main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

** REQUESTS **

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by George Mezori SCIFI 3D, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarmonky55

guitarmonky55 Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Hey all hopefully someone or a few someones can help me out here.

im currently heading a group of loudmouthed teenagers working on a comedic interpretation of star wars. its called star wars episode 4 with mexicans. let me give a little background and explain what i need.

first of all, we arent just screwing around mindlessly, we're doing this right. the movie is about 30 minutes long, and we have spent exhaustive hours creating props, scripting, choreographing etc. we are filming in a professional broadcast studio at a local university. this studio is used to broadcast our local public television station(for the Houston area) and we have free reign of it by inside sources. so we're talking very high quality video here, in a professional green screen room and such.

the only hitch is that while I and several others have basic 3d capabilities, we arent that great at it, and we want a few people with more expertise to give us a better product, because we're already going great lengths to do this project. what I need is one or more people(the more the merrier) that would be willing to do our CG. at the point we finish filming we can send you all of the footage for you to work on. Id also like to point out that this is a 0 labor budget film...everyone is participating for free so there wont be a paycheck involved.

the areas we are going to need graphics in are:
    -3d space scenes with various ships, and a large fast food themed battle station
    -lightsabers & blasters(although I can do these in after effects if necessary)
    -scenery(think background plates)
    -some very limited 3d acting. at this point its a short scene with yoda, and possibly one with a spinoff of a jabba character that would be pretty easy.

if anyone is interested i would greatly appreciate it. we're hoping to turn out a good product with this, and would like all the help we can get. I can be contacted by email at guitarmonkey55@gmail.com

2. bgii_2000

bgii_2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    I'm looking for an F/A-18x model (the specific version doesn't matter as long as it has a tailhook), preferably .blend, but .dfx or .obj will probably work. I've scoured google to no avail. Everyone out there seems to want exorbant royalties. My modeling skills are pretty terrible, so I'd rather not attempt it myself. Any ideas?

3. Zappa_0

Zappa_0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Im looking for someone to make me a Mustafar Collector arm in blender or 3ds max, so I can use in my ep3 fan film.

4. ueawjones

ueawjones Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2006
    Greetings to all,

We are a group of star wars fans who are making a mod for Star Wars: Empire at War. We already have three programmers, two skinners and a good amount of beta testers. We are looking for any modellers and skinners who could spend some time (as little as you want, and you'll get credit) making a few models and skins of ships that we have in our plans for the next mod release (we are releasing a new version in the next day or so for the full game, since our mod was originally based on the demo, so by next release, i mean the next release after this one). I've seen the Models of Star Wars ships in here and I don't plan on looking anywhere else after seeing how good that work looked.

If you are interested in helping out, (we are all volunteers so you can work at your own pace and there's no time requirements), our mod has had over 7000 downloads so far, and that's just for our modification to the demo, with a site of over 700 members and we expect that number to greatly increase after our next anticipated release for the full game.

Please contact me at my hotmail addresss on msn (jka41) to ask questions or just talk about star wars, or visit the site at www.ultimate-eaw.com.

thank you

5. Daniel_L

Daniel_L Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005

Liar.

The point is that they are .mdl and full .jpg textures so you can import them into g-max and then export as something max can open

6. jedi20111

jedi20111 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Hey everyone. Does anyone know how to make lasers or explosions using blender?

7. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    Hey guys I need help with some animatic(sp?) storyboards. If your interested in helping send me a pm.

8. shieldwolf

shieldwolf Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Hey guys,
    Spearshield productions is finishing up a project and we're looking for some 3d modelers for a 24phd scifi short. Specifically, we need some small spaceships that are star wars esque and are done in Maya. These ships will landing and taking off from a landing pad. The ships should range in size from a tie fighter to an imperial shuttle. This doesn't mean we want those models, but I'm using that as a size a reference to size. They also don't need to be millitary, but they should have that worn in star wars look. If you're interested in helping us out please let us know. We would like to grant the artists as much creative freedom as possible we know once come on board you will not be dissapointed with our work and what is going to be an amazing little project.

Spearshield@gmail.com

9. Cuban_Menace

Cuban_Menace Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    Hello I have never really posted here before but thought this would be the place to ask for help. I am doing some 3D scenes for a SW fanfilm in progress, we want to use the jedi starfighter that Anakin and Obi-one fly in the opening of EP3. I downloaded the model from here but it renders all gray (materials not applied) I have for the life of me tried and tried to apply all the materials correctly but it seems to be out of range of my current abilities with 3ds max.

