main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Resident Halo X

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by ForceTheologian, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceTheologian

ForceTheologian Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Three hours later...

The six ships that left the Human Resistance base now touches down in the mountains of Nevada, while the fighters continue to cover the skies. The infantry teams and The Alpha, Beta, Gamma teams also file out. Commanders Jefferson, Hunter, and Kermon each take an infantry team. The Commanders and their crews arm themselves with various weapons. The three teams found a large entrance which appeared to lead into an underground facility. Jackson's comm sounded, "Green Leader to Commanders, we have confirmation on massive zombie targets east by southeast of your location." "Thank you, Green Leader.", answered Commander Jefferson.

"Since we were always so busy doing this and that, I never really got to know them personally, but Commander Ryan Jefferson was a little shorter than most men his age, but he did make up for it with determination, and a willingness to use intimidation whenever he saw fit. The three crew members of his Alpha team composed of Michele Floyd, Scott Stark, and David Walker. Commander Jennifer Hunter, who had been hanging around with the Resistance since the beginning, I know at one time became the love interest of Colin, but nothing came out of it. Her Beta team was made up of Jeremy Foster, Angelika Rice, and Ron Grant."

Jefferson turned to Jackson, "We'll take care of the zombies, you and Hunter get in there and get to Lewis." Jackson nods. Commander Jefferson took two infantry teams with him as he and his team took off towards the southeast direction given. Jackson and Commander Hunter lead their teams, along with the remaining infantry team, toward the entrance of the underground facility. The door was already damaged and ajar. "Some zombies could have already got in here.", Commander Hunter said looking around. "Yeah." The fourteen Human Resistance members walked in with caution as they explored the facility. Later, the Resistance members came to a fork in the corridors. Jackson pointed out to Hunter that he will take the right corridor, and motioned for three of the infantry members to follow him. As quietly as they could, each team proceeded into the two corridors. Jackson was leading his team as he and Alan both took turns to quickly glance around the corner to see if any enemies were there.

Suddenly the faint sound of gunfire echoed through the halls. Jackson took out his comm and activated it, "Hunter, what's going on?" More gunfire was heard through the corridors. After a moment or two, Jackson's comm sounded and a voice appeared amongst the continuing gunfire, "Hunter here, zombies definitely got in. We got about a dozen lost in here, but we can handle... wait. Ron! Oh my god! Oh, no, Ron! Ron are you..? Gotta go, Kermon. Ron's been bitten." Jackson looked toward the direction that his team had just come from and then looked down for a moment. He looked up at Alan and motioned to continue.

2. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    Ok, ok, finally, more has been posted. (see page 1) Now that I have started to play Halo on my PC, I'm starting to get it in me. I'll have more before you know it, but on the other hand I always say that, don't I?

FT
    JK

3. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    Jackson's team eventually finds the corridor opening into a large room filled with crates and other things. The team lines up on both sides of the hall. Looking toward his team, Jackson places a finger to his mouth, looks at Alan, and then taps his finger to his ear. Alan looks into the room, shakes his head, and silently mouths some words, "Wall, ten feet." Jackson nods. Quietly he switches walls, and looks at a high stack of crates. Jackson then looks towards Colin and points out the crates, and makes further motions with his hands towards the others.

Jackson takes a deep quiet breathe and motions for his team to enter the room. They all quickly and quietly enter. As everyone takes a position, Jackson, who can hear the high pitched voices and a couple of growling ones much clearer now, looks over the crate he is hiding behind to see a squad of Grunts with a couple of Elites. He counts down with his fingers and as he finishes he points to Alan who throws a plasma grenade over the crates towards the Covenant aliens. "Ah! What was that?!? What hit my back?!?", one high pitched voice said. "Grenade!!!", said another. The grenade then explodes amongst the screams of the Grunts and an Elite. Jackson gives the signal and his team with the three infantry member that join them start firing on the aliens. Bullets and plasma bursts fly back and forth. The grunts fall easily, but the Elite's energy shielding save them from damage. Luckily for the Humans, only one of the infantry members got shot. Another grenade is thrown, this time a fragmentation grenade, which kills off the last of the Grunts and an Elite. The sound of firearms being reloaded start echoing throughout the room. The remaining Elite roars in anger and rushes the Humans to give them death with a quick melee strike. But as a loud bang echoes in the room, the Elite stops and falls flat on it's face. A voice calls out in joyous victory, "One shot, one kill, eh? Haha!" Then Colin raises his head from the spot that Jackson had pointed out to him earlier. "All right. All right. Get down from there. Let's go."

