main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Request From Make-A-Wish

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GreyJedi, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    OK, we managed to find a room up by Magic Mountain (still closer than our area) and are planning to do the makeup there. (Hey we have hotel bathrooms down to an artform where Makeup is concerned).

Ash and I are taking her truck and Ani, Padme and our friend Cheryl are going in Ani's car. (We won't all fit). So we are planning on being there just before 8 am. Cheryl is an absolutely incredible photographer who is volunteering her time and camera and yes, she is all signed up! :)

Just out of curiousity...how is food being handled on the shoot? Are we on our own or will some be provided? Just one of those things that pop into mind at about 2:00 a.m. We can live on just about anything. Also, does anybody have a directors chair for our guest of honor? Especially on with his name on it? I looked around here and couldn't find one. But again, one of those 2:00 a.m. thoughts.

GreyJedi. I will get a landline call into you tomorrow afternoon or early evening to finalize details.

Can hardly wait to see everybody and make this dream come true.

Force Be With You (All!)

Master K

2. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    As long as Nora and the Wookie are on the list, they can come along. However the list closes tomorrow so get them to fill out the form ASAP.

I'm sure the crew can use another, experienced person. Non-costumed help is always appreciated. :)

3. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Important Information on the site

Please go to the site to read the last minute instructions.

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Donna...Just wanted to confirm I still would like to carpool with you...

5. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    See you bright and early on Friday.... :D

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey Grey.. We think Ash is on the list (can't remember and has to be since she is my makeup artist), but the site absolutely hates me. It refuses to let me on again! ...hmmm. This is why I am asking here. Are we still supposed to be there ready to go by 8:00? I did see where the first call is at 9:00.

Thanks,

Me

7. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Yes, we need Master Ash and her make-up kit because we don't have a make-up artist yet. Would she be willing to do the others as well?

We figure our "star" will arrive around 9pm, so get there when you can either before or shortly after. If you could be in make-up to greet Emmie, that would be awesome! But I know it's a long process.

I'll call you tonight with details.

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    ^ 9 am, Donna. ;)

9. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Whoops! [face_blush]

Yes, Emmie should arrive around 9am.

(Okay, so I'm tired.)

10. Tal-Kender

Tal-Kender Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    I'm sorry for the last minute notice, but I have to pull out. My boss just cancelled my day off... (big fat upheaval here at work, so everyone is getting messed up).

I still have costumes and props that I'm willing to let people borrow them for the shoot.

11. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Don't worry, Jess. We actually have more people/costumes/props than we need but I don't have the heart to tell anyone who filled out the form "no". :)

And now that the Make-A-Wish people know who we are, we may get other requests.

The final list is up on the site. If you filled out the form but don't see your name notify me. If you think you can't make it, notify me ASAP. Thanks.

12. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Donna, for those carpooling what time do you want us to be at your house?

13. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    I need you here by 5:30am. I expect traffic to be horrible plus I'm picking up Miana in Lake Elsinore. I'm trying to get to the studio by 8am.

Fortunately there is a Starbucks near my house and I have the world's greatest donut shop nearby. Or, you can get frest Krispy Kreme's at my Albertson's store. Take your pick. :)

14. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    There's a 5:30 am?? Expect me to be a zombie tomorrow...

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    So about what time do you reckon you'll be here? Traffic going toward LA isn't too bad in the early hours (until you hit the 91 and the 10... but through Temecula, Rainbow, and Fallbrook, the traffic's usually going the other direction).

Also, you sure there isn't anything I need to bring (besides myself and costume?)

16. Resilient

Resilient Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2003
    Is there anything drivers should know about regarding parking at the studio lot's parking structure? Like if we have to get permits whathave you, if it's a pay-and-park, or if anyone that's visiting/using any of the studios can park there.

17. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Hey All , I am shure all of you that are going are sleeping NOW, just wanted to say I hope you all have a good time I know it's for a very good cause!

I shure hope i get to see everybody befor X-mas Hits , I just been very busy!

Talk to you all later!

Kenneth!!!

18. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Parking information is posted on the site under the NEWS section.

There is a free parking structure next to the studio and we are in the building in the far right corner of the courtyard. There will be a sign over the door.

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Yawn* 4:30 is an ungodly hour in the morning...

20. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
  21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Since we're supposed to brag....

That Mark Hamill sure is a nice guy. :D Very nice indeed... Too bad I didn't get his autograph when he was offering it...

22. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Mark Hamill gave me compliments on my Kit Fisto costume :D

Edit: Oh yeah and I also gave him one of our brand new SDSWS t-shirts!

23. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    For those who couldn't make it, Mark Hamill made an appearance at the shoot today. Chris, the producer, is a friend of his and arranged this. I was sworn to secrecy so it would be a surprise to everyone.

Mr. Hamill spent about an hour with us. He was very funny telling stories and gladly signed autographs (people were running out to their cars grabbing whatever they could find for him to sign [face_laugh] ).

He's also going to help us petition ILM to do the special effects for the "trailer". I hope to have all the editing done by mid- to late January and do a run of DVDs shortly after that. Once everything is done, I would like to have a "premier" for the trailer, invite Emmie and his family and the production crew, roll out the red carpet, and make a big specticle.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    That's awesome, Donna. We'd be showing the documentary with it, yes?

25. Nala_Alturi

Nala_Alturi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    When will the photos taken on set be available?

Emmie Barnes your movie has everything from Master Yoda,R2-D2, Sith, Bounty Hunters ,Jedi,even Mark Hamill stopping by.Can I be in the sequel?
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.