main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Request From Make-A-Wish

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GreyJedi, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm not sure what driving arrangements are going to be. I would like to carpool, but if Michael loans out his Han in carbonite and I need to take it up for Trey's movie I might have to go alone (unless I can strap it to the roof rack).

I'm also leaving very, very early - like 5:30 or 6am.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    How long is the carbonite thing? I can see if I can borrow my dad's truck and just wrap that thing in a blanket and put it in the back.

3. Resilient

Resilient Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2003
    What's the timeframe for the shoot anyways? From when to when?

4. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    I'll double-check with Trey, but we need to finish by 4:00pm so he can reset the equipment for his shoot the next day.

My best recommendation is try to get there between 8am and 9am - and take into account the LA traffic (about 40+ minutes added to your drive time).

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Memo to self: go to bed at 8pm night before....

6. vkyoshi

vkyoshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    ok so is the 17th a hard date yet ?
    i'll need to know for sure before i do the paperwork for the time off . trying to change the date after the papers are in the system is just asking for trouble .

considering if everything is a go , if some one wants to carpool i can meet them wherever and pay for gas . ( i just loath driveing to LA ) .

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Just a quick question:

What does Emmie have?

8. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    If you read the other site, the date is pretty firm for Friday, December 17th.

Do you mean what is his medical condition? Or what he has Star Wars-wise?

I was told his illness is sickle-cell anemia; and we're hoping he doesn't have to have a transfusion right before the shoot because it saps his energy. So far the 17th works for his family, so I'm going with that.

[begin nag]
    I need volunteers to fill out the form on the other site so I can submit it to Make-A-Wish for paperwork. If there is the slightest chance you can make it, get on the list.
    [/end nag]
    ;)

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yep, I was referring to condition.

10. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    If anyone is near Chino (or out beyond it) and needs a ride, I would be more than happy to have some company on the drive to LA. PM me if you are interested. Also, do we have directions to this place?

11. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey GreyJedi! I got the 17th off! My school is incredibly supportive. So, plan on Ash, Ani, and myself on being there! I also think that Padme will be there too. What we do need to know is the location of the studio. We are probably going to stay at a hotel locally. The "transformation" does take a bit of time.

Just letting you know :)

Master K

12. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    C'mon you guys! I made the web site so you could find the information there. Everything about the studio is posted under "News/Updates". :(

13. Resilient

Oct 30, 2003
    Friday's the set day, eh? I'd like to take part in this but it doesn't look like it will happen unless luck is on my side.

I'll have to pull strings and talk with my instructor to see if it would be possible for me to miss the last day of my portfolio class without getting penalized in anyway. I doubt it, but you never know.

Though I don't like my Mandalorian getting the title of "bounty hunter" because that's not what she is, if I show up for the shoot and suit up it will probably be as Nimadi so you have a character for that "bounty hunter" part of the script.

Shaak Ti is only a possibility if I get the time to fix some problems with the headdress and if I get the whole day off.

If I have to show up for my afternoon class and I decide to try and squeeze in the shoot, I won't have much time to be available at the studio before I have to run back towards san diego around 11 to try and make it back in time for my 1pm class.

14. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Sorry about posting questions here but I FINALLY got my password for the site. It just didn't like my computer. Now I can go check it out.! :)

15. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Go check it out, Master Kenobi. You can get a copy of the script and start memorizing your lines (both of them). [face_laugh]

Oh Michelle you must feel like you're playing Twister - tying youself into a knot to help out.

A group of Mandalorians is exactly what I want, but I used the generic "bounty hunter".

Please don't hesitate to use the terms "Make-A-Wish Foundation," "life-threatening medical condition," "child," and "once in a lifetime opportunity". You can even use them in the same sentence for extra impact when discussing this with your professor. ;)

Because the Mandalorians are shot by themselves, you can get there early (like 7 or 8am), we can take the shot, and you can leave (not that we want you to, of course). If you turn youself into a pretzel to make it work, I - in turn - will pretzel myself to work with you. :D

Have I said lately that this group ROCKS?

16. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    So Donna, you need my mandalorian in addition to Kit Fisto? Also will I be able to carpool with you Donna? My truck's hyperdrive is busted...LA is too far...

17. wraithsqd

wraithsqd Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2003
    ok all i am going to go so paul if you want to carpool let me know. and as a sith do i get to die (Nora said thats what sith do) let me know but i am a go and i have a friend going to take photos he is real good

18. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Sure, we can carpool from my house. I'm picking up Miana in Lake Elsinore, because I'm going up the 15 and not the 5. I will be leaving VERY EARLY (like 5:30-6:00, however Starbucks is .5 miles from my house ;) ).

Yes, bring your Mandalore if you don't mind changing or letting someone else wear it. There is going to be a make-up artist (or two) there to help out. Master Kenobi is getting a motel room nearby because it takes 4 hours to do the make-up.

Kevin, we can include your Sith the the Mandalores; it's one shot of the "bad guys" in the "movie". Check out the script for the exact scenes. :D

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    If you need a refill, there's 3 Starbucks within a 5 mile radius of my house. ;)

20. Svoor

Svoor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    If you need a third Mandalorian, I'm your girl. :)

I'll head over to the site now and sign up.

21. Resilient

Oct 30, 2003
    Sounds like I might be able to make it and be able to miss my class that friday without it damaging my grade in anyway. I'll know for sure if I can or not later today.

22. Resilient

Oct 30, 2003
    w00t! My instructor will let me turn my final project in earlier in the week so I'll be there. :D

23. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    I'd really like to participate, but I can't be at the shoot 'til about 2PM. If I can be useful, I can attend the shoot wearing a Jedi outfit (resembling Mace Windu/Obi-Wan). And I've got a Parks Saber and few of MR lighted sabers with sound. Or I'd be happy to help in any other capacity. Just let me know.

24. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    As long as you get on the volunteer list (which is on the web site), then feel free to join the fun. However, we will be shutting down around 4pm.

25. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Are more sabers needed for the shoot? We have a couple of the MR ones we'd be willing to loan to a responsible party for the shoot.
    I know we'd be in the way if we actually tried to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.