main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Requiem for a Padawan: A Jedi Apprentice Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Oct 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nanai Akira

Nanai Akira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 1999
    Qui-Gon Jinn you better turn around and talk to your Padawan! And I mean now! Don't make me come in there....!

2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, thanks for the great addition. Please promise me you will eventually complete your story. -I can't stand the idea of you no longer posting and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan never having worked it out!

Write more soon and thanks again!

3. almost...there!

almost...there! Jedi Master

Jul 5, 1999
    My tummy hurts...all in knots.

4. Rhui Chatar

Rhui Chatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 1999
    Snapped !! Oooh that can't be good or could it!

5. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    So, don't keep us in suspense. What happens when an undernourished, severely depressed Jedi snaps? Your fans await you!!!

6. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I'm not good at this begging thing, but I'm doing it anyway. We looooove you, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi... Now finish!

7. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Yes!!! Please we need more! I feel like Obi-Wan does in this story!!! What Happened?????? What is it about that Mansion????

8. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Has someone alerted LW Kenobi that there's another Sith Author?

Excellent job! You write very clearly and this is a very intriguing plot.. and your descriptions are beautiful and fitting.

Now keep writing!

9. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    Perhaps more this weekend, Jedi Obi-Wan??? Do not torture us too much!!

10. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Continue please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    _Requiem for a Padawan_ is the most incredible fanfic I have ever read (not that I have read alot ).
    Keep writing.

11. Rhui Chatar

Rhui Chatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 1999
    Right! All those in favor of getting Obi-Wan unsnapped raise your hand.

(oof, that didn't come out right)

I mean we need some more story here.... really bad....

RC

12. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    OH MY HECK!!!
    I'm sitting here crying my eyes out over this... how could Qui-Gon be so hard towards Obi-Wan!?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I love Qui-Gon more then anything, but that was just plain mean.... But I'm thiking that perhaps there is more to Qui-Gon's new padawan then what has been said so far... am I right?

13. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Yet another fanfic to add to my list of addictions! Why do I always pick the fanfics where the writers take a long time between posts? *sigh* Keep up the story; it has great promise!!!!

14. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    Perhaps I?ve been reading LW?s ?The Darkside of Truth? for too long and am staring to figure out other people?s stories also?. But here is my theory??.

And I Quote:

?Suddenly it hit him. The last time he had been here. Yes, that had to be it. Mikel shook his head. That was in the past. Immutable, frozen. Over. His actions then would not have to be repeated.?

?Even if I hadn?t been there, Obi-Wan, it couldn?t have been anyone else. You and I were the only two Jedi on Azure at the time,?

I?m thinking that it wasn?t Obi-Wan at all?.apparently Mikel was on Azure at the same time? and yes, Qui-Gon saw someone get mowed down by a Jedi? but how can he be so sure that it was Obi-Wan. I know it hasn?t been said yet? or perhaps it has, but did Qui-Gon actually ?SEE' the face of the killer?
    And if its not Mikel then why is the boy being so quite and with drawn?.???

And I love how you have made it so that Qui-Gon never actually calls Mikel his padawan?.. is that on purpose?

[This message has been edited by Master Peael (edited 10-24-1999).]

15. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Master Paeal(sp?)- "Oh my heck!" You wouldn't happen to live in Provo, would you?

16. Kirla'an Kenobi

Kirla'an Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 1999
    I agree with Master Peael. I am highly annoyed (under statement of the year) at Mikel (sp?) for not twelling what he did. I firmly believe that he killed that person. Why couldn't Qui sense that in him?

HOW COULD QUI DO THAT TO OBI?!?

17. Nanai Akira

Jul 30, 1999
    <sobbing and beating head on desk in utter despair> Please, please Jedi Obi-Wan you must continue this story soon! I cannot take much more suspense!!

Poor, poor Obi-Wan!!!!

18. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    *Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi yells at her computer*

"How could the network go down the ENTIRE weekend?! I haven't had internet access since Friday afternoon! How am I supposed to post if I can't get online?! Do I pay for the stupid computer staff to go on vacation like they did this weekend?! What's the point of college if I can't use the Ethernet network?!!"

*JOWK screams in frustration and goes to dinner where she finds out that the network has finally been fixed, only more than 48 hours after it went down*

I'm sorry to keep you waiting I finished Chapter 11 on Friday (at a reasonable time for once ), but I haven't been able to post it until just now.

Here you go

19. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Chapter Eleven

Run!

Run run run!!

Run run run run run run run!!!

Run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run run SMACK!!!!!

