main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Resident Halo X

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by ForceTheologian, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Prologue

A lone figure stands atop of a building. A bookbag is on his back, and a sword at his side. His light brown hair moves with the wind. His eyes seem to scan every inch of what can be seen. The tall white building overlooks what seems to be the downtown area of a long destroyed city. The stores with broken windows. The railroad tracks, long time without use. And the neighborhoods beyond.

"It happened here. The start of the apocalypse. Here the viruses that caused the Undead to be made into existance was released. This was Rocky Mount, North Carolina. That was twenty years ago. Not only did Humanity suffer the Undead, but also the aliens known as the Covenant. Between here, Old Roanoke Rapids, and Raliegh, my Father and his friends learned of and fought this apocalypse. And, they learned about the one, who was one of their own, who betrayed them. The one that started the apocalypse. Since then, this world has gone to Hell, and became Hell. The Covenant has taken over. They destroyed our larger cities and replaced them with their megacities. New York, Los Angeles, D.C., London, Paris, all of them are gone. Hell, all of Japan became one big megacity. If us, humans, are in a megacity, we are either imprisoned, slaves, or dead. It's a little easier to survive outside the megacities, but we still have the Undead to worry about. On a clear night, you can see the Covenant's Grand Mothership that watches over the Earth. It's probably the size of Old Texas, maybe twice over."

"Not all hope is gone though. I'm a member of the Human Resistance. We fight the Covenant and the Undead with the hope that they can be ultimately defeated. The Human Resistance is lead by the man who raised me since my Father's death. We, with the Resistance know that the Covenant was originally real. We know that they came from a video game world. Well, we did at least put a stop to any more aliens coming over. But, the price was high. I lost close people to me in that battle."

"But, anyway, this sh!t has got to end. The Resistance must succeed. I lead my little team. I'm twenty-one years old. I've lived through the thickest of this Hell. My name is Jackson Kermon, and with my friends, I will do my part on crunchin' some heads."

Jackson turns around and walks to the roof access door. He opens the door, stops to look up at the sky, and then enters the building, closing the door behind him.

2. Drakkor_Knightmoon

Drakkor_Knightmoon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2004
    pretty interesting so far.......

3. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Oooooh, very cool! That would put my kids at about the same age as him! :)

Logan a little older and Colin a little younger, I would think...

More, FT, more!

4. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    Don't worry there is more to come. But, I do need a little help from you all. Well, what I mean is I need to know the names of all of the children of the Eastern Rim. Now I've got Riff's, I guess I just need Fett's and Eddie's? Is that all? Just 4 Fathers? Man. I know, I'll give the rest of you time. Hey, you're young, right?

The reason behind all of this is that I loved Shindo's story. I thought it was a bad mofo piece of Fan Fiction. Or maybe it was who the heros were. Maybe both. But, anyway, I decided to skip 20 years, and by that time "Hell" would be the best way to describe a post-apocalyptic Earth. But, don't worry, I've got all the main big plot events in mind. So, if Shindo will get to work on where he left off at. Then, maybe, he can tell the story of how we got to the point where I'm writing at. Well, I hope he can write about 20 years. Well, at least the main stories that would come from that time. hehehe

Until next,
    FT

5. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Samantha and Patrick.

6. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    The next morning...

Jackson is looking in a book, studying its contents, trying to understand any of it. He starts to get frustrated about it, and wonders what his father tried to tell him. He closes the notebook, rubs his eyes, and takes a deep breath. When he opens his eyes he sees his girlfriend before him. Her name is Alexis. She's a short thin girl with big eyes. She puts a hand through her short black hair. "Are you ok, Jackson?" "Yeah, fine. Just looking over Dad's journal." Alexis raises her eyebrows. "Hmm. Any luck?" "Nah. I don't know. It's all weird." "Well, don't wear yourself out on it." Jackson looks towards a small craft. "Is everything ready?" "Yeah, Colin is finishing packing everything up now. And, Alan is preparing to take off." "Okay. Let's go." Jackson puts his father's journal in his book bag, gets up, and walks with Alexis to the small ship.

In the cock pit, Alan is throwing switches. The small aircraft starts to power up. "Hey, Kermon, everything done?" Jackson has a seat in the co-pilot chair. "Just like every year about this time." "So, where're we goin'?" "To the base. Gotta talk to the Guy." Jackson buckles himself in "Got it.", Alan throws a switch on the panel to his side. "Hey. Is everything set back there?" Alexis's voice comes from a speaker, "Everything's secure." Then Colin's, "I'm ready." Jackson pushes a few buttons, "Let's hit it."

