one and have watched this group thrive and grow, and have wanted us to be 'official'. So please visit our web site posted above and feel free to check out a meeting or two to see what we are all about!

4. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    I would also like to request a forum for the Manchester Mandalorians. I am one of the founding members of the fan club and I have found a group of fans whom I enjoy being with and talking to. We have watched different official Star Wars films (Holiday Special & Under the Dome), made our own lightsaber keychains that light up and did a mini-legos star wars ship session. We plan on watching the new Clone Wars cartoons together at our next meeting. Combined with our "show & tell" of our rare & fun Star Wars collector's pieces. And I can't forget that we do all this in the best place possible: The Cantina! An all Star Wars store that dedicates itself to collectors and fans of all ages!

The only thing missing for our group is a forum to post messages to each other and others interested online.

-Cephas

5. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I say give it to em. doesnt look like the NH forum gets used anyway.The last few posts come from people outside the group with no responses.

6. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Greetings All,

As a founding member myself and the first elected Chancellor for the Manchester Mandalorians, I implore you to consider our request to be recognized by the Fanforce group.
    As you can see from the posting of my fellow members. We are a strong group and off to a great start. We already have regular monthly meetings, elected officials, collect dues and besides all that we have a GREAT time together. We all enjoy everyone's input. We have ton of cool things to do each meeting and as an AWESOME bonus.......we have absolutely the BEST meeting place for a Star Wars fan club EVER in the Cantina.
    So, I know Fanforce will not be disappointed in us. We are just asking for the ability to grow as a club and to have Fanforce be part of it. I personally would like to invite everyone to check out our web site at swcantina.com for more info. Feel free to email me any ??? you may have on our club and stop for a meeting sometime if your ever in the area.

Thanks for your time & hopefully your support.
    May the Force be with us all.....

7. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I too am a founding member of the Manchester Mandalorians and I have been committed to this group since day one. I want to see this group succeed more than life itself. I love this group and the people in it. I find that I can go to the meetings every month and talk about star wars for hours and hours with these people that's how much I love star wars. I have so much fun every month doing all kinds of things. That's why we want to be a part of fanforce.

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    no problemo........1 forum on the way. ;)

9. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Thank you for all of your efforts STRAWBARY...We know that it hasn't been the easiest situation at times, and we also know that you've been fair the whole way through...

10. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    WOW! What a great evening - first I get to see the new Matrix film (which had a Star Wars reference to those on the quick, I cant say what yet, because no everone's seen it yet.) Then I get excited over the lastsamurai.com web site, now we have our own forum!!!! YAY us!

I linked this page and the Cantina to my web site so we can grow from outside this sector of space and reach outwards to the outrim. My site is www.geekuniverse.net for those interested. I posted a short note about our group on it.

Now, when will we get to know the actual address for our official forum?

Yippee yay yay! We got out forum!!!!! 8-D

-Cephas

11. RikSMaximus

Nov 15, 2002
    Just in case you don't know it yet, we now have our very own "Manchester, NH" Forum (under the Northeast heading). Upon completion of 3 meetings with at least 3 members, we will be an official FanForce...and that sounds good to me...

(I feel like I'm on Hoth, at Echo Base, in the heat of the Imperial onslaught, and I hear over the intercom, "The first transport is away...The first transport is away..." Yeeeaaahhhh!!)

Rik

12. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello Everyone,
    How AWESOME is this!! Will it been a long time coming for us but it looks like we are on our way! WWWWWWWoooooooHHHOOOOOooooo! I like to thank Rik for getting this started and his extra time on it to make it all happen. So BIG shout out to RIK!! Go Rik,Go Rik !
    I'd also like to thank everyone you chimed in on it is well we could not have done it with out everyones help. How to the fun stuff.......Did everyone get to watch Clone Wars !? How sweet was it? Hope everyone liked it. I personaly LOVED it!
    One thing I'd like everyone to go check out. I found this web site that is trying to get Star Wars Celebration III to come to Boston. How cool would that be?! I know we'd all love that. :) So go to the following site and sign the thing people!!!! Ok, every be safe and till our next meeting. OH>>> I found a ton of the new pieces this weekend. I'll list them for everyone at smartgroup.
    Later all, May the force be with you....
    TK

http://www.petitiononline.com/sw2005/petition.html

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Great to hear from you TK! Since you are the Chancellor of the MANDALORIANS, you are the CR of the Fan Force group! I can't wait to see what new stuff you have! One question, do you find much Star Wars stuff at yard sales and flea markets, and do you have any tips on where to find this stuff? Appreciate it!

See you later!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.