main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Resident Evil, Survive the City

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Radiance, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Lucy
    10th August 5:40pm

Lucy sat with her knees up to her chest in the corner of the examination room. Outside things were chaose. It hadn't taken them long to get to the hospital and since they'd arrived Paul had taken her mother to get the tests gone. Lucy's mother had somehow gotten worse on the car ride over there, coughing and groaning slightly. Lucy had been told to wait in the room by Paul, and she was getting scared and restless. People in the corridor were screaming and running, obviously what was happening was something big. Was there some kind of epidemic?
    Suddenly there was a banging at the door and it burst open. A woman in a suit came in but she looked.....dead. Like a walking corpse and covered in blood.
    "Hello?" Asked Lucy. The woman looked towards her, eyes wildy. She started to stumble forward towards Lucy, arms out. Lucy stood up quickly.
    "What's going on? Help! Somebody!" She screamed. The woman was coming closer, groaning slightly. Lucy reached down to the floor where her bag was, grabbing the hunting knife out of it. The woman was right on top of her, Lucy quickly side-stepping and running to the other side of the room. She closed the door, thinking she'd rather not have someone, or something, else coming in behind her. She pulled the knife out of its holder and held it in front of her defensively.
    "Listen, please stop." She said feebly. The woman either didn't understand her or wasn't listening and coming back towards her, arms out. Lucy reacted and threw the knife, aiming for the shoulder. However in her panic the knife went off-course, hitting the woman in the head. She fell to the ground, not moving. Lucy screamed, backing away. The door opened, causing Lucy to scream again, but this time it was Paul. He was wearing a lab coat and looked dishevelled.
    "Lucy are you alright, what happened?" He asked. Lucy burst into tears.
    "That woman, there was something wrong with her. I didn't mean...I didn't mean to...." She started. Paul hugged, trying to calm her down.
    "Shhhhh. It's alright. There was something wrong with her, but you did her a favour, she wasn't herself. You didn't kill a person, you killed the monster she was turned into."
    "But what happened to her?"
    "There's a virus. I'm not supposed to tell you this, but it's a virus made by Umbrella. The basic form is that it reanimates the dead. It's passed from person to person by bite and somehow it got out."
    Lucy broke out of Paul's hug.
    "But mom was bitten. She's going to turn into one of them." She said. Paul nodded.
    "Yes, I'm afraid so. It's rapidly taking over." He said. Lucy looked to the woman on the floor, her mother was going to become like that?
    "Dad, you worked for Umbrella. Do you have somehting to do with this?" She asked suddenly.
    "I worked on cell reaction to various substances, including T-cells, and I certainly heard about the project, but I did not help in making the virus itself." He said. "But I swear to you Lucy, I am helping in the lab to find a vaccine. It's only a matter of time, I will not let you mother die. If she does, I won't let her become a monster, I swear."
    Lucy looked at him. She believed him, but there was something else going on. At that moment Paul's cellphone rang.
    "Yes?........what do you mean you saw......" Paul looked at the corner of the room where a small camera was, "yes sir, she is........I'm not sure.......yes......I'll bring her right down." He turned off the phone and turned back to Lucy.
    "You can't stay here, you're coming with me to the lab. It's sealed so you'll be safe there." He retrived the knife from the woman's body, cleaning it slightly on the end of her suit jacket. He handed it back to Lucy.
    "Keep a hold of that, just in case."

He grabbed her hand and they walking into the corridor. There were come people still around, but others were crouched in corners nursing bite wounds on their arms or legs.
    Lucy didn't pay much attention to where they were going, she was still thinking about everything Paul had told her.
    Up ahead two men in black with guns were st

2. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Pockets
    August 10th 1998 - 5:26pm

"Say something...anything. Quick!"

Pockets said the first thing that came to mind, "I'm not one of those zombie-like creatures! Please, please oh please tell me you have room for one more in that car!" As he said this frantically he jerked his head about a couple of times, making sure the few zombies nearby were not in threatening distance.

Tag: Ktala

3. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Dante Rand 5:20 PM Parking Lot

Dante almost reached around with his right hand and fumbled around in pant pocket for his keys to his BMW. His eyes where panicked and bloodshot, seeming as he hadn?t slept in a few weeks. He wouldn?t have to worry about a man from Umbrella coming for him in a black mask after all; oh no he wouldn?t live long enough for that. He would only live long enough to make it to the belly of those walking corpses, or live far to long and wind up like one of them. He looked around the deserted parking, making sure the thing that had bit Jamie was gone. He looked over at Justin and Karen, students who stayed after for tutoring?who where now stuck in the building as the ?rioters? broke in? who nodded back at him grimily. When his hand finally met the key, it took two tries for him to get it in the slot. Dante swore out loud until the key finally got in and he managed to open the car.

? Hurry up, or I?m leaving you here!? Dante said in a furious low tone.

? But?wouldn?t be safer to just stay here and wait it out?I understand going to the cops? Justin began

?Get in, or stay?your choice? Dante said in a harsh tone. With that Karen and Justin leapt to the car.

?This area going to be filled with them in a few dozen minutes, then there?s no chance of getting out. Besides?.it will be safer at police headquarters?right?? Dante said with a slightly hopeful and certainly energetic tone. Before anyone could respond to him a heavy, fat and pale hand bust throw the window like a rocket. The glass fell like rain on the floor. The hand grabbed at Karen and pulled out of the car, Justin flew out the car screaming her name. Dante was about to leave the car, when he heard more lunching, and a loud wet chop of teeth and Karen?s screams of pain. He put his keys in the ignition, and went out of the parking lot like a bat out of hell. He was heading to the Police headquarters?with or without them. He did feel a heavy pang in heart, but remembering that heavy hand crashing through the window, silenced it.

4. Anime_Fan

Anime_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    OOC: I apologize for my absence, testing schedule at school has thrown me off track. I won't let it happen again ;).