"Colin is a good guy. Not too much younger than I am. But he's always getting too much into using a sniper rifle. It's like an obsession with him. But who can really blame him? He, as well as I, grew up hearing about the way his father would use a sniper rifle. And ever since Colin's dad and brother, Logan, disappeared about three years ago, I guess Colin kinda feels like his dad is with him when squeezes off the rounds. Pretty much like with me, whenever I draw out my sword, I get a feeling like my Dad is helping me fight, like he is guiding me."

As they wait for Colin to climb down, Alexis attends to the wounded infantry member, using the medic kit in her backpack. When she finishes, she helps him up and walks him over to everyone else. They continue on, knowing that now the Covenant aliens and zombies, if any, will be ready for them.

4. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Nice... keep it coming... :cool:

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

5. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
  6. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    When is the next update?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

7. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    Jackson and his team along with the infantry members search further into the base. After searching through many more corridors and offices, the accumulated team approaches a huge door. Alexis inspects the console on the wall next the door, "Jackson, It's locked. I'm not sure if I can get it opened." "Keep trying." After many failed attempts, a infantry soldier steps forward, "Sir?" "Yes, Private?" "May I try?" Jackson looks over towards Alexis. She shrugs. Jackson looks to the Private, "Go ahead." The Private walks over to the console, searches it for a moment, then takes out a tool. The private opens the panel below the console and messes with the wiring. Suddenly, lights and a beeping sound goes off, and the door opens. Impressed, Jackson gives a little chuckle towards the Private. The Private shrugs, "No problem." Jackson glances at Alexis, eyebrow raised. Alexis is still looking at the Private, "Not bad, rookie. Wish I thought of that." "Don't get too excited.", Alan had already looked through the door, "It's a hole." Jackson turns with a look of confusion, "What do you mean a hole?" "See for yourself." Jackson, Alexis and the Private join the others at the door. Colin shines a flashlight into the sloping corridor, "Looks like some kind of platform elevator shaft, but I don't see the elevator." "Alexis, give me a glow stick.", Jackson reaches out a hand towards Alexis. She takes off her backpack and fumbles through the contents until she pulls out a foot long rod and hands it to Jackson. He breaks the tubing inside and shakes it. A bright neon yellow glow emits from the rod. Jackson throws the glow stick down the shaft and they all watch it fall and roll into darkness. "Hmm.", Jackson thinks for a moment, "We need to take this one slow. Bring out your cables."

After a moment, everyone has secured their cables to the floor and start to descend the elevator shaft. The seven scales the steep elevator shaft, taking each step carefully. Suddenly a ball of light flashes through the air. For a moment, there is silence. Everyone had stopped climbing, and are now staring at one of the infantry members. The infantryman is still, not making a sound, like he was solid frozen. And then it happened. Time, which seemed frozen itself, resumed as the frozen infantryman falls silently except for the thuds and the clangs of the fallen man's equipment banging on the shaft below the team. Jackson and the others look up as they hear the laugh of an Elite. "Oh, man", a half-whisper breaks the silence of the team. A deep voice echoes down the shaft, "Down here." A shower of plasma bolts start to fall towards the team. "Lock your cables, and return fire!", Jackson orders. Without hesitation, his crew obeys. Bullets and plasma cross paths as it becomes dreadful obvious that there are more than one or two up there. As the fire fight continues, occasional screams are heard from above. Suddenly, a loud thud sound starts down the shaft, but before any recognition is registered, the body of a Grunt, at full ramming speed, smashes into one of the remaining infantrymen, knocking loose the lock on his cable and sent him flying down the seemingly endless pit.