"I know. How are we ridin' in something that too advanced for a post-apocalyptic world? Well, within the Covenant's megacities, technology flourishes. And, sometimes we get our hands on some equipment, weapons, or vehicles. Sometimes, I guess, it's one's own creations that can help an enemy's intentions. We have made some good uses of the Covenant's technological works. I'm findind it more and more that anything is posable. Although, I can not understand my father's writings, what they mean and what they are to tell me about our enemy, who we haven't seen recently, I'm sure that my father wasn't too mad when he died."

The ship flies low, so that any activity on the ground can be seen. The heros have their mission, and that's what they aim to do. Not long of flying south by southwest from where they took off, activity is seen. Colin's voice is heard on a speaker in the cock pit, "Hey, guys, I see some undead possably chasing humans." "Take'em out." At the command, Colin fires his guns from his seat at the bottom of the ship. His shooting is true, and easily takes out the Undead, leaving the young woman and a boy safe from harm. "Good work, Colin." "Thank you." The craft lands in a decent spot.

Jackson and Alexis walk off the ship, leaving Alan and Colin in their positions, just in case. Jackson gives the two people a look over. The young woman is about in her twenties, and the boy is no more than ten. The young woman has long brown hair, and the boy is blonde. They are both carrying bags to gather suppies or whatever else can be found. "You okay?", Jackson looks at Alexis, then looks at the two people, "Did they hurt you in any way?" "We're fine.", the boy is short of breath. Alexis steps forward, "Do you live around here?" "Yeah." Alexis looks around, "We just left Rocky Mount, and only got so far as Wilson. Man." Jackson chuckles at this, "Pretty much.". He turns towards the other two, "Let us make sure that you get home okay." The young woman finally speaks, "Thank you. I'm sure my father would want to thank you as well." "Cool."

Jackson, Alexis, and the two others board the ship and then fly off to the home of these survivors. After they land, the young woman and boy quickly run into the house before the ship can even power down.The four heros deboard their ship when an older man in his probably later 50's exits the house. He is tall, bald, and wears an eye patch over his left eye. A scar is lies around that eye, showing that sometime he must have lost his eye in battle. "My daughter tells me you saved them from some zombies?" Jackson steps forward the man, "Yes, sir." "Then come in, let's talk if you got the time." "Sure."

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Pretty cool so far, FT. :)

8. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    Just wait. Muahahahahaha.

FT

9. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    I hope i'm still a live and maybe have like some youngins with jill hehe that help out :p some one to pass on the only use for the explorer to, ARMOR:p

10. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    The older man and the band of heroes come into the house and sit the living room as an older woman brings a tray of beverages for everyone. The older man looks at the heroes with a wondering eye. "Why are you looking at us like that??, Colin feeling a little nervous. "I don't know why, but you boys look somehow familiar.? Alan comes into the conversation, ?You know something, I get the feeling that I?ve met you before, but I can?t remember for sure.? Jackson takes a swig of his tea and speaks, ?Well, I guess we should introduce ourselves. My name Jackson Kermon and this is Alexis Perry, Alan Keeter, and Colin Cobb.? The older man starts to have a look on his face of a mixture of shock and happiness. ?I can?t believe it. You three have grown up so much. I can?t believe it. I?m sorry Miss Perry, I don?t recognize your name, but these boys! Wow!? Jackson, Alan, and Colin all look at each other for a moment. Colin breaks the silence amidst the older man?s amazement, ?I don?t get it. But, we have known each other for about all of our lives. So, if you know one of us, you should know the rest of us, but who are you?? ?I?m sorry, my name is Eddie Baker, your fathers knew me as Eddie-Wan.? Alan thinks for a second and then his eyebrows raise, ?Oh yeah, I think I remember you now. You were a member of the Fan Force twenty years back.? ?Yes.? Jackson and Colin look over at Alan, and Alan returns the glance, ?You two were babies back then, so I know you two wouldn?t remember.?

The family and the heroes talk for a couple of hours about the good and the bad of the last twenty years. The heroes learn that the boy that they saved was not a member of the Baker family, but an orphan that they took in. They were also updated on how there were not so many zombies anymore. Jackson finishes off his glass of tea, ?Well, we need to get going. We have to get to the Human Resistance base as soon as possible.? The heroes say their good byes and board their ship. Eddie-Wan and his family watch as the ship rises and speeds off into the distance.