Zachary Byrd
    August 10th 1998; 5:26pm

Zack listened in silence to the radio broadcasts of what was going on outside. It was official, no work today. Zack stood, turning off his radio and running over to his armory, quickly opening the doors and pulling all the clothes out, not bothering to see if they landed neatly or in a massive heap. He pried a loose board off and pulled out his Father's Sig Arms P226 X-Five Pistol, pulling a black holster on around his waist. He holstered his weapon and pulled out the eleven inch SOG Tech Bowie Knife that once belonged to his Father. Zack strapped the sheath of the knife to his ankle, before pulling his pants leg back down over it.

Zack tucked the extra ammo of the pistol into the compartments of the holster and pulled the gun out of the holster, letting out a heavy breath. "Theres only one place I know I'll have a chance." He whispered to himself before making his way out of his apartment, running down the stairs and down to the sidewalk. He cocked his gun, blasting any of those zombies that got to close. Zack looked around briefly before he broke off into a run, keeping his gun handy.

With what was happening now, he probably wouldn't get a chance to join the Raccoon City Police Department. Right now though, that was the only place with enough guns. He knew he had a chance of survival if he went there, the only issue now being that he get there alive, and in one piece. With all these things around, that would be a little more difficult than he would have liked it to be.

Tag: Anyone

5. yipeekayyay

yipeekayyay Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2007
    OOC: I'm still waiting for a PM response from Marshmallow_Bandit concerning a collaboration, so bear with me. D:

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Artie
    Heading for the Police Station,
    August 10th 1998 - 5:28pm

"Say something...anything. Quick!" Artie said to the man they almost ran over.

The man responded immediately. "I'm not one of those zombie-like creatures! Please, please oh please tell me you have room for one more in that car!" As he said this frantically he jerked his head about a couple of times, making sure the few zombies nearby were not in threatening distance.

Artie looked down at her brother, and then threw open the door. "GET IN!" she stated as she sat back down in her seat. As soon as the guy was at least halfway in, her brother took off, the car bouncing down the street, as they headed for the police station.

Artie looked at the man. "Im Artie. We're heading for the police station." She gave a small grin, as she pulled up her catchers mask. "We figure its gotta be the most well bit place around. We thinking of a way to get out of the city. "

Tag: Yuul_Shamar, anyone else!

OOC:
    LAST CALL FOR FOLKS TO JOIN IN, BEFORE WE REACH STATION!!

7. Anime_Fan

Apr 2, 2005
    Zachary Byrd
    August 10th - 5:29 pm

Zack panted slightly, gripping his knees as he stopped briefly. He had been running for what seemed like forever, yet he knew it couldn't have been more than two or three minutes. Time flew by when you were running for your life, and shooting for it at that. He stood up straight again, black hair bouncing around his face, surveying what was in front of him.

"Too many of them to pass safely. I guess I should, cross the street." Zack pushed himself away from the wall, tightening his grip on his gun. He proceeded to hastily jog towards the street, turning back to make sure none of those nasties followed him. It reached his ears before he saw it, the sound of a car speeding down the street. He looked up and a look mixed between relief and fear crossed his features.

"I never thought I'd be so happy to see a car speeding towards me...oh that's right..it's speeding." It hit him suddenly that they probably wouldn't be able to stop in time, if they even saw him that is. Hoping whoever it was wouldn't veer in the direction he jumped, Zack threw himself out of the way, to the right, rolling along the concrete. The sleeves of his jacket tore a bit, cutting his arms lightly. His jeans ripped even more if it were possible, but he was still safe. From those creatures anyway. Zack groaned, pushing himself up to his feet slowly, hand still gripping his gun tightly.

"I really hope I don't get a concussion."

Tag: Ktala, Yuul

8. Radiance

Radiance Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2007
    IC: Gabriel Ciparzo
    August 10th, 6:00pm

Gabriel jogged along the alley, the streets were in ruins. Debris was in the street. Various objects were on fire. The city had turned into a warzone. He passed many zombies on the way to the shop but they were too slow, he ran by them to conserve ammunition. After about 15 minutes, Gabe saw the basketball court. There were Zombies locked in there as well. Instead of risking unlocking the gate, Gabriel climbed the fence and began shifting along the outside of it. He made it to the center and grunted as he pulled his weight up onto the back of the basketball net. The Zombies took notice of him and began moving towards him. But they were too stupid to climb. So they just stood at the bottom of the net, arms raised to try and pluck him down.

Gabe took a quick breather and then grabbed the fence again. He made it to the inside of the other end of the court and flipped over it, then dropped to the ground. Down the alley and into a fenced opening. There was a brown door just to the left of the fence a few feet back. Gabe tried the handle but it was locked. Then he heard glass shatter on the other side, a startled yell, some gun shots and then the door flew open. Gabriel was hit on the shoulder with the impact and it spun him around. When he came to a stop he was on one knee with the M16 leveled at the man standing in the door. His thumb switched the lever from safe to semi and he saw a pistol raise in his direction.

The two men stood their locked with each other for a moment before Gabriel stood, weapon still leveled. The man in front of him was wearing an RPD rookie uniform.

"Who are you.." Gabe asked while looking down his sights.

"Leon Kennedy. What about you?"

Kennedy

Gabe placed his rifle back on safe and lowered it. Leon shut the door and looked around.

"Gabriel Ciparzo. It's about time you got here though I am pretty sure you are wishing you were someplace else. I am supposed to be your section leader."

"What do you mean supposed to be? Why aren't you?"

"Well technically I am but the circumstances are a bit less than optimal. What happened inside?"

"Those... things, broke through the windows and killed the owner. I dont have the firepower to take them out. I was making my way to the Station."

Gabe nodded.

"Good, you get there, follow the alleys here and it will lead you right to it. I need to get some weapons here."

"What about the armory?"

Gabe signed and explained to him what had happened.

"What is going on in this town?!"

