main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Requiem for a Jedi. Completed.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Feb 1, 2012.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Ok, then end was good. I forgot that Satine had been at the funeral...so yes, she is understandably quite upset that she also had been fooled....but wow..and kiss then a slap...looks like she couldn't make up her mind...:)

Anakin...slowly coming around...but Palps manipulations...too bad he's so hungry for praise he can't see through them...

but I like the way you ended it...Anakin and Obi-Wan slowly making their way back to friendship and a team again...

Now, get Obi's face back!!! :p

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I love the way you write Anakin's interactions with Palpatine, especially how he played the emotions of the characters toward the Jedi. You really have a knack for writing the pre-RotS Palpatine personality, with all the creepiness and manipulation. I like Anakin and Obi-Wan's final interactions, and even Satine's vicious anger. This story had a good way of explaining all the different characters' various passions, and it has been a very enjoyable character study. Now I want to know what you plan on writing next. Wonderful, emotional story.

3. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Epilogue 2: That was a great way to round out the series! I love the quote at the beginning and I love Anakin again - his thoughts and his voice seem so spot on. All the confusion about which face he wants to punch and forgive or not forgive - oh Anakin - was amusing even if it did earn an eye roll from me on Obi's behalf. I can certainly understand Anakin being upset but the part of me that loves Obi unconditionally is still there as well and really wants to give them all a piece of my mind! Poor guy. Ah well, I can fantasize an AU where cuddles are to come :p. Ahsoka coming to Obi on Anakin's behalf was cute and earnest :)

Hm, so what conclusion have we come to? Obi's actions saved a life, so important, but with many sacrifices to boot...of which he also carries the pain and burden. He accepts it but he doesn't seem to have let it go yet. Will he soon? Has he learned more than just regret? Where does this take him? Does it leave him weaker in regret or stronger in resolve, I wonder. Maybe a week in hand, with and without help, will throw things into clearer relief :D

I love the way you've fully gotten into their thoughts, and taken on the complexity of what went down. Such a joy to fully feel Obi in this storyline when we didn't even get to see his face before so great great job! I really enjoyed and congrats on wrapping up this series! Fantastic writing :D

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Loved the ending--Satine confronting Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka standing up for Anakin..."Please don't hurt him again." Seems there is a tenuous forgiveness there although trust has been permanently shattered.

5. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Such a great ending. I'm so glad they're on their way to making things right. If only things could have continued that way.

6. JSolo-Wan

JSolo-Wan Jedi Knight

Dec 24, 2012
    Great writing...
    But you know what stinks? That we all know how this relationship ends in episode 3. Nice reconciliation, but the fact that we know where we're headed makes it quite painful, I think.