Obi-Wan Kenobi ran head first into a tree.

His face slammed directly into the bark, the organic substance gouging into his skin and ripping into his forehead as his momentum carried him forward. An instant later, he flew backwards as he recoiled from the palm, falling onto his back, his body hitting the ground with a thud. His backpack knocked into the ground and sliced at his skin through his robe. Obi-Wan lay on the ground for several seconds, his body twitching at irregular intervals; his blank eyes stared at nothing while blood ran down his forehead onto his face. He began to cough, and then to choke. Violently, Obi-Wan dragged himself to his knees and placed his hands on the ground, his palms pressing into the sandy soil. He vomited. It was disgusting, revolting. Obi-Wan didn?t have much to throw up. He hadn?t eaten in two days, and the only thing he had had to drink recently was milk. Obi-Wan quickly pulled himself away and unsteadily stood up. Weaving on his feet, he coughed again, the blood that trailed down his cheeks sticking to his lips. He began to run again, recklessly threading through the trees. Obi-Wan managed to stumble another 10 meters before he tripped over a large jagged rock and fell flat on his face.

Ow.

Obi-Wan?s body pressed into the ground, the grains of sand mixing into the wound on his forehead, stinging him with each movement, no matter how slight. Breathing heavily, he turned his face to the side and spat sand out of his mouth. Ow. Ow... He awoke. Obi-Wan became aware of himself again. His nerves responded to the stimuli presented before them, arousing his conscious mind. As he lay on the ground, Obi-Wan noticed his heart pounding, felt his chest rise and fall. He moaned as his eyes cleared, the glassy surface that had covered them receding into his pupils. Ouch. Pain. It hurts... Wha...pain? Feel pain? ...yes. Ow. Feel. Feeling...thinking? Think? Yes... Again. Obi-Wan rolled onto his back and stared up at the sky. The bright stars above him glittered on the onyx background of space, shining down on him and subtly illuminating the dark sky. Passively, he contemplated the distance between himself and the stars. So far away...like I was far away. Somewhere else. Distant...where was I? Obi-Wan sat up and glanced back at the palm tree that he had run into. He smiled shakily. Nice tree. Good tree. Woke me up. Thank you. Obi-Wan looked around in confusion. Where was here? Where...where am I? He wasn?t in the Presidential Palace?s palm tree forest. Obi-Wan searched the area around him with his eyes. Oh. Here. Interesting. He was on the side of the road that led into the capital, far away from the Palace, near downtown Aoi. Yes. That made sense. What? Wait a minute. No, it didn?t. How did he get here? Running? But it was so far... How long had he been running? I don?t remember anything, he thought. Ow. Obi-Wan winced, the cut on his forehead biting into his skin. He wrapped his right hand in his robe and pressed it against his head, wiping out the gash by touch. He moaned. Ow....hurts, bleeding. It?s dirty...how bad is it? Don?t know. Can?t tell. Obi-Wan couldn?t see that the bleeding from the cut had slowed, almost stopping completely, the platelets in his blood clotting together even with the s

20. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    Ummmmmmm ... Okay! I'm loving this story still.... but I'm wondering how Qui-Gon is dealing with all this? It can't be easy for him to deal with all of this and seeing Obi-Wan in such a state...
    Yes I know that Jedi don't have time for personal pain... but it must have affected him in some way...
    Is there any chance that you'll write along the Qui-Gon line for a while and let us know how he is doing?
    Keep going don't give up we all are hanging on your every word.

21. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Gaaaah! It did this to the Hojo thread too! Well, there goes our full page of begging.

Hm. Guess that means we're just gonna have to start over, eh? Pooooooooooooooost!!

22. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    I can't believe we lost all our begging!

That's horrible!

You need to post!

I sound like Ric Olie!

23. Jedi Nanai

Jedi Nanai Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    I was here when the server crashed, and at that time it looked like the whole thread was lost... I am glad that at least part of it survived. (I however did not fare so well...)

~ The Jedi formerly known as "Nanai Akira"

24. Mickuelle

Mickuelle Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1999
    And we almost had one whole page of begging :-(

Undaunted by the vain attempts of dishonest servers to disrupt our pleas, the fans gather 'round, and beg Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi to finish her wonderful tale.

Post, post, post, post, post, post, post, post, post, post, POST!

:)

25. Mickuelle

Mickuelle Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1999
    Sorry about the double post, the server went a bit whacky when I tried to post, and then I couldn't find it. :-(
    Sorry....

:)

[This message has been edited by Mickuelle (edited 10-29-1999).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.