"Wish I knew kid... just got here yesterday and then this happens. But get to the station. I'll clear this place out and get some firepower back there."

Leon nodded and turned to walk the other way.

Gabe opened the door and saw 5 zombies snacking on the former owner. The thumb switch switched to semi again and the click brought the attention of the closest one. Gabe hosed them down and began stuffing weapons into a bag he found. He had to get back to the station ASAP.

Tag all.

OOC: I have writters block right now.....

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Artie
    August 10th 1998 - 5:30pm

Artie looked at the man. "Im Artie. We're heading for the police station." She gave a small grin, as she pulled up her catchers mask. "We figure its gotta be the most well bit place around. We thinking of a way to get out of the city. " She had barely gotten the words out of her mouth, before her brother had the car in motion once more, heading down the road.

She was watching the man carefully. She knew he was not a zombie yuck, but folks got strange when life and death was going on. She was going to make sure this guy didnt try something stupid, like try to take over and stuff. She was concentrating on him so much, that she barely registered the sudden cursing that her brother was doing, as once more, the car swerved hard, going into a skid, that he quickly corrected for, as he came barrling down to a stop.

Artie screamed, and ducked behind the seat, not wanting to get hit by anything. Once the car stopped, she looked up, trying to see what was going on. Her brother had his hands locked on the stearing wheel, as he looked around outside.

"Did I kill him???" He asked softly, as he then saw someone on the ground. The figure moved, and James sighed in relief. "These roads are getting hazardous. Good, we are almost there..."

Artie looked around to see the guy slowing getting up. He too was carrying stuff, but this one had a gun gripped tightly in his hands. She heard him say, "I really hope I don't get a concussion." as she once more looked out of the moonroof, her pistol bow locked on him.

"Wadda you want?" she asked him tersely. It was kinda of a stupid question, she knew, but she had to say something. And right now, she really couldnt think of anything else to say. She just wanted to get to the station before anything ELSE happened.

Tag: Anime_Fan, Yuul_Shamar, anyone else!

10. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    August 10th 1998, 6:15pm

Gabe slung a backpack on his back and zipped the long duffel bag closed as he heard gunshots from the back door. As he looked up at the broken windows he noticed a few more zombies dragging their way to the opening.

Crap

Gabriel opened the back door as he stuffed ammo from the counter into the backpack. He slammed the back door to Kendo's as the zombies began to close. They started banging on the door as he jammed it on their fingers. Gabe noticed as he was holding the door shut that there were dead zombies in the basketball court. Leon must have taken them down instead of going around. It would make the journey back easier. The ones behind the door finally heaved with enough force to push the SPF Officer into the fence. He quickly spun and dropped the duffel bag as they rushed from the door.

The first recieved a kick to the chest, pushing it back into the ones behind it. Only one remained on it's feet and it charged Gabriel without any regard to surroundings. It recieved an M16 buttstock to the temple and went down like a sack of meat.

Gabriel began his jog back to the station. Now weighed down by clacking weapons in the large duffel bag he carried it took him almost twice as long to hoof it back. He met many dead zombies laying in the streets in Leon's wake.

At least he can hold his own. Thats a plus. Gabriel was back at the station front gates as he heard gunfire from an automatic weapon. His ears perked as he dropped the back and swung his M16 around to his front. His eye poked around the side of the iron gate and went wide. A female was dueling with the largest... most grotesque monster Gabriel had seen yet. It had to be 7-8 feet tall, wearing a black cut off trench coat. It's fists were the size of hams. It had narrow little eyes and apparently no lips. Fear gripped at Gabriel as the woman danced around its body, loading half a clip of ammo into the beast and barely effecting it. Gabriel noticed a body laying nearby. It was a man wearing a yellow vest and a white shirt. The shirt had the STARS emblem on the shoulder.

The gunfire continued and brought Gabe out of his thoughts. His hands were shaking as he ripped the bag open and searched for an item he had found in the gun shop. His hand closed around the round object he sought and hastily attached it to the top of his M16. It was a medium length scope. He whirled back around and poked his rifle through the bars of the gate. But the female ran into the police station. The monster ran after her but stopped after the doors locked.

This thing was intelligent. Not like the other zombies. This thing was... Gabriel didn't even know. But as he looked through the scope at the things face he got a good look at it's eyes. They scared him more than anything. One of them.... Almost looked human. A deep voice pierced the night and shook gabriel to his core.

"STARRRRSSSSSS........"

The monster walked away slowly, it's feet leaving a bass impression in the air every time they hit.

The gate began to rattle and Gabriel Ciparzo realized that he was shaking so badly that the rifle in his hands was knocking against the bars. He pulled the gun back and sat with his back against the stone wall with the rifle pressed against his body. He was out of breath and had a cold sweat beading his forehead. He looked around to see if the monster was gone and once he was positive that it was gone he pushed the gate open.

He gingerly held the weapons bag in his left hand as the slung M16 was held in his right hand, ready to be brought up at a moments notice. He walked over to the downed STARS member and pushed him over. Gabriel looked away with tight eyes for a moment as the horrible fate that had been presented to the officer met his understanding. He glanced around the mans body and searched his pockets for an ID. He found a STARS Badge and ID card.

"Brad Vickers.... The STARS Alpha team pilot... looks like it is only Jill and Chris left alive..."

As gabriel pulled the ID and Badg

11. Anime_Fan

Apr 2, 2005
    Zachary Byrd
    August 10th 1998; 5:30pm

"Wadda you want?" Zack looked up at Artie as she spoke. He lifted one hand up, unzipping his jacket. " I haven't been bit or anything, in case you were wondering." He looked around at the nasties, contemplating if it was safe enough. He holstered his gun, rubbing his hand lightly. His tight grip had started to hurt the flesh of his palm.

Zack looked up at Artie again, zipping his jacket up again. "I'm heading to the Police Station. I figured it was the only place with a large percent of survival. I just, don't have a car, or a bike, or anything for that matter, except my gun and my knife."

