main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Requisite of Time AU (Obi,Ani, Padme L/M, L/H, J/J/A, Ben. 10/01 Epilogue Thanks for the noms!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    wow. powerful stuff. What a way to introduce the otherside of ben.

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    skywalker64089

Intense. And nobody but Obi-wan knows that the two Ben's are now one.
    And Shmi's spirit is caught with Qui-gon and Yoda and Arissa.

And, hey, no problem. Just keepin' the home fires burnin'.

S.

Yeah, he hasn't told anyone but Obi-Wan. Yeah, Shmi is with the others in ghostly Force.

Zonoma

?I will do what I must and let
    those I love forgive me.?

Oh, man! This sucks!

Doesn't it though. I set out to make this chapter slight less depressing and it really was harder to write.

The_Slilent_One

wow. powerful stuff. What a way to introduce the otherside of ben.

I'm glad you noticed that Ben was different. I wanted there to be this struggle inside of him and that sometimes he'd draw on one side of himself and then it could be the other, but it was very difficult to write because I didn't want it to be the old Ben.

3. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Yes, this was more depressing than the other chapter. In the other one there was a farewell to a hero in this one there is just death and despair puntuated by the single ray of hope that Ben's memories brought Obi-Wan.

4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great post!

But who is that blond girl that Arissa keeps reaching out towards? Is it Shmi? Because then she truly is dead---and Ben really wouldn't be killing his sister.

5. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Or "life still clung too closely to her" means that it may be possible to reinstate her in her body, it is still healthy after all.

6. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    damn...

this is gonna be a rough ride!

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Zonoma

Yes, this was more depressing than the other chapter. In the other one there was a farewell to a hero in this one there is just death and despair puntuated by the single ray of hope that Ben's memories brought Obi-Wan.

It was darker and I promise that it won't always be dark, despite the seriousness of the situation.

Laine_Snowtrekker

Great post!

But who is that blond girl that Arissa keeps reaching out towards? Is it Shmi? Because then she truly is dead---and Ben really wouldn't be killing his sister.

It is Shmi and she is dead. But not everyone knows that so to them it's like Ben is going to kill her.

Zonoma

Or "life still clung too closely to her" means that it may be possible to reinstate her in her body, it is still healthy after all.

There are possibilities.

RedGold

damn...

this is gonna be a rough ride!

Definitely.

8. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    So, Obi-Wan thinks there may be a way to save Shmi but they just haven't found it yet, and Shmi is still clinging to life not accepting the fact that she has died. Interesting! :)

Poor Ben. :( He's being torn in two between what he knows is his duty, and the life he now remembers. I loved the interaction between Ben and Obi-Wan and that Obi-Wan reassured him that he will still be loved. [face_love]

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    bek

So, Obi-Wan thinks there may be a way to save Shmi but they just haven't found it yet, and Shmi is still clinging to life not accepting the fact that she has died. Interesting!

Poor Ben. He's being torn in two between what he knows is his duty, and the life he now remembers. I loved the interaction between Ben and Obi-Wan and that Obi-Wan reassured him that he will still be loved.

Ben is a poor boy. I worried that the interaction between Ben and Obi-Wan would be too mushy, but it was something a restored Ben would truly worry about. If I must kill that which I love will I still be loved. Even though he sacrificed Luke, he wans't the one who took his life

10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    very intense update and I can't wait for more

11. 3po1ab

3po1ab Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    You did an excellent job in this last chapter. I imagine it was difficult to portray a similar, but changed Ben...and you pulled it off nicely. I loved the relationship between Ben and Obi-Wan...I found it very touching. :)

12. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    JediFalcon

very intense update and I can't wait for more

Thanks.

3po1ab

You did an excellent job in this last chapter. I imagine it was difficult to portray a similar, but changed Ben...and you pulled it off nicely. I loved the relationship between Ben and Obi-Wan...I found it very touching.

It really made me nervous doing the balance act with Ben, because he has a whole other handfull of experiences to draw from. In the "happier" reality Ben and Obi-Wan were very close an they were close even with Ben's dark past, well as close as Ben got to anyone, so I thought this was a perfect way to not only show Ben's worry about the family he now knew and remembered and so wants to please and to show the deep connection between grandfather and grandson.

13. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    You'd think after what had happened between Luke and Ben that Luke would trust him a little bit more. . .

But then again. ..pitting sibling against sibling while the parents are watching, is difficult.

Although, it looks as though Mara believes Ben, and agrees with him whole hartily even though I'm sure it's hurting her as much as it is hurting him.

14. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    maramijade

You'd think after what had happened between Luke and Ben that Luke would trust him a little bit more. . .

But then again. ..pitting sibling against sibling while the parents are watching, is difficult.

Although, it looks as though Mara believes Ben, and agrees with him whole hartily even though I'm sure it's hurting her as much as it is hurting him.

Itis a difficult situation all around. Mara's more prone to face the reality of a situation, where Luke has an idealistic view.

15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  16. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Chapter 27:

Luke was in constant motion, he had not slept in two days and had accomplished a number of tasks without
    dwindling the list of necessities that forever lengthened as the days persisted. The Council had all been read
    and given the figurative stamp of approval by Keorra, each were now dividing the Jedi to those who would
    go out to the field searching out the Van'iri and studying them, and those who would move into the Jedi
    Temple long abandoned for the Sanctuary that had house them these many decades.

Mara was out there now, alerting the Jedi public to the fact that one of their own couldn't be trusted.
    Warning them to look out for irregularities amongst their friends, their colleagues and classmates, those they
    had stood by and fought with. Friends and family. But would they recognize any difference. The Van'iri
    that wore his daughter's face had never given any sign of the emptiness inside of her until she had attempted
    to destroy her brother.

He quickly directed his thoughts from that event and what may be necessary to protect the Order that was
    his to lead and the galaxy he had sworn his life to. Ben had already forced the reality of the situation on him
    and he did not need to dwell on it any longer until he was presented face to face with the problem.

Instead he turned back to the datapad in his hand and the list of master, knights, and padawans that he had
    sanctioned for himself to divide between duty and the Temple. In this case it was difficult to discern which
    was the more dangerous. Keorra could not go out to every Jedi and read their soul and even if she could,
    how long was that assurance to last. It worried at his already abused heart. Deep down he knew he could
    not carry a shield over all those in his care, but still he did not think that should keep him from trying.

This very subject was a constant cause of contention between he and Mara. She worried that the
    compassion inside of him would grow to great, that passion would take the reigns inside of him and direct
    him to a place he would not normally go. He smiled at the thought. Her constant nagging and his father's
    own problems with the darkness had been a detector against his more fool hardy attempts, but still he was
    more then a little reckless and threw his life to readily into heated conflicts.

Not unlike some Jedi time-traveler who just happened to be his son.

He sighed as he found Ben's name on the list, a plethora of fears and hopes fighting for dominance inside
    of him. There were two sides to Ben as he had learned there were two sides to himself, similar but changed
    in infinite ways. Of their own accord, his eyes drifted to his right hand, flesh where in another time there
    had been metal, gears, so very much like his father.

In his mind's eye he could see Ben as he once had been, scarred, sinewy muscles underneath ragged black
    tunics. Harsh blue-green eyes that held such haunted sorrow and were now transferred to the fresh faced
    boy that Luke had known before. So much darkness around him and yet the boy had barely clung to the
    gossamer strands of light that floated like unfettered leaves in a stiff wind.

Though he had memories of his own altered self, Luke did not know how to access from those. Ben had
    known an older, wiser Luke, a true father and leader, where Luke felt as though he were dangling over a
    precipice of loose rock and every move he made might lead to a slide. Unjedi-like as it might have been,
    he yearned to speak with Master Yoda, to glean some wisdom from the ancient Jedi.

He missed the simplicity of a few seasons back, where so little seemed to be on the cusp of change and
    imminent disaster. Where he'd only known one life. If he, a Jedi Master and grown adult could not come
    to terms with it, how did Ben?

Blast it, Skywalker! Gain your focus. You've got too much work to do, he chastised mentally and
    with head shake returned to the list of Jedi.

