main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Requiem for a Padawan: A Jedi Apprentice Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Oct 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    <Hiroko pulls a blanket around Jedi Nanai, the latest casualty in the serverdom upheavals.> Why's that keep happening? Rrr.

Look at it this way, guys- we could have lost actual story instead.

Check out this link. At least with the Hojo thread (we got cut in half too), if you type in the URL for the third page you can still get it- it just doesn't show up here and you can't post on it.

Forum9/HTML/001120-3.htmlwww.theforce.net/forum/Forum9/HTML/001120-3.html

2. Jedi Nanai

Jedi Nanai Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    Yeah, I felt bad, (Thanks for the blanket, Hiroko), but to make myself feel better, I made myself a Jedi Knight!

Not, bad, huh? If I die in the next crash, I'll come back as "Master Nanai"!

Now we know why Obi-Wan became Ben Kenobi - he lost the name "Obi-Wan" in a server crash!

3. space case

space case Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 1999
    Poodoo we really lost all our begging.
    Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi probably was ignoring it for studies anyway. It would have been for nothing. School gets in the way of Star Wars.

4. Mickuelle

Mickuelle Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1999
    LOL, soon 2 be Master Nanai!

:)

5. Kilih-Sie Kanobi

Kilih-Sie Kanobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 1999
    Come on people, start begging.

6. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Back to top.
    How did we lose all our begging?

7. Kaea Lioren

Kaea Lioren Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 1999
    More begging....

Jedi Nanai, have you noticed that you are in fact a Sith Apprentice? Ha ha, admins, very funny, now let's get some balance to the Force restored here, huh?

Come on...it's SATURDAY, for pete's sake...it's time to start writing!!!!! More story puhlllleeeeeeeeeeze!!!!

8. Mickuelle

Mickuelle Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1999
    Hi Trika!

Things are getting a bit too creepy around here for me too! Maul definitely doesn't compare to Obi-Wan! Talking about Obi-Wan... Jedi or Sith, everyone wants to know what happens to our hero/mortal enemy. So GET WRITING, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi!

icons/maul.gif

9. Darth Obi-Wan Kenobi

Darth Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 1999
    *evil laughter*

So....you want more story, do you? Huh? Yes? Yes yes? Of course you do! But you?re not gonna get it! Heh heh heh! Not now! Not unless some...changes...are made.

*gestures to Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, who is bound and gagged to the chair DOWK is standing next to*

That?s right! I have your author right here, completely under my control! She cannot write without without my approval! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Now, if you want more of your precious story, I need something from you. Now, what would I need from you? Cash! Money! Dinero! Okane! Yes, for only $50,000.00 in unmarked U.S. dollars, I will allow your moronic author to add another stupid chapter to her dumb story! If you want to read the end of her pathetic tale, you will be sure to-

10. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    *Darth Obi-Wan Kenobi falls unconscious onto the floor as Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi uses the Force to unhinge her room lamp from the ceiling and drop it onto DOWK?s head. JOWK quickly frees herself and ties up DOWK. She then turns to her computer*

Sorry about that. Happy Halloween!

I see the server got hungry again. Why does my thread taste so good? I?m glad I didn?t lose the whole thing in the latest crash, but it ate all of page three and part of page two! Arrgh! At least I don?t ever have to worry about losing the story itself I love having my own computer on which I can save stuff My condolences to everyone who got erased

Anyway, I apologize for not being able to update this I had a *VERY BUSY* week However, I did manage to see all the great responses that everyone was kind enough to post, including the original page three. This is truly amazing. I am honored. When I first started this story, I hoped that at least one person would like it. It is so cool to see how many people are reading this and care about it. I cannot express how much your responses mean to me Thank you all very, very much

Well, I guess that?s it.

Nothing else to say.

Except....

Here?s more story!

You didn?t think I?d actually dare to post without finishing the next chapter, did you? I?d wind up with my head impaled on a stick!

11. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Chapter Twelve

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn hurriedly walked through the Presidential Palace?s palm tree grove, inner courtyard, and garden. As he moved through the plants, he did not notice the beauty that surrounded him, the call of the Living Force from the exquisite flowers and trees overpowered by his own thoughts. He quickly reached the Palace and unconsciously entered the building. Qui-Gon was already far inside the Palace by the time his former Apprentice began to yell, well out of the range that he would have been able to hear him. Even with the conflict in his heart, if Qui-Gon had heard his former Padawan?s tortured screaming, he would have turned around. His former Apprentice?s anguished cries would have been able to accomplish what his words and appearance could not. Qui-Gon would have run to his former student, in memory of the young man he loved as a son if nothing else.

But Qui-Gon didn?t hear Obi-Wan.

The Jedi Master mindlessly walked through the corridors of the Palace, aimlessly traveling through its white stone hallways. Normally, the bland decor of the building would have amused him slightly, but not tonight. Qui-Gon?s focus wasn?t on the Palace, or even in the present, for he was somewhere else entirely.