Zack nodded softly to her, and took his gun out again, twirling it around lightly before gripping it correctly and letting his arm drop loose at his side. The two strands of hair in front of the right side of his face bounced as he moved his head back up to her.

"Where are you guys heading?"

Tag: Ktala, Yuul

12. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    August 10th 1998; 5:30pm

"Im Artie. We're heading for the police station." She gave a small grin, as she pulled up her catchers mask. "We figure its gotta be the most well bit place around. We thinking of a way to get out of the city. "

Pockets nodded as he made sure his bags were settled even as they were speeding down the street, packing them around him so if needed they would have room for one more. "Name's John, John Renning, but you can call me Pockets." He replied, gesturing briefly at his vest.

"I'm heading to the Police Station. I figured it was the only place with a large percent of survival. I just, don't have a car, or a bike, or anything for that matter, except my gun and my knife."

"Gun? I say let him in, we have room." Pockets piped up before glancing out the windows, there was a group of zombies making there way to the car, about twenty-five feet away. "Hurry!"

Tag: Ktala, A_F

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Artie
    August 10th 1998 - 6:00pm

"Im Artie. We're heading for the police station." She gave a small grin, as she pulled up her catchers mask. "We figure its gotta be the most well bit place around. We thinking of a way to get out of the city. "

The guy nodded as he made sure his bags were settled even as they were speeding down the street, packing them around him so if needed they would have room for one more. "Name's John, John Renning, but you can call me Pockets." He replied, gesturing briefly at his vest. Artie grinned, and moved back to let him in. Anything was better than leaving someone who was not hurt.

"Welcome to the group..we're head.." Artie had stopped talking, and was busy hanging on to the seats and screaming as her brother had stopped suddenly once more. Once she decided that her brother had not killed anyone, they found the other guy.

"Wadda you want?" Artie asked the new guy. Zack looked up at Artie as she spoke. He lifted one hand up, unzipping his jacket.
    " I haven't been bit or anything, in case you were wondering." Artied pulled back her weapon. He looked around at the nasties, contemplating if it was safe enough. He holstered his gun, rubbing his hand lightly. His tight grip had started to hurt the flesh of his palm.

Zack looked up at Artie again, zipping his jacket up again. "I'm heading to the Police Station. I figured it was the only place with a large percent of survival. I just, don't have a car, or a bike, or anything for that matter, except my gun and my knife."

"Gun? I say let him in, we have room." Pockets piped up before glancing out the windows, there was a group of zombies making there way to the car, about twenty-five feet away. "Hurry!"

Zack nodded softly to her, and took his gun out again, twirling it around lightly before gripping it correctly and letting his arm drop loose at his side. The two strands of hair in front of the right side of his face bounced as he moved his head back up to her.

"Where are you guys heading?" Artie moved over to make room. Im Artie. thats Pockets. Guy driving is James. "We're on our way to the police station, so you're in luck. Get in...and hang on.. Artie said with a grin, as she jumped into the front seat next to her brother. He looked over at her, shrugging his shoulders.

"I hope they still in control..." she whispered softly to him. He nodded. "But if not, we still have your plan..." he gave her a soft tap on the head, and as soon as the new guy got inside, took off once more, careening down the streets, as they made their way to the police station. Anything else that might jump in their way better be quick, or it was getting run over.

Tag: Yuul_Shamar, Anime_Fan
    OOC:
    NEXT STOP, POLICE STATION!!!

14. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    August 10th, 1998. 6:30pm

His thumb depressed the intercom button on the microphone. But the red light didn't come on. He experimented with the switches but still got no response.

Great

The desk phone had speed dial buttons on it labeled for different sections of the station. STARS, was among the middle buttons. It was worth a try, though Gabe figured that the phones would be out.

He picked up the phone and hit the STARS button, all the while watching the monitor to make sure that Leon stayed put. Much to his astonishment the phone rang. The landlines must be down but the local building connections seemed stable. He watched as Leon spun, his grip tightening on his pistol, and pointed it at the phone on the desk furthest from him.

?Come on rookie, pick it up. The phone isn?t diseased?.?

Leon crossed slowly to the phone, took a backwards glance at the woman with him. Then tenderly picked it up, pressing it cautiously to his ear.

??Hello??

?Hey rookie? it?s Ciparzo. I am in the lobby right now, I got you on camera right now?

The image of Leon turned and scanned the corners of the room, finally locating the camera.

?Glad to see you made it. What can you tell me??

?Just sit tight. I?ll be up in a minute. Do not go anywhere. Ciparzo out.?

Leon nodded to the camera and hung up the phone. He sat down on a desk as the woman in red crossed the room to Chris Redfield?s desk. Gabriel stood upright and checked the magazine in his rifle to make sure he wasn?t running low on ammo. He took off at a light jog through the hallway. The narrow corridor next to the briefing room had all of the windows boarded up. But the wood looked worn out. As if fit had been pressed upon and had undergone a lot of stress testing.

He could see shattered glass on the floor that used to make up the windows. And he could hear groaning and a disturbing squishing sound outside the boards. Gabriel stayed as close to the far wall as he could. A few minutes, and a couple of flights of stairs later, he found himself outside the STARS office. Before he had left the lobby, he had stashed the weapon duffel under the reception desk. Out of sight. He carried just the backpack he had full of pistols and the like. He tried the knob and found it was locked. A silhouette appeared on the other side of the glass and had a pistol in hand.

?Kennedy open up, it?s me.?

The shadow relaxed and the click of the lock was heard. Gabriel entered and locked the door again behind him. He sighed and flopped into a nearby chair. Running a hand through his hair.

Leon came to sit across from him.

?What, happened to cause this? A man downstairs said that Umbrella had something to do with it.?

Gabriel looked up.

?I didn?t see a man downstairs. Who was it??