Rovidian and Tessler were both injured and should be tran

17. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    So Keorra now knows the entire story. One of the few that does. And she is very confused. But Ben is right. With everything else going on, decisions need to be made rapidly, and I don't think he had any choice but to proceed as he did. It just means that Keorra is going to have to come to terms with Ben the way he is now. And I've got a feeling that the sooner, the better.

S.

18. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    everyone needs a good cry now and again...

and Keo is in the loop... and yeah, makes you wonder who's the cheater here... hehehe

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    poor Luke and Mara :(

you know I wouldn't mind seeing Ben and Kerroa get over this, I mean they do love each other but it might be difficult because of Arrian

more soon

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    skywalker64089

So Keorra now knows the entire story. One of the few that does. And she is very confused. But Ben is right. With everything else going on, decisions need to be made rapidly, and I don't think he had any choice but to proceed as he did. It just means that Keorra is going to have to come to terms with Ben the way he is now. And I've got a feeling that the sooner, the better.

S.

They need to work together, but it is a tenuous situation for Keorra, mainly because she can't help but feel jealous of the one that sort of came before her.

RedGold

everyone needs a good cry now and again...

and Keo is in the loop... and yeah, makes you wonder who's the cheater here... hehehe

It's very complicated and one of those things in real life that I wanted to work into the story. It was the same thing with Arrian, parents who gave of their children finding themselves having to deal with the reprecussions of their decisions.

JediFalcon

poor Luke and Mara

you know I wouldn't mind seeing Ben and Kerroa get over this, I mean they do love each other but it might be difficult because of Arrian

more soon

With time Ben and Keorra will work things out, but it's going to be a long process.

21. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I havent posted lately I've been real busy, but I wanted to let you know that I'm still following your story. At such a young age, Keorra has alot to mull over with the information Ben has given her. Why was she not trained as a Jedi? I remember you said Yoda found her and determined that she was a soul reader but they did not give her additional training? I enjoyed the interaction between her and Ben. Keep up the good work!

22. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ok, catching up once again! And thanks for all the pms! :)

Ch 20 - I like how even as Arrian is trying to sort out his feelings about Ben, he can put them aside to anchor Ben to the present. Poor Luke is all worried, but following the Force. [face_laugh] Oh, Obi-Wan, as always the master of understatement. I feel bad for Anakin, still trying to find his place. Hmm, Mara got a glimpse of Ben from the past too, I wonder if she'll realize it. ?He's insane,? Anakin commented, but didn't stop their pursuit for the Falcon. ?Did he get that from you or from me?? [face_laugh] They did it! [face_dancing]

Ch 21 - Poor Luke, trying to decide how to handle Ben. At least he's starting to learn a little bit. Great job with the conversation between Ben and Arrian. Glad they're finally getting the chance to talk and sort things out. Now Ben just has to talk to Luke and Mara.

Ch 22 - Love the conversation between Ben and Yoda, Ben stubborn as always and Yoda wise and making his point. Shmi/Shi's bit with Luminara was quite chilling. I hope someone finds Luminara soon and realizes what's going on. [face_worried]

Ch 23 - Oh, I love how Ben went to Luke and asked for help meditating. Poor Ben and Luke, suddenly having the Force do that to them. At least Luke knows now, and understands what Ben is going through to a certain extent.

Ch 24 - I like Keorra, she's good for Ben to have. :) I'm glad she's helping him come to terms with himself. Uh oh, there's going to be trouble with Shmi/Shi. [face_worried] Poor Luke still doesn't quite know what to do. I wonder who this blue specter talking to Yoda is, maybe Qui-Gon? Sounds like Yoda will die defending Ben. :(

I'll finish later. Great job!

23. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    interesting. you handeled L/M and B/K scenes well, especialy the former very real.

24. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Mara has a way of getting under Luke's skin and making him see what is right in front of his face. :)

Also liked that Ben was completely honest about everything in his past and present life. Though, it must be somewhat of a shock to Keo to know there was indeed another.

Next post?!

25. 3po1ab

3po1ab Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Nice Chapter :)
    I'm glad that Luke was able to face some of what is going on, with the help of Mara--turned out to be an interesting scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.