San Diego, CA Request From Make-A-Wish

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GreyJedi, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for taking the time to do this, Nala.

That would be AWESOME if they could make it happen. :D
  2. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Miana..been a while since I checked this thread.. But thanks for the complement. Seriously, that means that I had it down right! (Too many years of acting...so I love it when I can pull off a character that successfully!).

Just have always loved a challange when it comes to costuming/acting! And this was a big one. Glad I was able to be there for Emmie and all of you. (Plus have the time of my life! :) The ultimate complement I got was from Mark Hamill, he didn't know until he got up next to me and started asking me about the make up.. I had broken the character and "voice" and started to tell him. He looked startled then he started really laughing and said.."That is so cool. You really do a great Obi-Wan and Ewan..and I've met Ewan..trust me..you do a great job of doing him." That just made my day. (Next on the list ... Captn Jack). :)
  3. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Quick Question.. Do we have a definte date and time for the Premiere yet? Just checking my calandars to make sure that time is free. Will be there! :)
  4. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I've asked Trey if the first or second Saturday would be do-able but he's not answering my e-mails. I may have to ask someone on the crew for an update.

I would try and keep both those Saturdays free, Master K.
  5. Nala_Alturi Jedi Knight

star 2
    i just wanted to know which weekend to come to san diego
  6. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I don't know full details, but all I know is that they're working on it. :)

*Crosses fingers that it'll get done*
  7. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I posted an update on the site.
  8. jacen66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I saw Trey At C3. I asked him how it was coming. He said soon. Who knows what that means.
  9. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Is MAW okay with the fact that we're going outside of the 6 month mark?
  10. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    MAW is the one that moved it to June.

Trey's Return of Pink Five has grown considerabley from it's initial concept - which is why it didn't make the deadline for the Fan Film Awards. Now the ILM is done with RotS stuff, I'm going to see if they have the time to finish it since Trey is getting squeezed with his own work.

Stay tuned...
  11. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm really hoping that it isn't going to be the 15th, which is the same as the unofficial SW Disneyland day. Jos and I are already committed to sharing hotel rooms and expenses with The Emperor and his wife (friends from Santa Cruz). Let us know asap.

Thanks
  12. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I thought D-land was the 25th?
  13. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Opps/... still recovering from the Con and fingers slipped. Your right, it's the 25th..
    Also, I met a friend of yours at the Con, she came up right after the performance at the Cabaret, really sweet and made me feel so special. Especially after we messed up so bad. I have blanked on her name, but would like to tell her just thank you again. She's from San Diego FF..:)

Thanks

Kim/Kenobi
  14. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Kelly or Michelle? They were Mandalorians at C3.. not sure if they were dressed that way that night or not.
  15. Resilient Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wasn't one of us. We didn't get to make it to the costume cabaret performances, though we did run into Master K in the halls a couple times.
  16. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_blush] I missed the costume cabaret on Sunday. Sorry, Master K. We were really short on volunteers.

However Sue, Michael, Michelle, Kelli, and I were all on the same flights back to SD. And Steve Sansweet was on our flight from Indy to Dallas.
  17. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Oooh, Kim, do you mean Moriah? She's from NY FF, not here, but she's coming to Comic Con with me. :)

She mentioned that she got to meet you after I told her that she HAD to see your guyses skit (which she didn't videotape.. grrr). :(
  18. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, June is better than May for me. Seeing as we are nearly at May now!
    I would have to make a special trip, but for Emmie and the premiere, I would do it. Plus, I would get to see some of you guys again!!!
  19. ThePariah Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Mi, it was me who ran to say hi to Kim. I couldn't resist. :p And I didn't attempt to video the fight because, although my friends were able to take a little video of other skits with their digital cameras, some German volunteer kept pestering them to stop, so I figured I'd get caught and blathered at too.

*waves to Kim* Yeah, I'm from the NYC FF, sorry for the confusion. :p If Tulare comes down to crash at Donna's place for SDCC I'll see you there again. :D
  20. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    "Waves back!!" Hi!! NP about the confusion. Just thanks again about how good you made me feel. We are working on ComicCon, so will defintiely get to see you again then.

Also, does anybody happen to have a pic of when Ani did the Vader "Hoist and Choke" with my feet dangling approximatly 1-2 foot off of the ground? (that's what they all tell me) :) We would really love to get a pic of that. Ahhh... Adrenalin combined with the Dark Side...makes for a good fight! LOL

21. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    DUDE! The guy who controlled the R2 at the movie shoot was at Legoland today! I got to talk to him for a bit.

Also, one of our movie Jedi was working out from for most of the day. :)
  22. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  24. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    That's Mike Senna and his R2. His droid is awesome; you should hear the stories from C3 (I roomed Michael Davis who is also in the R2 Builders group). :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.