?Guy named Marvin I think. He was pretty messed up. I don?t think he made it. He made me leave, threatened to shoot me if I didn?t.?

Gabe?s eyes squeezed shut and he looked away. Umbrella had claimed yet another good man.

?That will be a big loss for us. I don?t know all the details myself. What I do know is that anyone of these? zombie creatures carries the virus within them. Biting people seems to be the main way of spreading the symptoms. Too my knowledge there is no cure yet. These things are hard to kill.. bullets seem to be ineffective unless you shoot them in the head. Most of them are slow? but I saw someone outside that was fighting something? huge? and fast. I can?t even describe what it looked like. It was horrifying.?

Leon rubbed his eyes. Gabriel glanced over at him.

?Heck of a first day, huh??

Leon gave a dark chuckle and nodded.

?Where?s the girl you were with?? Gabriel looked over at Redfield?s desk but there was now no one sitting there.

?She is trying to find her brother in all of this mess. She has a radio so we can get in contact.?

That got Gabe?s attention.

?Short wave is working? I thought that the radio?s were down.?

?Seems like the short wave is still good Sergeant. S?been working so

15. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    Reiko followed the fire truck until she saw the hospital to her left and turned, trying to avoid the oncoming vehicles as she did so. It was like the entire city had gone crazy, and looking ahead it didn't look like things were going to get any better. The pile up ahead was enough to convince the paramedic that she wasn't getting through, no matter how many cars she smashed aside. Pulling the ambulance over as far to the side as she could Reiko jumped out, went over to the back to check on her patient, then began running to see if there was another way through. She hadn't made it ten steps when she heard a loud bang and crunching metal, causing her to spin around and see that someone had smashed into the ambulance, trapping the doors closed.
    "****," she yelled at the driver, seeing that there was no way she could get to the victim who might well be dead now. "You murdering ******* ****." Reiko was about to kill the driver herself when she saw him slumped against the wheel. Even at that distance she saw that the right side of his temple had broken away, revealing gray brain matter amidst the blood. Reiko figured it must have happened on impact.
    Good, she thought, turning to try and make it to the hospital on foot. The devastation was unlike anything Reiko had ever seen, what was making Raccoon into a war zone? She stopped at one of the crashed cars, peering inside to see that there was children inside but from the way the seat had buckled there was nothing that could be done, the front end had come apart in the collision and they were crushed, much like Reiko felt now. She was about to try and think what could have been responsible for all this when something brushed past her. The green shape Reiko saw was a jacket, the girl running off seemed terrified.
    "Hey," Reiko called out. She didn't look like she old enough to even have a gun license, considering the disaster that might make the chances of survival alone bad. The girl didn't even slow down or turn to look, Reiko wanted to chase after her when her attention was drawn to one of the vehicles caught in the pile up. It was the movement that caught her eye, it looked like someone was still alive and trying to get out. Reiko began to run to help when the sound of gunfire stopped her. She saw the bullets strike into the passenger window, killing whoever was inside. "What the ****?" Reiko was prepared to rush the killer only to see three masked men, army she guessed. Special forces types holding machine guns.
    "Did you see a girl run past here?" one of them asked, his voice muffled. Thinking it best not to pick a fight Reiko gave a shrug as her only response. One of them came up to her, his voice demanding.
    "Which way did the girl go." A sudden rush of anger went through Reiko's body, they'd just killed a civilian and were likely after...after whoever that was for the same purpose.
    "Blow me, I ain't telling you ****." The soldier raised his gun to club her when an arm grabbed him.
    "Leave it. She must have gone this way." He nodded for the others to run down the street. "Get to the hospital," he ordered Reiko.
    "Look, what the **** is going on?" she roared. Instead of an explanation, the soldier fired a burst at her before running off. Reiko got the sense that he wasn't trying to kill her, the shooting was intended to scare her off. Just the same she figured the hospital was by far the best place for her right now and had no desire to argue.
    Later, she thought. Make these ***** pay.

16. Anime_Fan

Apr 2, 2005
    Zachary Byrd
    August 10th 1998 - 6:00pm

"We're on our way to the police station, so you're in luck. Get in...and hang on.." Artie said with a grin, as she jumped into the front seat next to her brother.

Zack quickly climbed into the car, shutting the door quickly. He looked at James and Pockets, nodding softly. "Nice to meet ya. My name is Zachary Byrd, but you can call me Zack." Zack put his gun into it's holster, rubbing the back of his neck lightly. He looked at Pockets and then at the bags he had with him.

"What is all that? Looks heavy." Zack tilted his head to the side to look out the window, sighing lightly. He had gotten lucky, finding, or more like almost getting run over by them when he did. If he had to keep running all the way to the Police Station, he might not have made it. Zack lifted his head up, looking at Artie, then at James and back to Pockets.

"So do any of you know what's going on?"

Tag: Yuul, Ktala

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Arline Taggert (Artie)
    Front of Police Station
    August 10th 1998 - 6:30pm

Artie was quiet as she listened to Zack and Pockets speak for abit. Then it grew quiet, as they watched the horror around them, while James was going his best, not to let the car get stuck anyplace, as they made their way to the police station. It was a long pause, before Artie heard the question.

"So do any of you know what's going on?"

Artie made a face, as she turned to look at the two guys behind her. "You mean besides it looking like we're stuck in a bad B movie, and folks chomping on one another....?" she asked dryly. She shook her head.

"Nope. Not a clue. My brother..." she stopped, trying not to cry, as she remembered what had happened, she shook her head and continued. "My other brother...he had seen walls going up around the city. So it must be bad. Thats why we were heading for the police station. We figured, that if they put a wall around the city, they mean to not let anyone out. So we're planning to go under the city. Police station got to have some maps of that stuff there..."

James spoke up then. "The police station is coming up ahead. So, what do we do when we get there...?"

