main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Request from So. Cal Garrison Member

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by MasterBarkeep3633, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    Yo ! Names Jerms from So. Cal Garrison and San Deigo Star Wars Socitiy. I have a BIG favor to ask... does any one live in the down town Milwaukee area ? Say.... near 5th street ? If so and you are available to make a little trip for me, I'd be MORE then greatful..... PM me or reply to this message to let me know...
    OH ! And where any of you in the Rose Parade ? Several of our members were, and I am curious to see who else from where else made it. Thanks !
    JERMS/TK-3633

2. SWCostumer

SWCostumer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2005
    In regards to the Rose Parade, the closest to Milwaukee fan to get picked was Lionel from Chicago in his old Ben Kenobi costume. He is also in the Great Lukeski's Grease Wars video.

While I don't live in downtown, depending what and when you want/need and if you don't hear from anyone else, PM me.

3. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Ummmm, what about Trent?

4. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I was going to say - I know Trent was there. As I hear it he even got to talk a bit to George himself. Apparently you're not paying your Bothan spies enough.

5. MasterBarkeep3633

May 9, 2004
    Well, Bothan spies are expensive, and Manny Both Hans is dead... (If you don't know what I am talking about.... look for Tag and Bink at a comic book store in the Star Wars section and prepair to laugh !) so what can I do, I couldn't go.... (working two jobs, and money is tight)
    What I need someone to do is go visit a guy and either get my stuff back from him, get the helmet he promised to send me, get $200 from him, or if he's and @$$ and blows you off let me know he really lives there so I can take his butt to small claims court. (Yes, there's a story to this)
    I saw a republic comando helmet on e bay, offered the guy a trade, he accepted, one Tie pilot helmet (unfinished) for one unfinished commando helmet. I send mine, he keeps saying "I'll send it, I'll send it, just one more week". Now nothing... I need you to go talk to the guy and let him know I am still here and I will take his sorry butt to court if he doesn't pay up, and a face to face with an acutal person really drives that point home. All you have to do is talk to him, NOTHING MORE, say "hay, I'm here for the helmet you promised Jerms.... yadda yadda..."and bam, he gives it to you and you mail it to me, for which I pay for for doing so. OR he says F off and learns very quickly internet fraud is a crime and becomes the recipient of a human booster shot from a guy names "Bubba". IF you can do this for me let me know and I'll PM you the details... I realizes this is a LOT to ask of a stranger who is only united by a commen love of star wars, but you'd be doing me a huge favor and I'll send you out some stuff in return if you can. Thanks !
    JERMS !!!

6. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    So you want someone from the Milwookiee Council to harass this guy for you?

7. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    That's NOT what we do. We harrass each other. Completely different.

8. MasterBarkeep3633

May 9, 2004
    Not Herass the guy, that would be wrong, and wrong for me to ask. Sorry, I suppose it does sound like I am asking that, and I apologize, I'm just kinda angry this guy, who claimed to be a SW fan took my stuff and disapeared... I donno'.... what do you think I should do then ?

9. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    What's his name? Maybe we know him.

10. MasterBarkeep3633

May 9, 2004
    Mario Soto....

Sorry... guess you guys are right... I am sorry I asked... my only excuse is I am angry cause that was an important part of my costume I had and now I got nothing.... Never mind...
    JERMS...

11. FennShysha

FennShysha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    If you PM me his address I'll stop by. I can't guarantee he'll be there but if he's there I'll give him an offer he can't refuse.

12. MasterBarkeep3633

May 9, 2004
    Tell ya what, just find out if he actually LIVES there... so I can deal with this though the court system... I'd hate to find out he just gave me an address of his friend who "Holds" things for him...
    JERMS....

13. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Here's a PSA from the 501st Legion:

501st Legion Counil Resolutions / Recasting / Sales (link)

Policies that are not addressed in the 501st Legion Charter but which have been adopted by Legion Command are documented here for reference.

Council Resolution 1: Legion's Stance on Recasting

Resolution: The 501st Legion does not condone, support, or encourage re-casting. It is, however, outside of the scope of this club's mission, charter, authority, jurisdiction, and purview to consume our time and energies as a volunteer organization in efforts to prosecute those who, of their own volition, choose to engage in re-casting.

Council Resolution 2: Legion's Stance on Sales of Non-501st Legion Items

Resolution: While the 501st Legion Charter includes specific restrictions over the approval, design and distribution of 501st merchandise, it does not address the private sales transactions of non-501st items between members. All Legion members are, therefore, urged to exercise due caution before engaging in private transactions with any individuals (even with other 501st members) of any item which is not officially coordinated through, or authorized by, the 501st Command Staff or the Merchandise and Branding Officer.
    "Due caution" includes taking the following precautions:

1) consult other members (including Garrison Command Staff) who have had prior transactions with the seller,

2) establish a clear written agreement with the seller detailing the quality of work, quantity, date and method of delivery,

3) if the seller does not have an impeccable track-record, negotiate a progressive payment plan,

4) clearly document any agreed upon conditions where partial or full refund would be honored,

5) don't send money to any individual of which you are not prepared to lose, and

6) when in doubt, walk away from the offer.

14. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Wow - I fully admit to being a nerd and big time fan of everything Star Wars. But sometimes - even to me - the 501st seems to take itself a bit too seriously.

15. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Q4T. The charter on the website looks like an official government document. You can't say they're not organized though.

16. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
  17. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    You could say the same of the Nazis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.