main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Request From Make-A-Wish

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GreyJedi, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, we made it back up to "FOGGY" Central CA safe and sound and exhausted! (Woke up this morning still with traces of med adhesive stuck to my face. - <grin>) I hit the bed and it was definitely lights out.

We had a blast. Thanks again for everything. Not only was it great to help Emmi's dream come true, but it was definitely one for me too. To be in a SW film, on a blue-screen set, as a recognized SW character AND have Mark show up. Hey it just doesn't get any better than that! (hugs to you all for making it possible.) And, yeah, when are the pics showing up, we just have to show the universe what a great kid we had there. He stuck through a looonngg day like a trooper and was a good little actor. He hit his marks, did great delivery on his lines and was more of a professional than most of the "big name" kid actors I have worked with.. Good Job, Padawan.

Can hardly wait to see everyone again. As for me, right now, this "Master" is gonna go find the rest of the makeup remover and finish shaving.

You guys are Gold!

May The Force Be With You...Always

Kenobi

2. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    As soon as folks send me their photos I'll put them up on my server and give a link.

I still think Master Yoda and Master Kenobi should do a talk show together... ;)

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Definitely! That was too hilarious.

"Good handstands!"

And everyone should go around and just call Donny "Dude!" :p

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Yesterday rocked...totally and completely...rocked.

You guys are so awesome, and so much fun to work with! I was completely floored when they said Mark Hamill would be stopping by. I know this was all for Emmie (who is also awesome as a kid and as an actor), but more than one of my wishes was granted too. I have some pics to send out but I think I will wait until after today's Toys 4 Tots event to do it.

If you guys do a talk show with Yoda and Obi Wan we should do a "Jedi on the Couch" show also. Think "The View", only with Jedi and faster, more intense. "Today's topic: The Dark side, have you been tempted?" ;)

I can't wait to see some of you again today. Thanks for the memories!

Edit: It looks like I may have left my Jedi boots at the soundstage. Did anyone pick up an extra pair? OR does anyone have the phone number for the guys there?

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Don't worry, we left a LOT of stuff there. :p Donna said she's going to get a hold of Trey to collect up our stuff.

And as for Jedi on the Couch, I still think our topics would mostly be about food. :p

6. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    OMG! That sounds totally awsome!!
    I wish I could have been there. This group is amazing!

7. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    That's why I want to do the "premier", Kat. So the members who couldn't participate can see what we did. :)

TK1389 posted his pictures on the SoCal Garrison board. Go to the Photo Gallery and click on the Southern California Trooper section. The Make-A-Wish album is on the second page.

8. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I took a look at the pictures. Absolutely amazing the smile on his face!
    We'll make sure to make time to make it to the premiere.

9. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    That "Amazing Smile" in the pic was nothing compared to the real one that we got to see. :) He is an incredible kid. Got to see the pics and they look great..ahhh memories already. As soon as Master Ash-Tohn can get her's to download onto the computer, we will have about 100 more and our friend has over 6 rolls of REAL film. Can hardly wait for the big Primeir..Primier...Pre...First Time Showing! :)

Now, everyone..you survived the shoot, you survived Toys4Tots...This is GENERAL Kenobi ordering all of you... Go Get Some Sleep!

MTFBWY

Transmission Out

10. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    But did they survive the holiday party? That's the real question - especially considering the Star Wars Holiday Special was shown! :eek:

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, so far only Rachel has posted, so we know she survived... as to the fate of everyone else... who knows... I'm sure some are bound to have had nightmares about the whole thing. :p

12. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Donna - If you are starting a list of "Left Behinds" from the MAW shoot, can you add my leather Jedi Belt strap? (Description: Brown leather loop about 2 inches wide) I didn't realize that I had left it behind until I was getting dressed for the T4T gig.

Thanks in advance!

By the way Linda, I love your Star Wars room...

13. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Sure thing Edgar. Your belt loop and Tionne_Hawk's boots. :D

14. vkyoshi

vkyoshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    But did they survive the holiday party?

i survied and had a great time but i had another ten hours of work to do today on other stuff .

man i can't wait to get back to work so i can get some rest.

15. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I survived the Holiday Special, though I must say I had the weirdest dreams that night. ;)

Don't forget MianaKenobi's green/brown sash. :)

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LMAO! Me too! I just kinda woke up going "What the..."

And that stupid Cantina song is stuck in my head!

And yes! My sash! :p

Oh, by the way... whoever put the Yoda Legos in the gift exchange... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I love it!! :D :D :D

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *Looks at Miana's icon and runs out screaming*

18. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    ^[face_laugh]

I've already started a list of missing items, which include my red ball prop, a frame, and Rachel's sash. Once I hear from everyone I'll send it to Chris.

19. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    "...whip whip stir..." - SW holiday special

another thing to add to the lost items list.. i think i left some food at the studio, like some fried chicken or some sandwiches.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL.

Oh, add that couch to the list. ;) And I forgot my giant Tiki head.

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    "Great (James), always thinking with your stomach." ;)

Yes, we must get our couch back.

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Has anyone posted any more pics other than the ones Donna gave a link to the other day?

23. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I e-mailed you some of my pics, Linda. Hopefully you can upload them from there.

24. Resilient

Resilient Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2003
    I got the couple of pics that were taken with my camera uploaded friday night, but didn't get a link posted because I needed to get ready for my flight. They're lower res than the originals so I could get them uploaded quick.

http://pics.livejournal.com/resilientspider/gallery/000041y2

25. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Please send all pics to me so I can gather them for the DVD. I'm also going to upload them to my server (where our web site is).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.