Artie pulled out her walkie talkie to see if she was picking up ANY signals. Sometimes, she would pick up CB and some police and fire stuff, if it was close by. Artie shook her head. "I dunno. Maybe honk the horn? So they wont SHOOT at us? she suggested. She then pressed the key on her walkie.

"Hello? Anybody at the police station?? HEEELLLOOO???" she asked, hoping to hear something, anything on the other side. She looked to the two passengers.

"Wadda you guys think?"

Tag: Yuul_Shamar, Anime_Fan, Radiance, ANYONE?!!!

18. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    OOC: Keeping it short and sweet

August 10th, 1998. 6:30 pm

The radio buzzed and brought Gabriel out of his thoughts. There were people outside! Living people!

Gabe shot up and pointed at Leon.

"We have to go unlock that door before they get jumped out there! Hurry up!"

Leon was sprinting behind Gabriel as they raced down the steps and out to the lobby. Gabriel ripped the radio off of Leons belt as they made it to the door.

"This is SPF Officer Gabriel Ciparzo. Inside the RPD station. We are opening the door now, if you have weapons hold your fire!"

He nodded at Leon and the rookie pushed the door open slightly, checking corners for zombies and their ilk. The coast was clear, save for a car parked outside the brass gates.

Leon shouted out urgently.

"Come on! Get in here! Hurry!"

tag all.

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Arline Taggert (Artie)
    Front of Police Station
    August 10th 1998 - 6:50pm

Artie pulled out her walkie talkie to see if she was picking up ANY signals. Sometimes, she would pick up CB and some police and fire stuff, if it was close by. Artie shook her head. "I dunno. Maybe honk the horn? So they wont SHOOT at us? she suggested. She then pressed the key on her walkie.

"Hello? Anybody at the police station?? HEEELLLOOO???" she asked, hoping to hear something, anything on the other side. She looked to the two passengers.

"Wadda you guys think?"

Artie almost dropped the radio, as a voice suddenly broke through the static. She was shocked that someone had actually responded, but she listened now, as the voice spoke.

["This is SPF Officer Gabriel Ciparzo. Inside the RPD station. We are opening the door now, if you have weapons hold your fire!"]

Artie looked at the others, grinning wildly. "Did you hear that! Somebody is inside. Thank goodness." James looked over at her, smiling. "Alright. Artie, you grab the small bag. I'll grab the other stuff. I'll pull up close, and then we make a run for it."

James drove the car as close to the gates as he could. As he came to a stop, they all noticed the doors to the station suddenly open, and a head appeared.

The man shouted out urgently. "Come on! Get in here! Hurry!"

Artie didnt need any more prompting. Grabbing her gear, and the smaller bag, she leaped out from her door, doing a quick scan, and then quickly shut the door. They could use the car again, if they needed to, but hopefully, they would not have to. Right now, all she cared is that they had made it to the building. James had moved up close to her now, carrying the other bag with food. "Common, get inside quick, guys!" he urged, as he pushed Artie towards the door. Artie sprinted for the police station door, scanning around her, as she kept an eye on her brother.

Artie hit the door in a dead run, and then quickly dived in, moving herself out of the way, for the others she knew were right behind her. She found herself a space behind a desk, hoping that no other officers in the area would shoot at her, while she curled up, waiting for her brother to come through the door.

Tag: Radiance, Yuul_Shamar, Anime_Fan, Radiance, EVERYONE!!!

Weeeee! made it!

20. Anime_Fan

Apr 2, 2005
    Zachary Byrd

Excitement covered Zack's face at the sound of the officer's voice. "Yes!" He removed his gun from his holster, checking the amount of bullets he had left. He waited for the door to open, his heart thundering inside his chest. As James pulled the car up as close as he could, the doors to the station opened and someone poked their head out.

"Come on! Get in here! Hurry!" Zack looked at Pockets, and grabbed one of his bags. "Let me help you out there. Come on, let's bolt." Zack quickly climbed out of the car, Pocket's bag in one hand and his gun at the ready in the other.

"Common, get inside quick, guys!" James urged them. Zack didn't need to be told twice. He rushed into the station, pressing himself up against a wall to let the others through as he carefully placed Pocket's bag down beside his feet.

With his heart still pounding inside his chest, Zack re-holstered his gun, sliding down the wall into a sitting position. He sighed , closing his eyes. They were safe here, in the station. Aside from that, now there was a better chance of survival, with the skilled officers that had just let them inside. Zack opened his eyes, placing his hand on the butt of his gun.

Tag: Radiance, Ktala, Yuul

21. Yuuls_Sock

Yuuls_Sock Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2008

"Let me help you out there. Come on, let's bolt."

"Thanks Mate!" Pockets replied in a burst, running into the station and safety, for the moment at least. As he entered he let himself lean against one of the counters, his breathing slowing again. After a short while he reached into the larger bag and pulled out one of the latest digital video cameras before powering it on a looking around and beginning to speak, narrating.

"Some kind of Zombie outbreak like from some sleezy horror film is taking place here, in
    Raccoon City, we have no idea what is causing it but if it turns for the worst and none of us make it out, which scarcely bares thinking about, hopefully this recording will serve as evidence of what has happened. Moments ago, arriving with strangers turned friends at the police station, we have reached a temporary safe haven, hopefully it will last until we can get a plan for escaping the city put together." He moved to one of the windows looking out upon a street, with one of the horde groups slowly walking, towards what was unknown, although he had a few guesses. "As you can see, I am in know way exaggerating for what is happening is true. We have found out that the Umbrella corporation has built a wall around the city, built prior to this event, which we now guess was meant to keep everyone from escaping. Is this some type of biological weapon test? I can't think that our government ordered this so what is going on?!"

He turned back to the group that he had arrived with, "This here is the man that drove the car that was kind enough to let me join in their escape to the station, James and his sister Artie as well as another man we picked up named Zach I think. Do any of you to care to add your own perspective to these events to tell people what happened or to give to the media should we escape?"