If anyone can apply the materials and send me a scene it would be greatly appreciated, of course your name will added to the credits.

if anyone can help us out please PM me.

CM

10. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    Hello all!

I am the producer of the FanFilm Padawan Twilight.
    You can read about our project on our website, www.realmotion.nu.

We could really use some help with the following:
    - Animation of a TIE-Pilot flying a TIE-figher.
    - Modelling of a Space Ship, already designed.
    - Modelling of buildings for a small space-port
    - Animation of some creatures and humanoids

Please contact me by PM or e-mail (matsbjorving@hotmail.com) if you are interested in helping us with one (or all ;)) of the above, or if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

11. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    Dang. I forgot to say that we work in 3DS Max. So it would be preferable that you work in Max or a compatible program.

12. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    URGENT!!!

I am prepairing to film a short film, about little devilish Gremlins.
    I need them to be CG.
    This is going to be a fun project.
    I realy NEED help, and soon.
    Please contact me if you are even remotely interested!

Thank you

13. Mattman100

Mattman100 Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2006
    Would anybody be interested in modeling a 3d zombie? like one from resident evil. If you could it has to be a male, in clothes and in 3ds format.

It would really help if someone will do this favor.

My email is director958@hotmail.com

So email me if you want to respond.

14. Darthness

Darthness Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Just how soon do you need that done swimmerman?

15. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    Has anyone actually got any joy from this thread?

16. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    none whatsoever

17. darthtrakus

darthtrakus Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2006
    PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP ME!! Can anyone tell me how or where to look or something on how to make a flyby sequence in 3ds max7 or any version? I really need to know of a tutorial or maybe someone could share their knowledge with me. PLEASE!!! AHHHHH!

:_| [face_worried]

18. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    You're not going to get anywhere asking like that.

19. alienyouthct

alienyouthct Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone would be interested in modifying a Poser figure to create a Nautolan variant that my friend has drawn?
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/alienyouthct/skotter/Nautolan-Jedi.jpg]
    I'd pose her before hand and do the morphing for the body to bring her down to the size I want. I can spit it out in Lightwave or Max forms for someone, and the tentacles and fins and such don't need to be boned or anything. It's static for an image. I'd be willing to do texturing too, as long as things are lined up right so I can still use the Poser textures for most of her body (I can elaborate to anyone interested).

Any takers? I could offer up my concept artist in return, whose work is seen it a thread in the Fan Art form, if anyone would be interested in that...

20. alienyouthct

May 12, 2002
    Are we allowed to offer money? o_O

21. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    I suppose...but I personaly wouldn't trust the invisible ineternet folk...

22. alienyouthct

May 12, 2002
    Well, I pay for commission static art a lot. This wouldn't be too terribly different, at least for me.

23. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    Go ahead then, so long as you want to...how much were you thinking of paying?

24. alienyouthct

May 12, 2002
    That's a bit of a hard question to answer. It depends on the skill of the person who agrees to do it, what kind of references they have for past work (I'll gamble more money on a proven winner than someone who is fairly certain they can do it but has never tried before), and whether they're willing to do just the alteration from the base Poser figure to the Nautolan, the transformation and texturing, or both of those plus her attire.

25. Gravar

Gravar Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2006
    Hey, I'm looking for some artists to help out on my film, which I'm planning on being entirely animated, so I'll need a lot of help. I'll need artists to do character animations, sets, ships, etc. There are three films, which I have in mind. One is a Star Wars film, one is a James Bond fan film, and the other is an entirely original film. The Bond film is only going to run around 10-15 minutes in length, and the script is already completed. I have semi-complted the Star Wars one, as well as the original one.

Here is some info on each film.

Star Wars - What if everyone assumed that Anakin was the chosen one, but he in fact wasn't? This film will explore the life of the real chosen one. The one that lived after Anakin and during the life of Luke Skywalker. This is the story of a boy's life, that goes from normal to chaotic within a matter of days. Luke is alerted to the presence of an ancient Sith who is believed to be alive on the planet of Mon Calamari, after fighting in the Battle of Ruusan thousands of years before. When Luke goes to investigate, it sets off a chain of events that destroys the galaxy, but with one chance left, the real chosen one, a boy on the planet of Naboo, must save not only the galaxy, but the force as well.

James Bond Film - Parody of the first Bond film Doctor No. This film is just a short parody, overview of the movie.

The original film story is also about spies, only serious. It takes place during the 80s and involves the life of one of the US government agents at the time.

I know that this is a big request, so if anyone is interested in helping out on a specific film or interested on helping out on any of the films please PM me.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.