main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

** REQUESTS **

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by George Mezori SCIFI 3D, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Link to old REQUETS thread b/c the sticky expired:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Scifi_3D_Forum/b10013/14471611/?65

2. Macro_Roshuma

Macro_Roshuma Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Hey hartfilm! your first one done yet? I started filming on mine.

3. Hart-Film

Hart-Film Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2004
    Yea i finished my first one:
    http://www.hartfilm.net/Films.htm

4. ezbsvs

ezbsvs Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    hey i am fairly new to 3ds max 6 but have a good grasp of 3d modeling from a previous modeling software. anyways i was wondering if their is anyone out there who can help me finally understand the material editor and the particle systems. i have a small grasp on the material thing but have actually no clue what to do with the particle systems and cant find any good tutorials. im speciffically intrested in flames and explosions but if i can get to that by learning something else im cool. just PM me if you can help me on either of these problems

5. ezbsvs

ezbsvs Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    since nobody has responded to my plea for help i will try different tactics

is their anyone willing to send me the 3ds max6 tutorial files?
    mine got deleted in a freak accident involving my younger sister and i am in desprate need of them to improve my skills.
    thanks to anyone who can provide

i

6. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    ezbsvs posted on 6/13/05 1:22pm
    since nobody has responded to my plea for help i will try different tactics

is their anyone willing to send me the 3ds max6 tutorial files?
    mine got deleted in a freak accident involving my younger sister and i am in desprate need of them to improve my skills.
    thanks to anyone who can provide
    [hr][/blockquote]
    You could just re-install them from the disc, or do the unthinkable and read the manual. That's what it's there for, you know. Or are you somehow missing those, too?

7. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    All I really need is a link to a lightwav, 3ds, or blender formatye of the Back to the Future Part 2 DeLorean.

8. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    outrider462004 posted on 6/13/05 8:12pm
    All I really need is a link to a lightwav, 3ds, or blender formatye of the Back to the Future Part 2 DeLorean.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    If you want a free one, they don't exist. Not in any decent quality, anyway. Renderosity has one for sale that's quite nice, in LWO format.

9. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Oh joy. Thanks for the heads up.

10. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Anyone interested or know of anyone that has made an Ep3 Starfighter cockpit w/ MAX?

Please PM me regarding any info.
    It's for my fanfilm The Jedi Saga 2!
    Thanks
    ~Rory [face_praying]

11. Spidiemonkey

Spidiemonkey Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    I am looking for a Trade Federation droid and storm//clone troopers in blender format is there is any. Thanks. PM me or post here....

12. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Don't forget to check TURBOSQUID for models to buy too. Probably a dozen DeLoreans there.

All you guys looking for BLENDER crap... there are Blender sites out there. Not only can they help you... but they often collect conversions of SF3D models. There's one link in the LINKS page on SF3D. Otherwise... Google it.

13. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Hi all,

If anyone is interested in doing some landscapes or digital backgrounds for a fan film, I am searching for people to help me with Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant, and a few other small things.

More info on the project can be found at the thread I started in the fan films boards, which is located here.

Any help is much appreciated!

14. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone know of any lightwave plugins that let youyou convert 3ds-max meshes to lightwave? w/o having max?

15. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    theN00_Jedi posted on 6/25/05 12:46pm
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone know of any lightwave plugins that let youyou convert 3ds-max meshes to lightwave? w/o having max?
    [hr][/blockquote]
    It doesn't exist. 3D Studio MAX is [i][b]REQUIRED[/b][/i] to read MAX files. NOTHING ELSE CAN READ THEM. PERIOD.

16. PlatypusProductions

PlatypusProductions Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    I need a smal clip (bout 4 seconds long) of a basic transport flying through space. It doesn't have to be extremely fancy, or anything like that, but please make it look atleast a little bit realistic

17. theN00_Jedi

May 26, 2005

18. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    theN00_Jedi posted on 6/25/05 4:43pm
    so why would anybody bother to convert anything if they have both programs
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Gee, I dunno.. maybe for the people that DON'T have both programs. I have a friend of mine right across the street who uses MAX, he does the exports for me, sends me the OBJs for retexturing and import into LightWave. Just as I do when he wants to bring a LW model into MAX.

19. theN00_Jedi

May 26, 2005

20. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    theN00_Jedi posted on 6/25/05 5:34pm
    are you sure there's no plugin that can do the import w/o having max do the export?
    I mean if there's a plugin to export [i]from[/i] max, why not one to import from LW?
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Because, as I said before.. ONLY MAX CAN READ MAX. The file MUST be opened in MAX first, PERIOD. Yes, I'm sure there's no plugin, because if there were, I'd be using it, as would everybody else. But nobody is! NOBODY. Because it DOESN'T EXIST.

Trust me, there is NO "quick and easy" conversion method for MAX models. If you want to convert something, you'll HAVE to do it the long way, just like everybody else. Or just wait until someone converts something.

What model is it you're so desperate to get into LW, anyway?

21. theN00_Jedi

May 26, 2005

22. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    It makes sense, I'm just telling you there's no "quick and easy" solution. Conversion to and from MAX is always a pain. That's the main reason MAX isn't really used in Hollywood that much. In a full VFX pipeline, everything has to work together smoothly. MAX doesn't work with much of anything at all. You can blame Discreet/Autodesk for that, for making the MAX format proprietary so it can't be read by anything else.

23. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    As much as I agree with you on your previous points, is it noteworthy that Max is used for certain aspects of many large scale productions. I imagine one reason for this is due to the integration between Max and other Discreet applications like Combustion.

Just wanted to point that out.

24. Redshirt

Redshirt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    hi, is there a way to 'unsmooth' the 3ds or max character models and export them as box models? using those unrealistically high polygon models can't be used in other programes very easily (i use lightwave). I don't need them converted, just saved as the box model before you add the 'smoothing'. I know in lightwave you can subpatch the box model as you wish, this greatly improves character animation. I'm unfamiliar with 3dstudio. can i do this in gmax? either that, if someone would be so kind as to unsmooth them for, it would grealy help me get the next 'Empire' film out.

thanks again

red

25. section33

section33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    hey im doin a fan film at the mo... and need a shot or mesh of a republic assault cruiser from episode 3...

if u think u can hel pm me or reply obviously#

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.