Hours later, Jackson and his friends approach the Human Resistance base hidden beneath the Earth. In the hanger, the ship lands and powers down. There are several other ships like this here. The four exit the ship with bags in tow. Alan sighs at the sight of the base, ?I need a drink. So, if you need me I?ll be at the bar.? Colin follows, ?I?m with you, bud.? The two friends walk off towards the base?s bar, leaving the couple to be alone. ?At last, just me and you.?, Alexis smiles. Jackson chuckles, ?Well, I still need to see the Guy.? Alexis sighs, ?Ok, I?ll be at home waiting for you.? Alexis walks away.

In a dimly lit office, a man sits behind the desk. He is looking at his two hands, lost in thought. Jackson walks up to the door, and knocks. The man puts on some gloves and a pair of sunglasses, and turns on the light, ?Come in.? Jackson walks into the office, ?Hey, guy.? ?What?s up, Jackson?? ?Just coming by to see what you have planned.? The man, who has just as many grays in his hair as his natural hair color, takes off his sunglasses, and rubs his eyes with a finger and a thumb. When he opens his eyes, the lights show that they are solid white. ?Everything is pretty much the same as it always is. I understand that the number of undead has decreased, and I think the Covenant is more worried about their megacities and lunar mining facilities than us. Is there anything else new?? ?Yes, we did rn into an old friend of yours after we left Rocky Mount.? ?Who?? ?Eddie-Wan.? ?Interesting.?, a smile comes to Lodreh?s face. ?Maybe you should take a break for about a week or so, along with your crew. So, go tell your crew and come see me tomorrow about your visit with Eddie-Wan.? ?Thanks, Lodreh.?, You?ll know how to reach me if I?m needed.? ?Yeah.? Jackson gets up and leaves the office.

As Jackson walks down the corridor, he pulls out a communicator device, ?Jackson to Alan.? ?I copy you.? ?Good. Just spoke to Lodreh, we?re on leave for about a week. So, have fun.? ?You and Alexis have fun.? ?We w

11. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    Btw, , if you wanted to incorporate a daughter of mine, even though I don't have one...Raven would be her name, and about this time, she would be a nice cute young lady with brown hair always worn in braids and a short fuse at times...
    And as for what happened to me, I will get on that right away.

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, if we gotta give more details on our kids, I can say this about Colin and Logan.

Logan - unafraid. Of anything. Stubborn, temper, sharp. Actually, as of the moment, his temper is REALLY bad. whew. But he is a good kid, though. :)

Colin - Big Boy. You should see the twos latest Christmas picture together. If Colin continues to grow this way, he will be a hoss. Hes also strong as a bull, but very very good natured, and smiles all the time, even though he is toting two ear infections as we speak. (He has to have tubes put in his ears at the end of the month.)

Both have blue eyes, Logan has blonde hair, Colins is Strawberry Blonde.

13. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    why do you have to assume that you don't have like a siamese child or something strange like that shindo? what if she was blonde or a redhead and what if she liked having her hair short?

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey, its his Genepool, let him be selective. :)

15. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    Many thanks, Riff. I was just using some generalization...I'm not writing a novel or anything-lol

16. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    The next day?

Jackson knocks on Holder?s office door. ?Come in.? Jackson enters the office to find that Holder has already been joined by a guardsman. The Captain of the Guard turns his head towards Jackson. He is now bald, a metal plate covers part of the left side of his face with a cybernetic eye glowing a gentle red from where his left eye was. The Captain smiles, ?Hey, Jackson.? Jackson looks a little surprised, ?Cam. It?s been a while.? Cam reaches out his hand to shake Jackson?s, ?How?s life treating you?? ?The best it can, I guess.?, Jackson sits in the other chair beside Cam. Jackson looks over to Holder, ?Have you told him who I bumped into?? Holder nods. Cam?s eye brow rises as he speaks, ?Yeah. What?s up with old Eddie-Wan?? Jackson starts to tell Holder and Cam about how his crew saved Eddie-Wan?s daughter, Samantha, and the boy the Baker family had taken under their wing. He also tells them that Eddie did feel fine at home where he was and is getting too old and tired of fighting on the front lines with the Resistance. Even though his son seemed restless while they were there, but Eddie told Jackson that his son was needed at home.

Holder sighed, ?Maybe someday he?ll come. I?m sure some of us would like to see him.? ?Yeah. It?s been years since we?ve seen him.?, Cameron looks towards Holder. ?Well, I?m going to meet up with Alexis and get some lunch. So, I?ll see you guys later.?, Jackson stands to go. Cameron stands himself and shakes Jackson?s hand again, ?It was nice seeing you again, Jackson.? ?Yeah.? Jackson walks out of the office, leaving the two older men alone. Cam?s eyes squint for a moment, ?Is it just me or?? Holder grins, ?or does he remind me of Padre?? ?Yeah.? ?Jack, always reminds me of John. I just wish that John was still around. See how his son turned out. He?s just like him.?