Two months ago.

The Jedi Council had sent him and Obi-Wan to Azure to monitor the upcoming Presidential Election. The Jedi were to provide a calming presence during the campaign and to ensure that violence did not break out between the different hostile political camps that were each trying to win the Presidency. They did not observe the actual voting of the people themselves because the representatives of the Azure government had insisted that the election would be fair. The President at the time, Castilla Blade, had not wanted the Jedi to interfere with that part of the process, saying that the candidates would prefer that the vote collection process be handled by the Azure government and not by outsiders.

That had been a mistake.

A Cerulean named Vincent Tor had won the election, outstripping his nearest competitor by a wide margin. This was a complete surprise, as he had been a distant third in the majority of the polls taken by the local media. The Azure Constitution stated that the President would be replaced immediately after the Presidential Election was completed, so Blade had handed over control of the government to Tor. The Jedi had been scheduled to leave at that point, but the candidate who had come in second in the voting, Konnor Kakaru, had requested a conference with them. At this meeting, Kakaru had accused Tor of unlawfully interfering with the election to ensure that he would win. Unfortunately, Kakaru didn?t have any proof of this occurrence, so he had asked Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to investigate the matter. They had agreed.

Kakaru had been right. It had not taken long for the Jedi to discover that Tor had rigged the election by changing some of the votes in favor of himself after they had been cast. However, this required access to the voting collection center, which only people in the highest levels of the Azure government had. After Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had talked to Blade, she had confessed. She had not been eligible to seek reelection due to the three term limit imposed by the Constitution, so she had tampered with the results to ensure that Tor would win in exchange for influence in his regime. Blade and Tor were members of the same political group, and Blade had felt that she could not allow her party to lose the Presidency, no matter what she had had to do.

After leaving Blade in the hands of the local police, the Jedi had headed off to confront Tor, who was giving a press conference on the steps of the Presidential Palace. The event had been practically over when they had arrived, so Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had intended to wait until the crowd dispersed to face Tor. However, as soon as Tor had seen the two Jedi, he had turned around and run into the Palace. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had run through the mass of people surrounding the building in

12. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    AAAAAAAAH! You leave us with NO story for so long, and then you write so much (so well!) and then you have to end it with a cliffhanger!?!?

LW Kenobi, you have another Sith Knight to deal with!

13. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That was great but post more often.

14. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    HA HA HA SERVES HIM RIGHT!!

15. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Very good Detective Jinn, now GET ON YOUR KNEES AND APOLOGIZE!!!!!

Qui-Gon could use a healthy dose of butt-wHoopin' for that. razzum-frazzum... rrr.

16. space case

space case Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 1999
    Just knew Mikel was the bad guy. Please don't be a stranger, write more soon. Thank you for the chapter Master Jedi.

17. Mickuelle

Mickuelle Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1999

Hurray! She wrote more!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great incentive to wake up this morning, but none to go to school. Great story! My day is going to be perfect!

18. Mickuelle

Mickuelle Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1999

Hurray! She wrote more!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great incentive to wake up this morning, but none to go to school. Great story! My day is going to be perfect!

19. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    And I thought there were only supposed to be TWO Sith. Now, we already have MORE than two: LW Kenobi, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Tyhei...
    This is all great work, just bad for my nerves. =)

20. Mickuelle

Mickuelle Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1999
    Hi guys,
    Sorry about this morning's double post! I didn't erase, I figured everybody could use the smileys.

Anyway, I have a few theories about what will happen next. I can't resist sharing, I hope nobody minds!

1) Mikel did it. This seems most likely at this point, but who knows where this story is going?

2)Somebody else did it. This is a possibility, Mikel isn't the only one his height.

3)A Sith did it, and did a mind trick on Obi-Wan.

BTW, it's interesting that Obi-Wan defends Qui-Gon when he is accused, but Qui-Gon is quick to abandon his padawan. Very interesting....

21. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    This is a GREAT story.

22. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Mwaaa! (Kiss on Obi-Wan's forhead) Thanks for writing more and writing so great! I'm always thrilled to see when you post more.

Why didn't Obi-Wan just tell Qui-Gon he didn't do it? Wouldn't they all know he was telling the truth? Maybe Obi-wan took the rap for some reason... hmmmm...

impressive, most impressive...

23. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I almost forgot to add: I think the Butler did it!

(see Username a few posts up)

24. Kilih-Sie Kanobi

Kilih-Sie Kanobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 1999
    OH FORCE! A cliffhanger, great. Hurry up and write more before I start making death threats!

25. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Obi-Wan did not take the rap. If you remember, he keeps denying fervently.
    Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, thanks for writing another brilliant chapter

Question, are you:
    a)Terry Brooks
    b)a reincarnation of J.R.R. Tolkien.
    c)a reincarnation of C.S. Lewis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.