main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Requesting help with IMAX AOTC Promo Card list

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sebulba-X, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I've going thru all the list of theaters/towns that the Official site stated had AOTC IMAX film. Many theaters had the 4 inch by 9 inch promo card available at the theater itself or in local retail stores (Toys R Us for example). Of those cities that had the card, some had movie and theater information printed on the backs of them. So this is the info I'd like from anyone who may know:

1. Did any of these other Canadian theaters have the cards availble?
    British Columbia - Vancouver CN IMAX Theatre at Canada Place
    Manitoba - Winnipeg IMAX Theatre at Portage Place
    Nova Scotia - Halifax Empire IMAX Theatre

2. If so, did they have it custom printed?
    3. If anyone has a non-blank one, could they send me a scan of the back?

Of course I'm obsessively collecting them, but putting a checklist together is and has been rather fun. Pictures of the cards I've been able to get ahold of and scan are here: Seb's Imax Cards.

The imcomplete checklist up to this point:
    Printed Cards:
    • Canada - 7 theaters: Alberta - Calgary Chinook Centre, Edmonton Silver City West Edmonton Mall; British Columbia - Langley Colossus Langley; Ontario - Mississauga Coliseum Mississauga, Toronto Paramount Toronto, Woodbridge Colossus Woodbridge; Quebec - Montreal Paramount
    • Indiana Indianapolis - White River State Park
    • Missouri Kansas City - Sprint IMAX
    • New York West Nyack - IMAX Theatre at Palisades Center
    • North Carolina Raleigh - IMAX Theatre at Exploris
    • South Carolina Charleston - Fountain Walk Theater
    Blank Cards
    • Colorado Colorado Springs - Cinemark IMAX Theater
    • Georgia Atlanta - Regal Mall of Georgia

Thanks for your help, Seb-X

2. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    There weren't any for Montreal ;)

3. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I sent you...

Ontario - Mississauga Coliseum Mississauga, Toronto Paramount Toronto, Woodbridge Colossus Woodbridge

...already.

4. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Right, YJN...I have that listed in the printed cards. According to the official site, there were 3 other IMAX theaters (Vancouver, Winnipeg, & Halifax) listed that had AOTC that weren't listed on the card you sent me, so I was asking if anyone had any info about those. :)

5. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I don't understand, I've never heard about any of this card stuff, can someone explain to me what's up?

6. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    The cards they are talking about where being handed out to people with the Bantha Tracks #0 at the AOTC IMAX's. They are pretty much just brochure cards and have the same cover as the Bantha Tracks, but it seems that the backs of the cards are different in some places.

7. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    First off, Seb, you are one wild and crazy guy for collecting and cataloguing these; but that?s cool. :cool:

In terms of the CN IMAX Theatre in Vancouver, I worked the first two opening days there handing out ?Bantha Tracks? to patrons, and I didn?t see any promo cards. We were not given any to hand out, nor were any being dispensed by the staff near the box office or the concession. In terms of any promo cards being given out at ?local retail stores,? I was told by the theatre management of the CN IMAX Theatre around opening day that they had done little if any publicity/advertising, except for on the internet. So it is doubtful whether or not they were even printed. :(

I wish you good hunting though (in terms of the other theatres that you are currently tracking down). ;)

8. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    hmmm, thats strange that you did'nt get them. Here in Edmonton the theatre was sent a box of cards with the Bantha Tracks. I cant see why they would'nt send a box your way. Like i said, they are just like brochures. I did'nt really think of them as promo cards until this post.

9. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    ?hmmm, thats strange that you did'nt get them. Here in Edmonton the theatre was sent a box of cards with the Bantha Tracks. I cant see why they would'nt send a box your way.?

Edmonton, along with the six others on Seb?s Printed Card List (Calgary, Langley, Mississauga, Toronto, Woodbridge and Montreal) are all Famous Players theatres. If all these received promo cards, I assume it was because they were sent to them by the Famous Players Head Office in Ontario (click on the link to see that every FP theatre screening AOTC is listed). The CN IMAX Theatre is independent and not part of the FP chain.

During the two days that I worked at the CN IMAX Theatre, I was given access free access to the theatre management?s offices. I was also given access to all the promotional material the they had received from LFL (everything ? life-sized SW cut-outs and the official AOTC poster ? which I helped put up), and I can assure you, there were no promo cards there. ;)

10. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    Ahhh, i see. I did'nt know that they were all Famous Players theatres, sorry on that. Well thats to bad you did'nt get any.

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Fantastic info! Thanks all!

If anyone from Winnepeg or Halifax has anything to add that would be great. I'm getting all sorts of good info from all over North America, so when I get more of these theaters narrowed down, I'll repost in case anyone is interested. I finally spammed this topic into the Collecting forum, so that's where the current summery resides. Thanks again. :)

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Checking out a parallel thread over at the Rebelscum forums and saw that there's a Manitoba IMAX card! It's a tiny scan, but I copied it to my directory and you can see it here.

One more to add to the list. :D One more to obsessively hunt down. :( ;)

13. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    These seem to be a rarity? Good thing I picked up a few when I volunteered :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.