main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

** REQUESTS 2008 **

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by George Mezori SCIFI 3D, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Link to the old REQUESTS THREAD.

Of course it's not 2008 yet so we're starting 2 months early.

2. CountLucifer

CountLucifer Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2007
    Hi, can i request for a CGI scene here?

If i can...i want a Logo please....animated...like universal studios..only in a different style

The text should be "Fiasco Films"

3. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Can anyone make a background of the death star lightsaber duel,I made this and I suck at making it,so I can only imagine what a professional could do?

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/DarthVader28/death-star.jpg]

4. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    There is a model of the Death Star corridor already made:
    http://www.scifi3d.com/details.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=41&key=94

5. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    ^
    Cool,do you have any caps for it?

6. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Screenshots? I don't but it has a thumbnail there. The best thing to do would be to download it and look at it and see if it works for you.

7. adamargabright

adamargabright Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2002
    I've got a lightsaber I built from Master Replicas' lightsaber kit. If I posted or sent someone pictures of the configuration I used, would anyone be willing to model it for me in 3ds Max?

Also, on an unrelated note, does anyone have or know where I can find a mesh of the FA-37 Talon stealth fighter from the movie Stealth?

8. CountLucifer

CountLucifer Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2007
    A problem...
    I need the Imperial Star Destroyer Bridge that is on Scifi3d....for my film..i downloaded it...but it has some maps missing....so its not looking finished....can anyone gimme the link which has all the files?

9. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Make sure that you have all of the maps installed that come with 3ds Max, some of the models don't include those since they would guess that you already have them. And also make sure that it's looking in the right place, I would take all the maps and put them in one folder and then when it asks for the maps just add that folder to the list of places for the program to look.

10. dan-yoda

dan-yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    I?ve been working on a Star Wars fan film for some time called Star Wars Tales (you can find more about it ). I'm looking for someone who could help me very much in making a background for me. I know it doesn't need to be in CGI, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding someone to do this so I'm extending my reach. And CGI is awesome. For the beginning of the film I?m planning on having an impressive montage that takes the viewer through some of the unique aspects of the Star Wars universe, ending with a battle scene. I?m trying to make it look really good not just because I do that for all my scenes but because this is probably the most important part, for it?ll suck the viewers in (or at least attempt to). Why I?m writing is because I need a background for a battle scene. Here?s what I?m looking for- it?s supposed to take place on this one planet shown in the Clone Wars cartoon. You can see some of the architecture here (it kind of starts around 1:40). It?s supposed to be the homeworld of the Banking Clan, so all the architecture was inspired by banks, which are all Grecian in design. I would like the background to be buildings of that type, but completely in ruins. It?s supposed to be battle-ravaged in my film and I?d like to convey that. Almost post-apocalyptic, but not to the extent of the Terminator movies. If you?ve been watching the show Heroes I?m thinking of something like the ravaged Future New York they show now-and-then. I'd like just the ruined buildings, nothing else, and I'd like it to be from the POV of the soldiers (so only 4-5 stories represented). That and I?d like it to be pretty dark. That?s just a basic description; I can give you a better one if you need it.

I can accept payment, but my budget isn't all-that-big. Please PM me before beginning work. Thanks again to all who help.

11. Covert-Sniper

Covert-Sniper Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 21, 2006
    I'm making a star wars fanfilm set in the clone wars, about a team of jedi who have been sent to obtain an ancient jedi holocron from rhen var. The separatists are also after it, and have sent general grievous. The film is shot entirely on greenscreen, which I key myself, but I need an animator to do general grievous and his bodyguards. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to animate general grievous and his bodyguards, I think it would end up around being about a two minute sequence, three at the most. Unfortunately, I can't offer anything of monetary value. At any rate, here is a video of a few shots that include before and after comparisons.

http://files.filefront.com/Sequence+01mov/;9191106

These are the models I was thinking of using.
    http://www.scifi3d.com/details.asp?intGenreID=10&intCatID=13&key=612
    http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/MagnaGuardVM;55831

I'm not sure if the magna guard model has a skeleton to animate from.

Any interest?

12. z3r0x

z3r0x Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2007
    Hello fellow Sci-Fi and Starwars fan. I run a small mod team currently working on a total conversion for the popular PC game "StarWars Empire at War". The conversion is entitled "Republic at War" and obviously takes place during the events of Ep2 through Ep3. We are making a final push to get the mod done and could really use your help. While this is unpaid work our team is composed of some great people that love the saga that is StarWars. While we do not need any models at this time. Help in animating many of the characters and vehicles would be geatly appreciated. Knowledge of the the game is not required nor is ownership of the game to participate. If you would like to see what we have done so far please check out our forums here or some of our videos here. We hope you stop by. We have a great team and a incredible fanbase for the mod. If you would like to have some fun, meet some new people, make some new friends, and be a part of a great team. Send me a message via my forums. Thanks

13. D_Mal

D_Mal Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2007
    Some people have expressed the desire to help with the rotoscoping of the sabers in my film, either in this thread or others. If people are still out there then we'd love the help, but an important additional question is this...do you know how to do Garbage Matting? That's our first step. Please email me at swtheforgotten@gmail.com. I check that email daily and it's the main email for the film.

