main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Rereading the novels in [publication] order?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dexter Jettster, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Dexter Jettster

Dexter Jettster Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2013
    About 6 months ago I decided to start rereading all the novels in publication order - it was a chance to rediscover some old favourites as well as watching how the EU developed through the books. The Thrawn Trilogy were as good as remembered (but I found Dark Force Rising a little slow) and, surprisingly, I now actually liked the Corellian Trilogy. The Crystal Star was still a struggle to read and I really didn't like Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina.

However, I've thoroughly enjoyed it so far and I'm just finishing the second book of the Black Fleet Crisis (September 1996) now.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this (or tried reading them in another order)?

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've been doing chronological order for a while now, and am myself at BFC as well (though I skipped around the timeline a tiny bit). So, I probably wouldn't tackle publication order until a significant amount of time passes after I'm done.

Oh and believe me, you're not alone when it comes to The Crystal Star. And though I found Dark Force Rising to be the weakest of the Thrawn trilogy, I still think it's a great book

3. Suikoman444

Suikoman444 Jedi Master

Sep 8, 2009
    I'm doing that now too, though all of these are the first time through. I've been finishing up entire arcs instead of reading one book in a series then one from another then going back to the previous one. I also agree that some of these feel a little hard to get through. So far, The Crystal Star and parts of the Jedi Academy trilogy. I'm currently on Children of the Jedi and it's taking a while for it to really seem to get anywhere.

I'm probably weird with the way I started reading Star Wars books. I originally read them by in universe date so I did that from the Old Republic novels up to Coruscant Nights.