Jackson walks down a corridor, ?So, just how did Cam get that cybernetic left eye? Well, I?ve mentioned before that we, the Human Resistance, know that the Covenant was originally not real. That they came from a made up universe. And how we made sure that no more Covenant aliens can come into our reality. Well, Cam was on that mission to permanently close their portal from their reality into ours. He was the only one to come back. He was the first to sign up for the mission even. I guess the main thing that keeps him fighting is that he will never forget that they took his little buddy. Dustin, but I think they called him Poldu. I think I remember him, no real memories, but more like an image in the back of my mind. But, yeah, Cam barely came back from that mission. He crash landed his vehicle. When the medic team got to him, they found that the explosion had tore into his face and, between the damage he received from the fighting and the explosion, he lost his legs. The medics were able to stabilize him, and later through the miracle of science replaced his left eye and both legs. It was the first operation of such a thing. And since that was a success, Holder?s right arm was replaced with a cybernetic one. The only other thing about Holder though, he didn?t want cybernetic eyes. Something that the guy who betrayed them did, I?m not sure what, is what blinded Holder. Holder has told me that even though he can?t see normally, he can see living people, no real distinguishing characteristics, but he can see them. I don?t know. He said that people look like they were a body of energy, or something to the like. But, that mission Cam came back from? We lost some good friends and fighters. Mainly, Jimmy Gendron, and Daniel, who was Poldu?s brother, both died. The rest of the fighters who joined them died too. But, Daniel was the only real blood family I had left. He was my Dad?s cousin, but I looked up to him like an uncle. I miss him a lot. Cam told me that he died bravely, and how he wouldn?t have got home if it weren?t for him.?

Jackson walks to a wall with pictures and looks at a picture with the words ?Team Shadowdwarf? underneath it. The picture shows the members of the team that went on that mission to

17. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Cool :cool:

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

18. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    "Holder sighed, ?Maybe someday he?ll .... "

WHAT?!! Oh, my!

19. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    "... with a rebel yell, she cried more, more, more..."

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

20. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    Jimmy died. :(

21. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    Four days later?

At the bar are three friends, each have a drink in front of them. Jackson, Colin, and Alan talk about the better times with smiles on their faces. Suddenly, a loud noise comes forth from the loud speakers located everywhere within the Human Resistance base. A voice then speaks with instruction, ?Attention. Attention. Infantry Teams Red, Blue, & Gold, report to Briefing Room A. Air Teams Green, & Red, report to Briefing Room B. Alpha, Beta, and Gamma teams, report to Briefing Room C." Jackson stands from his seat, "That's us." Alan sighs, "Damn." Colin takes the moment to down the rest of his Blue Milk. The three friends along with others in the bar leave.

As the Infantry and Air teams recieve their briefings, the Commanders with their teams recieve their own breifing. An older gentleman, probably in his later forties by the look of him, stands in front of a room looking much like a community college classroom. "Gentlemen and Ladies, we just recieved word from field operatives, namely the Delta Team, that the Epsilon Team was attacked and crash landed in the mountains of Nevada." The man points to a spot on the map, "About here. You will have to cross the Kandas Wasteland. So, be carefull flying through this area." He clears his throat for a moment and continues, "Your mission is to lead the Infrantry and Air Support teams to rescue the members of Epsilon Team." A moment's pause, "Before Epsilon Team's radio silence, Delta Team did recieve a transmission that had interference then ultimately interupted. I will play that transmission for you now."

The Older man presses a button, and on a speaker alot of static is heard, then a voice, "---ta Tea--, De-- Tea--, This is Comm---er Lewis, we nee------ance, Oh, sh---m--God-----e foun--- som-----ng, send hel---, Cov-----nt presence, an----lent-----bies, we'll be -----ting th-----load.", then more static. The older man presses another button to stop the audio.

The older man continues, "As you all heard, Commander Lewis seemed to come across enemy forces, and we believe something else, but we don't know what. Good luck with your mission, and may God be with you." The teams stand and leave the briefing room to board their ships.

22. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    Sorry it took so long for me to get more up here. Lot of stuff going on and the holidays slowed me down. I should have more up in a day or two or so.

FT

23. Templar_Assassin

Templar_Assassin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
  24. nashcoVandal

nashcoVandal Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2005
    I like... I like...

25. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    bring more more more...