Jackson watched the body fall, and looks up just in time to see a Grunt coming his way. Jackson swung himself over just as the Grunt flew right by him. The sight of this brought a gasp Alexis' fearing face. Jackson righted his self, and looked up, "Alan. Throw a double." Jackson didn't hear acknowledgement back, but he knew the order was heard as Alan throws two plasma grenades up towards the attackers above. The grenades stuck to the surface of the elevator shaft, pulsating with blue light. "We're gonna have to detach and slide down", Jackson commanded. "What?!?", a voice sounded. "You heard him, Private", Alan reassured as he detached him self form the cable and started to slide. The other joined him, but as the Private slid down on his belly, he fired his rifle upward as the plasma grenades blew with a deafening BOOM. The shaft shook which caused everyone to bounce off the floor and to

8. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    The remaining five members of the squad slid til they met up with the metal rail of the elevator. The five hit with a thud as the small pieces of rubble shower them. Alan spots a doorway along the shaft's edge, shouts its location and enters before any of the massive chunks come crashing down. Everyone gets off the platform just as the larger chunks of rubble hit the platform, pushing it further down the shaft. Jackson and his team proceed cautiously through the storage areas and the offices. Everything stays quiet for some time. As the team continues scouting the office that they are currently in, the Private asks, "Where exactly are we?" Jackson scanning his surroundings, "No telling." Colin motions to the Private to be silent, but the Private continues, "What are we supposed to find here anyway?" Alan approaches the Private with a slightly angered look on his face and whispers, "Shut up, Private. We don't want to give our position away." The Private nods and continues on his search. He sees a folder on a desk and investigates. As he does, the rest of the team continues moving on.

Jackson, Alan, Colin, and Alexis enters another office. After searching it, Jackson calls everyone to him. He motions for silence as he is crouched by a door with a electric lock that seems to be functioning. Jackson points to his ear, and as they crew leans toward the door, they hear the sounds of heavy foot falls behind the door. Colin looks confusingly toward Jackson, who simply shrugs in return. Alan pulls out two frag grenades, and nods to Jackson. Jackson checks the door to find that it is locked. He motions for Alexis to do her magic. After a moment, there is a click. Jackson opens the door quickly and Alan throws the now unpinned grenades in. The grenades explode without any other sound. Alan goes in first followed by Colin, then Jackson, followed by Alexis. The four stop suddenly as the smoke clears. The sight before them makes all of their jaws drop in horror. Three creatures glare at them as two more lay dead on the floor. The creatures appear to be Elites, but different. Some of the Elites' flesh hangs loosely from their arms, legs, and face. "Oh, sh!t.", Jackson breaks the silence. Alan asks, "Are they infected?"

Without a word, Colin starts firing, backing himself towards the door. The others join him immediately. As the bullets fly, Jackson notices that the bullets are barely affecting the Elite zombies, "Let's get outta here!" Alan steps foward, still firing. One of the zombies drop, Alan continues, "Go ahead. I got ya covered." Jackson and the others clear out and Alan finishes up with another grenade as he dashes from the room. The four run into the office area, where they all take position setting up the creatures with crossfire. A moment later, one of the zombies comes through the door, a massive chunk is missing from its chest. The four fire upon the pitiful creature, dropping it almost instantly. After a moment of silence Colin drops his guard, "Was that it?" But as soon as he says this, the other Elite zombie comes through the door, screaming in a charge. The four resume fire, barely keeping the monster back. While screaming again, a blue light flashes by the four soldiers and the monster suddenly stops in its tracks. The four stop firing and see that a plasma grenade has appeared stuck in the creature's mouth. Alan drop kicks the beast back towards the door, as the others go for cover. As the zombie stumbles back, Alan controls his fall behind an overturned desk to cover himself. Then, BOOM!!!

Jackson stands and finds the monster died, and then looks behind him, "You. Where have you been?" The only remaining infantryman stands there, with his helmet removed. The soldier looks back and points, "In the other office. But..." But before he could finish, Alan is in his face with a solid fist crashing across the younger man's face. Jackson and Colin jump in to hold Alan back as he shouts, "Back there?!? We needed your help, you little son of a..." "Wait a minute.", Colin interupts, "Patrick?" At this Jackson takes a

9. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    Sorry that it's been taking me so long. More will come, just might take some time. Still got a bunch to go.

So, how do you like those plot twists? What next? Find out in less than 5 months.

FT

10. ForceTheologian

Jun 9, 2004
    I'm gonna be workin on this one later tonight. So, I should be posting up a little something either tommorrow or Monday.

FT

11. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    bring it on force now im dying for more of our stories... depending on things i might take a crack at it... or as Ivan Ooze would say "a quack at it" hehe. althought admitedly mine would be a bit more twisted and disturbing... the new weapon of umbrella corp... Barney-nemisis.

12. Shindo_the_Stricken

Shindo_the_Stricken Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2005
    Oh, Good Lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.