Tag

22. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Lucy
    August 10th 6pm

"Mom!"
    Lucy screamed and went to run for the room. She didn't get very far before she was grabbed from behind by some soldier type.
    "Let me go you monster, that's my mom!!Get me go!!"
    One of the other scientists walked over to the scene. He wore glasses and had a lanky, ill-tempered to him.
    "Doctor Scott, I instructed you to bring your daughter down here. I did not tell you to let her run around like a wild thing." He said, looking at Lucy. Paul shifted uncomfortably.
    "Yes, sorry. I should have prepared her for this."
    "Well sorry or not, I need to inform you that your test subject is in the final stages. The virus is doubling its potency and speed over time, which is in keeping with preliminary tests and research."
    Lucy got out of the soldier's grip.
    "Test subject? Research? That is my mother! I thought you were trying to find a cure!" Said Lucy, looking at Paul. Paul nodded.
    "We are, but in order to cure, you must first understand. Rosa.....your mother and I were very much in love, but she's dying and at the speed she's going we won't be able to find a cure in time. I'm sorry."
    Lucy paused, looking helplessly at the room where her mother lay, seemingly unconcious and strapped to a bed.
    "Mom...." She said quietly. There was so much her mother had done for her, but now....
    The Umbrella scientist sniffed in disgust at her and turned to Paul.
    "We've been unable to contact Dr. Birkin, but other than that everything down here should be secure. Dr Scott I need you to take blood samples from infected and non infected and study them. You daughter here can actually make herself useful in that respect." He smiled unpleasently and walked away.
    Lucy was still, thinking through all the details about what she would do next, wonderrng how long she would have to wait.

Paul led her to a lab table where lay all the nessicery tools. He took Lucy's arm and drew blood, placing on a samme band-aid, all the time refusing to look at her.
    "Lucy, I'm sorry. I swear all I was told was that if I helped them we would be allowed to get out of the city safe. But I promise that I never wanted this to happen. I know that your father meant a lot to you and all I have tried to do is be a good dad I can be for you." He said. Lucy nodded quietly. She believed Paul. She didn't entirely have a reason to, but she did. However she was also watching, and waiting for a chance.
    It soon came.
    A Tall muscular type was on the other side of the glass lab doors, getting ready to open it, fumbling with his card key.
    "Dad." Said Lucy, "Listen. I don't blame you for this. It's them, it's Umbrella's fault. These people are evil and I'm sorry but I can't stay here. Take care of mom. If she can still understand you, tell her I love her."
    "Lucy, what are you?....." Paul looked and saw the door. He nodded, understanding. Lucy smiled.
    "I love you dad. Thank you."
    "I love you too Lulu. Run. Find a way out of the city, any way. When they let me go I'll come find you." He kissed her on the forehead.
    The door opened with a slide and a hiss. Lucy ran, pushing past the man and went full pelt up the stairs. She had to get away, she couldn't stay here with these people that would hold people like prisoners instead of helping them.

She ran down corridors, some filled with panicking people, others abandoned. It was chaos. Suddenly she ran into a whole group of undead coming towards her.
    "Lu!" A voice cried. Lucy turned. Down the end of the adjasent corridor was an open door, with Mia standing in it. Ducking under the arm of one of the undead, Lucy ran for it, falling through the door and onto the floor gasping for air. Mia slammed the door and went to help Lucy up. Looking round the room there were three other people. Frank and his daughter Hannah who lived on their street, and some guy she didn't know. He looked like a biker, maybe one of Mia's friends.
    "Are you OK?" Asked Mia.
    "I'm fine." Said Lucy, "but what are you all doing in here?" She asked.
    "Those people, those monsters," spoke up Frank, "They're all over t

23. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: Reiko
    August 10th 8:37pm

Reiko remembered seeing on television a documentary on the MASH hospitals in Vietnam, specifically the horrendous state they were in especially when American forces began their retreat. As she finally walked through the front doors to see the chaos inside she felt like one of the army nurses trying to keep order, at least that's how she would have felt had her feelings not been so low. The paramedic immediately spotted Dr Greg Steveren, his shouted orders amidst the carnage and confusion muted to her ears.
    "Where's your patient?" he asked when he noticed her. The way Reiko hung her head told the story.
    "Some murdering ******* smashed into the ambulance," she explained feebly. Feeling compelled to act she ran over to help, not knowing how welcome the gesture would be. Reaching for a gurney to help transport the male that had the large gouge in his shoulder she thought it was about time to raise the one question that had been plaguing her all night. "Would somebody tell me just what the hell's going on?" Greg's stressed voice cut through the air.
    "City's under siege, there's been rioting over town." He paused in his explanation to yell at an orderly to call the police back about clearing the roads. "Rumor is that virus outbreak was on the money."
    "So it was true?" Reiko wondered. She looked up at the sound of a crash to see one patient trying to bite the nurse tending to him. Greg ran to help but was knocked back.
    ******* useless. Reiko picked up a chair and smashed the zombie in the back of the head, which only seemed to draw it's attention to her. As it reached out she grabbed the monster's head and smashed it into the desk, before using it's stunned state to put it in a headlock.
    "Mind if I use your office?" Not waiting for an answer Reiko walked as the zombie tried to bite her or break free. But the way she had him he couldn't get the leverage, couldn't muscle itself out of the hold. A smash against the door opened it before she let go, the zombie immediately going for her throat. Reiko swung the door against him as hard as she could before slamming it closed. She watched as it began to work out the handle before a chair was placed in front of it.
    "Were you bit?" Greg asked. Reiko checked herself quickly before shaking her head.
    "Don't think so." She saw a cop dead on the floor and pondered whether he'd be next. "Good to see the police are trained for this sort of thing." Greg ignored the sarcasm.
    "We've been calling them for the last hour, no response." Greg pointed out the people around, hospital staff and their patients. "Someone has to go there in person, get them to do something."
    "What use have they been so far?" Reiko asked.
    "None so far," Greg conceded. "But the STARS have gone, we have no choice but to hope we can rely on them." Reiko began to figure out that we really meant she, and walked over to the dead officer. One hard kick to the head confirmed he wasn't moving and she reached down for his weapon. Reiko's eyes lit up at seeing the sidearm wasn't the older Browning HPs, but the new issue VP70. Whatever was made of the STARS' allegations someone had given them enough weight to bring in the better guns, or it might have just been the attacks beforehand. Whatever the reason for it being here, the fine piece of German engineering would be a great weapon against the undead, or maybe those assassins Reiko came across.
    "In that case, someone ought to try and make their way there." Reiko figured she was up to the task.

