main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Rescheduled Star Wars 30th Anniversary Viewing Party!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Our Official SA Fan Force Star Wars 30th Anniversary Viewing Party has been rescheduled at last!!!

Join us at Brent's house on Saturday, June 15th at 4pm. Brent will be showing the movie projected on a big screen, the way it was meant to be seen.

This will also serve as our June SA Fan Force Meeting. It seems like ages since we've all gotten together because we didn't end up having a May meeting.

Please bring your favorite beverage and snack (Star Wars related snacks are encouraged!)

If you plan on attending, please RSVP on this thread or contact me at jedigroupie@hotmail.com to get more details.

See you this Saturday!!!
    Lisa

2. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Saturday is the 16th. Did you mean the 16th? Cause if it is, I have family obligations that day so I probably will not be able to make it. Sorry.

3. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Yeah, I meant June 16th. What do you mean you can't make it? :_|

Well, if it sounds like too many people aren't going to be able to make it, then we might have to postpone. It is up to Brent what he wants to do.

4. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    I am iffy for the 16th....Depends on the Spurs...Should they sweep...chances are they may have the city celebration that day...Not yet known if that is the case but anything is a possibility with the Spurs and the city....If not at work...I too may have a previous obligation that day....sorry

5. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Damn, this sucks! What happened to us? We can't get anything going. I would be there but my Great Uncle would give me so much crap. Why my extended family decides to have a gathering out of nowhere is beyond me. If the event is still on I will try to sneak out early and be there, but I can't promise anything.

6. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    Everybody calm down.

I'll be here for another weekend before I have to leave town. What about the following weekend?

-Brent

7. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Next weekend is fine with me? Anyone else?

Don't make me hunt you down and drag you to the the party, because I will. [face_skull]

8. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

No problem. I am free that weekend. I will definitely be there.

9. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    O.K.

Since Saturday has passed us by, I will assume that we are all in agreement that the viewing will take place next Saturday.

Can I get an "AMEN!" ?

10. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

JEDI_SHADOWTECH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I think I can make it this Saturday (06-23) ...I need the 411 on where & and the time [face_thinking] I understand I live in the area of Brent's ...if someone can offer a ride ...I own you my life:D

p.s. scratch out that last remark

11. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    That shouldn't be a problem. Just PM me and let me know where you live.

-Brent

12. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Okay, just to clarify for everyone, we'll be having the viewing party at Brent's on Saturday, June 23 at 4pm. This is the FINAL re-rescheduled date! There will be not changing it this time around because this is the last weekend in June that Brent will be able to host the event.

I know that some of our friends in the Battlestar Galactica group won't be able to make it because they are having the family outing to Corpus Christi the same weekend. We will miss you and you will miss the yummy Wookiee cookies I am going to make. :(

Please make sure to RSVP if you plan to attend!
    Thanks,
    Lisa

13. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Actually Lisa the Battlestar Aries has rescheduled their day to the beach outing for July 21st. At this time I am not sure if I can be there this Saturday or not...

14. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Oops, I realized that later on. I guess I don't know how to read emails or calendars anymore. I hate the summer; it fries my brain. :oops:

Anyway, I hope you can make it, Alex.

15. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the movie screen looks great. It's actually more screen than we need since the movie is letter-boxed. Just hope the I can keep the light out of that room. I'm still getting the sound "just right".

Hope everyone can make it. Please let me know what everyone is bringing in terms of food. Besides Wookie cookies, what else do we want to eat.

I'll get the popcorn ready with bowls and cups. I've got plenty of water, but if anyone wants to bring cokes feel free.

-Brent

16. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I can definitely bring chips and dip. I also can cook up some chicken for us to eat. How much do you think we will need?

I am excited! Haven't seen you guys in a while. I hope a lot of peeps show up! I'm gonna find those of you who don't!

17. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    I think chicken could be yummy.

I'm counting on around five or six of us.

What do you think Lisa?

-Brent

18. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    That sounds good to me. :)

We will be gathering around 4 or 5pm, but the movie won't be starting until a little bit later because we want it to be dark enough so the movie will look good on the screen.

We'll see you Saturday!

19. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Then I guess my Forman Grill will be in heavy use on Saturday morning!

20. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    I blacked out the windows!!! It's really dark now. We can start as soon as we settle in.

I thought that we could enjoy the ROBOT CHICKEN: Star Wars clips as a starter course. I recorded them so we could all have a good laugh.

-B

21. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

JEDI_SHADOWTECH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I'll be there ...not sure what time to go or who will pick me up. Will also bring something, not sure what
    See you there :D

22. thx1067

Nov 30, 2003
    I'll pick you up in the suburban. Let's shoot for 4pm.

-Brent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.