Important Note: I just want to let you know that I'm not making this up as I go. We have a 13 year veteran of the film industry in the VFX field who is our VFX Supervisor. There are certain steps in post production that we're following to make sure this film looks professional. I've made it a point to let everyone know who's helping us how serious we're taking this and the contacts we've established to make it the best film possible.

Regards,

Douglas Mallette

14. brh4j1

brh4j1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2008
    I would like to have some low poly starwars models for a game. :p

15. bobaandy123

bobaandy123 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    I don't know how active this topic is, bu ti guess i'll just post.

I'm making a series about a sniper set a few decades in the future, ive recently revieved a piece of concept art from my artist that i need modeled. Contact me if you would like to try it, just keep in mind its a rather curvy figure (a future version of a blackhawk helicopter.) My email is andyfilms1@yahoo.com.

16. JediStroker

JediStroker Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2008
    Looking for a Dewback without saddle. I have tried to model this in Max and in Hexagon. I am not the best modeler and what it comes out looking like is Jabba with 4 legs and no head.

17. CRIMSON-JACK

CRIMSON-JACK Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    This is the only one I've ever seen http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=186498 It might be worth contacting this guy.

18. Archamedes

Archamedes Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2007
    I need a xenomorpth alien drone/warrior model for 3d studio max. I notice there are a lot of images on the site but no models at all. I did a search and could only find one on turbosquid which someone is actually illegally charging $130 for, which they shouldn't as they are selling a copyrighted creature. I tried messaging turbosquid but they never replied. I guess if fox found out they would take notice. Anyhow does anyone know where i can download a good one for free (as it should be)

19. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Just because it's illegal doesn't mean that you deserve it for free, most likely if they are warned about it then they will remove it rather than put it up for free.

So, anyway. Your best solution would be this character: http://www.scifi3d.com/details.asp?intGenreID=19&intCatID=44&key=593

You've probably already looked at it, but since there aren't any around, this one could be imported into 3ds Max but you would have to rig it for animation yourself and texture it.

20. Archamedes

Archamedes Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2007
    I know i don't deserve it for free. I have paid for a lot of models that deserve being charged for, but i dont see the point in paying a lot of money for something that by rights should be free anyway, and its even more frustrating when its the only real one online thats for max. I'm sure a lot of the authors on this site could make a killing from selling their star wars models, but they don't because they know its wrong to charge for copyrighted material. I noticed the one on turbosquid was uploaded in 2000 so its been there for a while.

Anyhow, thanks for the link, I did see that one and have now downloaded it. I will have a go at texturing it, I just saw the maya sign and didnt think it would be compatible with max

21. jackdelamare4

jackdelamare4 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2007
    I take it since my post was deleted I should post here?

I don't have what it says saved :( but I'll try to make up for it:

What I need is someone to animate the six dinosaurs from the Bruno pack in my movie. The job is the main animator and needs to be expeienced working with Max and a good animation artist. The filming is still going on but ends soon and we need the main artist. We have someone doing the other dinosaurs and working with other effects. So, is there anybody who could do this? No need to buy the six pack of dinosaurs, I have them and will send them to the animator as either an OBJ or .Max file.
    Someone with dinosaur animation experience is a lot better, please link to some work if any too.

I don't mean to sound pushy, we just need someone.

Thanks a lot.

22. Dader

Dader Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2006
    Hi,

Im working on a fanfilm named star wars legacy 4. It's the movie version of the comic. Now have already done some environment in 3D. I also got actors, a place to shoot the green screen scenes and all the costumes.

The only thing I need now are some 3D models. I'm looking for the following models:
    - Nu-class Imperial Shuttle.
    - Darth Maleval.
    - A medical droid as seen in the comic book.

I hope someone can help me with these models

Dader

23. bhertowens

bhertowens Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2008
    Hello, I am new around here, I also use XSI. I only know the basics but I am going to start working on the Belbullab-22 (general greivous ship). I'd like to make a request for somone that is acually good with 3d to make this, I would love to use this. I doubt my modeling skills will be good enough to make a nice rendering of the Belbullab, but it is in my opion, the coolest ship in Star Wars.

hers a link to a photo.

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/features/ships06/Belbullab-22-before.jpg

Thanks

24. Ajjawz

Ajjawz Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2008
    Does anyone have a good lightning.mot or .avi for LSmaker, because the original lightning stinks.

25. nepmarauder

nepmarauder Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2007
    Hello,

Does anyone have any Max Rebo Band or Cantina Band character models? I seem to remember seeing some online about a year ago, but I can't seem to find any now.

Also, if there are any skilled modelers out there who would like to undertake a small project, let me know. I completed a model of Max Rebo, but I need someone with some more skills to spruce it up a little. Here is a picture of my work.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/nepmarauder/MaxRebo11Camera.jpg
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/nepmarauder/MaxRebo11Front.jpg
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/nepmarauder/MaxRebo11Left.jpg

As you can tell, the model still needs UV Mapping/Texturing, and some finer detail to the snout, the fingers, the toes, and the eyelids. Also, the objects need to be "stitched" together into one object. My e-mail is nepmarauder@yahoo.com. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in helping out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.