REQUESTS

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by George Mezori SCIFI 3D, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Just a quick request, I hope. I've just got myself the 3D Toolkit from dvgarage, and I'm gonna start learning it, since I have no 3D background at all.

However, a friend of mine is trying to complete some work on a short film, and to finish it he needs a 3D model of DNA for compositing into the film.

I wonder if anyone has a 3D model of DNA for Electric Image that comes as part of the 3D toolkit? I'd greatly appreciate your help, and your name would be added to the credits. This film will be shown in some festivals next year.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phill
  2. Shadows_545 Jedi Knight

star 2
    does anyone around here know how to recreate lava in 3d studio max? or if not in 3d atleast just for text? I've tried numerous tutorials (yes i use google so dont give me that), but none of them work very well.... Anyone?

shadowtxs is my aim
    cox_05@hotmail.com is my email
    or just pm me

Thanks for any help.

Shadow...
  3. Master_Qel_Droma Jedi Knight

star 1
    does anyone around here know how to recreate lava in 3d studio max?

have you tried Alan Mckay's site http://www.3dluvr.com/machette/ theres a good lava material for download there?
  4. Lord--Darth--Vader Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey, PIXELPictures is looking for someone who would like to model NESPIS VIII for us. it is a big challenge and would look amazing when its on the big screen when we hold our charity event. So if anyone is interested then send me a PM or reply here. Thank you very much!

Jonathan
  5. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Evening, all...

Windu Productions is desperately seeking someone who can do a nice exterior shot (preferably animated for about seven seconds) of the Jedi Temple like the one that's already in existence on the site...I've had no luck contacting the author of that image, and we really, really need to get hold of such a "shot" for our fanfilm "Home".

Anyone who can do this will of course receive a special credit in the movie, not to mention boundless thanks and much virtual Coke, alcohol, or other beverages of choice...please get in touch if you can help us out in pretty short order, preferably by PM'ing me, or e-mail to thinblackline@hotmail.com. Alternatively, get in contact with Shadow_Of_Evil, who's otherwise madly trying to put together the CG on this thing...

Much thanks in advance,
    Saintheart
  6. PapaFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have been scouring the web for any floor-plans of Xavier's School for the Gifted including the X-Men headquarters below.

I saw this once immediately following the release of the first movie and bookmarked it, however that bookmark was long forgotten.

Also there was a diagram of cerebro.

Has anyone seen this info.
  7. The-Matt-Man Jedi Master

star 4
    There used to be a game on the official site that gave a complete layout in a RPG type game. I believe there's also a layout in the official x-men the movie PC game as well as the Wolverine game recently released.

-Matt
  8. PapaFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have been looking for things on the official movie sites and Marvels site for hours... no luck...

Wish I had those games, but unfortunately this is for a school project (doing a shockwave3d project for director class) and the funds are quite limited... any other thoughts come to mind?
  9. Jedi_Spiff Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi there,

This is a request for (free) help - a chance to demonstrate/hone your skills, and get credits in our fanfilm.

My cohorts and I are looking for someone to do the following cliché, dull, and thoroughly boring photo-realistic CG shots:

- A ship taking off from near a building on a planet - footage is already shot, but can easily be re-shot in order to provide light referencing if needed.

- The same ship leaving the same planet, through upper atmosphere and into hyperspace. If one was so ambitious, this shot could be done continuously with the last one. Requests for footage can be filmed, provided it's nothing overly fancy.

- The same ship exiting hyperspace and approaching a different planet, descending into the upper atmosphere. It would be nice for the ship to have atmospheric heating effects as it nears the planet. Again, this could be continuous with the last one - except that about 1/2 day worth of travel would occur here - hence some kind of accelerated time effect (in hyperspace??? He's mad).

- The ship flying as seen from the ground looking up - the ship would be at very high altitude, almost a silhouette, but probably supersonic. Odds are you could do motion blur, some kind of refractive shock wave effect, smoke/fire trail as it's still descending... whatever you want - but the footage exists and cannot be changed - This flyby would be on the order of 1 to 3 seconds.

- The ship's shadow passing over some ground, this shot may be different... I'll know by tomorrow when I re-peruse all the 60 GB of stock footage on my hard drive.

- The ship from the ground passing between some buildings very earthy buildings as one might find in say... Toronto. Possibly against the sky - it's up to the artist, but the footage exists and cannot be reshot.

- The ship shot from the ground, coming over the horizon and traveling very quickly towards the camera, then off the top of the screen. Again, the footage exists.

- Ship leaving planet to hyperspace, ship arriving at the original planet.

The ship has the following requirements: It must be large enough for three living Spartan, military lives. It would be designed with combat use in mind, though it will not see any in this film. As a bonus, it would be nice if it had what would appear as a torpedo tube. Note that we are not expecting someone to do a great deal of modeling for this, but it's an option we won't discount. An original ship would be better than one existing in the SW universe.

We expect the planets to bear a startling resemblance to Earth. Amazingly, most of the film takes place in bright, sunny, outdoor environments as you would find in your local neighborhood. Good representation of seasons on the surface of the planet would be a plus.

The lighting for all shots will only have to mimic sunlight. I imagine however that getting the shadows of the object to match the environment may be a little harder.

Notes on the film: The film is entitled "The Planet With No Name" (unless somebody gives us a better one). While we have a weak title we account for with a weak plot. CG artists - this is your chance to have people say "The movie sucked, but the CG was amazing!" Let's face it, this movie is an excuse to make 4 stylized Star Wars duels, and with a lot of "we'll fix it in post-production", crazy editing, and a whole whack of stuff I've "never seen in a Star Wars movie", and a little bit of luck, it will be worth downloading in October.

Below is a link to our webpage:
    Our web page
    And out host site:
    Writer's Block Media
    Disclaimer - anything you read on this website is very likely outdated. Pictures you see on the website are most likely out of context. Criticize if you want, but that is not the point of this post.

Please e-mail me if you are interested. In all shots being done you'll have full creative control (though I get full editing control ) and I am willing to
  10. Ezechiel Jedi Padawan

Hi there,

my request is a model... I've been looking for a good mesh of the "Raven's Claw" from Jedi Knight 2 for quite some time now. At the moment I use the original, JK2 one converted. But it's very lowpoly and the textures lowres...

If there's a "real" model of it out there, I'd be happy if you told me where to get it :D

Thanks
    Ezechiel
  11. ScaPaCamem Jedi Master

star 4
    i need a couple of shots one of coruscant the big citry part and one of the planet, A smal town kind of like mos espa, a forest planet wil be used for a fly by supposed to be in a perspective of the air and a futuristic castle o yea and the Jedi temple outisde and its docking bay
  12. ScaPaCamem Jedi Master

star 4
    well since nobody responded to my last one i need a twoerson spacecraft. pm if interested
  13. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    I need something horribly simple. PixelMagic's clip of a republic cruiser over Coruscant. I need JUST Coruscant as a still image. No ships, no animation. Pixel's Coruscant had great texture, I really want to see the circles on the surface of the planet. Night shot preferably, but day will do.

I am NOT doing a fan film. This is for the Colorado Springs forum which hasn't been updated since the fall of 2002. I'll put you as the alt= text in the code if you help out.

Thanks!
  14. Landfarer Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was hoping that someone could perhaps create for me a textured model of a marauder corvette for 3ds Max? The more detailed, the better.

Thanks.
  15. The-Matt-Man Jedi Master

star 4
    Woah, wait. Since when has the old one become active again?

-Matt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.