main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resignation from MotF Staff

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by motf-jan, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hello all,
    Just wanted to let you know that I have resigned my position as a staffer on MotF at Dragon*con. (Long story)
    I will still be attending Dragon*con along with a good bit of Dagobah Swamp Foxes! We think that this would be a great place to have a Southern Regional Fanforce meeting with the Rebels, of course as hosts. We are willing to help in any way if needed. The Spartinburg/Greenville group has also expressed an interest.

I look forward to having the time to actually visit with all the various fan force groups that attend for a change.

Please direct any questions reguarding MotF programming to Cathy Bowden-sf-motf@worldnet.att.net

Thanks,
    Janet

2. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Motf-jan:

Sorry to hear you resigned.

Allie Fox has been pushing for something similar, a Southeast FanFForce conference, with different cities discussed, including Atlanta at Six Flags. I'll paste the link below.

Southeast FanForce conference

I think his main concern is not getting lost in all the Dragon Con events. April is one date being discussed, though this is just that -- discussion.

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Wow, Jan. It'll be strange not to see you in the room as a staffer. But look at all the free time you'll have!

With our experience organizing the dinner at last year's DragonCon, it was a blast, but hard to pull off with all the other things competing for attention. But I suspect we'll still try.

Keep us posted!

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It will be odd not seeing you as a staffer, but like RosieWook said, at least you'll have more free time to enjoy the con. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.