Tag: all

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Arline Taggert (Artie)
    Inside Police Station
    August 10th 1998 - 6:55pm

Artie was in the space behind a desk, curled up, waiting for her brother to come through the door. Zack was the next one through the door. He rushed into the station, pressing himself up against a wall to let the others through as he carefully placed Pocket's bag down beside his feet. Pockets ran into the station and safety, for the moment at least. As he entered he let himself lean against one of the counters, his breathing slowing again. After a short while he reached into the larger bag and pulled out one of the latest digital video cameras before powering it on a looking around and beginning to speak, narrating.

Artie looked out a bit more, her catchers mask peeking over the edge, as James finally came running in, carrying a bag as well. He was breathing hard and sweating like mad, but he made it in, and quickly moved out of the way so the officer at the door, could shut it. He looked around, until he saw Artie's head, and then gave her a grin.

Pockets was talking into some camera now. "Some kind of Zombie outbreak like from some sleezy horror film is taking place here, in Raccoon City, we have no idea what is causing it but if it turns for the worst and none of us make it out, which scarcely bares thinking about, hopefully this recording will serve as evidence of what has happened. Moments ago, arriving with strangers turned friends at the police station, we have reached a temporary safe haven, hopefully it will last until we can get a plan for escaping the city put together." He moved to one of the windows looking out upon a street, with one of the horde groups slowly walking, towards what was unknown, although he had a few guesses.

Artie sank back down behind the desk, and rocked quietly. She was glad they had made it to the police station, but she was scared. She jumped when James came close, and sat down next to her. She turned and grabbed on to him tightly, holding on as she bit her lip. Pockets was still talking, but she didnt care what he was saying. She only wondered what they would try next.

James spoke up then. "Thanks..for opening the door, man. It's getting hairy out there." he looked around the station. "You guys look like you having a time too." James looked down at Artie a sec, and then back up at the cops.

"Do you guys have any maps of the city, that would show the underground access points?..ya know..sewers?" he asked them, once the doors were secured.

Tag: Radiance, Yuul_Shamar, Anime_Fan, Radiance

25. Radiance

Sep 19, 2007
    August 10th 1998, 7:00pm

There was quite a few of them. That was a good sign. Leon shut the door as the last of them made it in. He flicked the lock and walked over to the group, immediately looking them over for injuries.

Kid will make a fine cop if we survive this....

One of the younger civilians had a camera and was recording out of the window of the events that were unfolding. It was a good idea. Gabriel could certainly understand the boys thought process in doing so. Among the group was a young girl and her older brother, apparently the one that drove them all here according to him overhearing the kid with the camera.

He placed a hand on Leon's shoulder and whispered to him.

"Go and find Redfield, if we are going to get out of here we are going to need all the help we can find. She seems to be mature enough to handle some firepower." Leon nodded and took his radio back from Gabe. Then went to a corner to speak quietly into it.

Gabriel's police instinct took over as he knelt down beside the girl and her brother.

"It's good that you all made it here. I'm Sergeant Gabriel Ciparzo. The young strapping lad that held the door for you is Officer Leon Kennedy. You will be ok now, we will protect you. What are your names?"

"Claire?....*gunshots heard over radio*.... CLAIRE!"

Leon grabbed his pistol and ran to a door.

Gabriel stood and looked after him.

"Leon! Where are you going?!"

Leon called back over his shoulder. "Get them out! I have to save Claire!"

Gabriel gave a hopeless sigh and slammed his fist on the desk. He forewent the good cop expression for the kid and motioned for all of them to come closer to him.

"Do you guys have any maps of the city, that would show the underground access points?..ya know..sewers?"

Gabe looked over at the driver.

"I don't know, today was both me and Leon's first day. I don't know where they would keep anything like that if there was one here. Look. I'm not going to lie to you. This is a very dangerous situation. I will do my best to get you all to safety but I am just one guy. I am going to need your help."

He noticed that one of the elder males of the group was already carrying a pistol. He nodded. That was a good sign.

"I want the three men here to arm themselves with whatver they can. There is a duffel bag and backpack under the center desk over there. Get yourselves familiar with the weapons but don't fire them. Don't even load them, I will show you how to load each one that you pick up. For now just grab some firearms and place them on the desk. As much as you can bear to carry. Young lady, you are with me, help me find a map if there is one. I would think that there would be some maps down here... somewhere."

Gabriel left them to their tasks and went over to the walls that had some wall maps on them, studying each one for something useful.

The kid had had a good idea. The sewers would still lead out of the city. It wasn't a pleasant route but it wasn't as if the group could just go to the highway entrance and......

Gabriel ran back to the desk and smiled with relief as there was still one radio on the charger.

"Leon, how did you get into the city?"

Static was his response before a short answer.

"....Highway..."

"Is that route still open?"

".... egative... r..ute blocked ...ex...losion."

"Can we get around it?"

"....oubt it.... m...ght be worth a ...ry"

He would use that as a direct means to get out of the city but getting there was a problem. Gabriel's heavy duty squad car was still parked outside but there wasn't enough room for all of them. He had to think...

A single hand went through his hair as he looked at the cieling, hoping the answer would come to him.

tag, all in room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.