main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Request for TFF: Star Wars Battlefront II Competition@ GAMESTOP

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mugen, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    The Event meeting went well today..we got to the bottom of alot of issues, and sad to say..but AARONS(rent to own) flaked out on lending us 6 big screen tvs for the event. I mentioned that I had known all the guys at COLORTYME for a long time now..close to 5 years..and so It was left up to me to ask Kal if he would be willing to work it out and lend us some tvs. Joe and I headed down to the COLORTYME office on 1st and Grant, and Kal saved the day! Joe and I took all the fliers Kal had given us and a banner to put up back to ITT Tech..everyone was overjoyed! They thought that if we couldnt secure the tvs we would have to use projectors..which suck because it would have to be pitch black in the room to have the picture look good.

Also, today was the day to have the 200 stickers for the grab bags, for the contestants..we were the only contributer to not bring our bag goodies.. :( So we have till mid week next week to get them in.

We have a big room secured for us to change in...so we need to park in the back...go through the rear entrance and go left at the "T" intersection of the hallway..then to the last door on the left.

We need to get the audio cd available to the ITT people so that we will have SW music going on in the background..to set the mood.

Oh great news..the T SHIRTS ARE IN!!!!!!!!! They are a little plain..(dark blue with white lettering on left breast) so I was thinking to differentiate from regular ITT, and Gamestop people...we put a half Imperial Cog/Rebel symbol on the backs of ours? What do you think???? Dusty? How do-able is that?? I could give you each youre shirts and have you go get them ebroydered or vinylized or we can do them all together...by which method I do not know. Let me know.

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Its doable bro, but Im waiting on new printer cartridges.

3. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    if people pitch in money for some printer cartridges and sticker paper I can print them here at the house. would just need someone to run me to the store to buy the cartridges and paper and I could do them tonight and have them ready for cutting tomorrow.

4. JediObiKat

JediObiKat Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 15, 2006
    I'm afraid events are conspiring not to let me come down for Battlefront...:(.
    I got an offer to rent my place out for a couple of weekends, which I was very excited about, but, naturally, one of the weekends was this one, and since I couldn't in my right mind refuse...[face_worried] I'm afraid I'll just be seeing you guys for the August meeting.

5. Mugen

May 7, 2005
  6. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    So what you are saying is you have no place to stay overnight while down here??? I am sure someone can put you up for the night!!

7. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, it's not like you don't have choices if that's what holding you back from attending the event.

8. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Hey I was just wondering if ITT Tech (or somebody else) did a big publicity thing with this including postcards, cuz I got a postcard in the mail today giving me the info... it was pretty wierd...

9. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    yes. ITT sent out reminders to all the people who pre registered for the event...its thier way to remind people that are registered to come and WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

10. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Dude, it sounds like you guys are gonna have a killer time with this. Make sure to post plenty of pics!

11. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I just went over and formally invited any members of the PFF to come, that are not going to the San Diego Con. With any luck we can make this an Arizona event!!!!!!!!!!

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Great Idea! You Da' Man!

13. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I was wondering...the COLORTYME tv guys are going to be delivering the 50" tvs to ITT Tech on Saturday after 630pm-715pm..Joe and I are going to be there..but could still use a hand rolling the tvs into the main audience chamber...if you can assist fora few mins give me a call to set it up. thanks fellas!!!!!

14. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    If I don't have my car in the shop I might be able to make it

15. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    I was just wondering about what time you guys would be getting to ITT? I don't want to get there too early or too late.

16. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    All costumed members should be there at approx 11am on Sunday morning. Park in the back, go into the building and make a left at the intersection...the change room is the last left of the hallway..look for signs.

17. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Qui-Gon never got done. Should I show up as the wookiee or should I show up to take pictures?

18. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Everyone wants to see the WOOK in action! They have people who are taking pics and actually filming the event for dvd!!!!!!

19. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Ok, thanks :)

20. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I don't have a ride, now that I realize I have to be there that early. Any takers (of me)?

21. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    i'll come get you, mike

22. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    cool, what time? I can get a ride to your house maybe if its early enough, say around 9:30...

23. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Damn Mike..930 I may still be sleeping! I-) j/k I'll be ready to go at about 1045am on the 23rd of July.

Its crunch time boys and girls! I am nervous, but I feel its gonna go well...oh and BTW...Josh from the DSG is coming..and he is bringing VADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D=

This will truly be an event to remember.

24. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    firstsonofsolo=:_|

25. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Im no cry baby!