main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Request From Make-A-Wish

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GreyJedi, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Personally, I think more Jedi should do the whole camouflage, color-changing tabbards. Maybe that would help when we all clump up like that. You know, confuse the enemy? :D

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    yeah.. that way they won't know how many of us are in a clump, but that we're still a big clump of jedi.

3. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Is a clump more than a flock???

A Flock of Jedi???

4. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    [face_laugh]

A gaggle of geese and a clump of Jedi.

5. Nala_Alturi

Nala_Alturi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    Hello I just wanted to know when the rest of the pictures would be posted to the gallery and if you are going to do Jedi on the Couch.

6. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    I'm still waiting for the other three people to send me their pictures. I need them for the DVD ASAP. Emmie does not have all the time in the world to wait.

I put up a plea on the site.

7. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Got your message and we literally got the DVD's burned last night. Jos's computer crashed and we had a bugger of a time getting things back. But as soon as you pm your Addy..they will be on their way.

From the post, am I understanding that Emmie has taken a turn for the worse? Please let us know.

8. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Make-A-Wish has a six month time frame to complete wishes. By having the "premier" in early May we are pushing the time frame.

I still am waiting on video footage from the MAW camera guy and everything has to be edited, formatted, and put on a DVD. I would really love to make a nice menu for selecting the items, and that takes time too.

So the more things I can get while we wait to complete the trailer is more things I can work on for the DVD.

Yeah it was great and wonderful to attend the shoot and meet Mark Hamill but this is about Emmie and his wish, not us.

9. Nala_Alturi

Nov 16, 2002
    I know this wish was for Emmie.I would like be able to get a autographed picture of Emmie to go with
    his autograph he gave me on my stunt saber.

10. Nala_Alturi

Nov 16, 2002
    Just wanted to know if there is any news on
    our little Anai's (Emmie's) condition?

11. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Some of that information is on a "need to know" basis - and we are not in the "need to know" group. All I know is that we need to get ready for his "premier" in May. Everyone is welcome to attend.

I wish I had some news to report, but right now we are at a standstill. Hopefully I will have some news by mid-March.

Just keep checking the site for any new pictures in the Gallery. :)

12. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    I added about 100 pictures today and I scanned a "thank you" letter the director of Make-A-Wish here in San Diego sent to us.

It's addressed to the San Diego Star Wars Society, but it's meant for everyone who participated.

13. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Thanks for keeping us posted Donna. I wish I could be at the premiere, but I will be up in Marin. Will there be a way for me to get a DVD of the trailer and whatever 'extras' were shot?

14. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Yes, there will be copies you can buy of the DVD. They're either going to be at cost or a little more with the extra going to Make-A-Wish.

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    AWESOME photos. Thank you, whoever got a shot of me! I so should have taken my camera...

Is it sad that I was captioning a lot of the pictures? :p

Oh, and Kim? My friend gave you a really good (I think) compliment. She said, "Wow, whoever he is, that guy does a really good job of Obi-Wan!" She was speechless when I said "Um.. SHE." :p (I guess that's a compliment). ;)

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Because I was bored and fiddling with photoshop...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/legomania2/Make%20a%20Wish/Lightsaberscolor.jpg]

The picture was too small to make the lightsabers look decent. But hey, still looks cute. :p

17. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Rachel, here's a great tutorial to improve those sabers:

http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/postproduction/sabres/sabertutorials.asp

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ooh, rock on. Thanks Donny!

19. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    I have that picture in a higher resolution, Rachel. Do you want me to send it to you and you can try the tutorial?

BTW, I/we also received a neat plaque from Make-A-Wish thanking us. I'll scan the front so everyone can see it. I'll keep it with the club stuff so we can show it off when we do fan tables at conventions. :D

20. Nala_Alturi

Nov 16, 2002
    Do we have enough pictures of Emmie to do this?
    If we do I think he would love to have one of these. http://www.andgor.com/dcgallery.html

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Donna, if you could send me a higher resolution of that, that would be great!! :D

And OMG, Emmi Action figure... that would be SO adorable!

22. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Nala, that is a FANTASTIC idea!

I'll write them and see if they will do it as a donation to our project. :D

23. Nala_Alturi

Nov 16, 2002
    I Emailed http://www.andgor.com/dcgallery.html
    to ask about the Emmie Action Figure
    and this is what I was told

Nala,

Normally we take about 4-6 months to make a figure and then it is about $500 for the figure you are talking about. How soon were you looking to get this....Not to be crude....but rather realistic....what kind of time table are we dealing with on Emmie? I am trying to work a few things out.....so please get back to me......

Sam
    "Sales AndGor" sales2@andgor.com

Maybe someone at Make-A-Wish could help us with what we are trying to do for Emmie.

24. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Realistically I don't think we have 4-6 months.

Make-A-Wish works to grant wishes within a 6 month time frame. We are pushing the limit on that with the premier in early May.

25. Nala_Alturi

Nov 16, 2002
    I told Sam about the time limit and asked if the figure could be ready by April.
    Sam said they would know sometime next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.