main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Resignation...(resigned no longer....welcome back!!!)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I am no longer with FanForce. I resigned yesterday. Any Midwest questions should go to Sebulba-X

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    :eek: What the...! :(

What exactly does all this mean?

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I think you meant to say you're no longer with the FF staff, not FF alltogether. ;)

This situation is a sad one indeed for the Midwest region, but I can't thank Erica enough for everything she's done for me and these forums. Everything else I've had to say I've already said.

I'd really appreciate everyone's help in this transition state and ask for your patience moving forward.

Again, thanks Erica.

4. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    It means Sebulba-X is Lord of the Midwest.

I wanted to say more, but people were already asking questions. I wanted something quick, but wasn't prepared with a departure announcement. You all deserve more information than weird clandestine remarks. I finally managed to get my feelings and thoughts down.

FanForce has grown so much in the last two years. When it began on the old Bulletin Board system, ten people was a huge FanForce chapter and they were few and far between. Today, there are so many official chapters, that it?s hard to remember which person goes with what chapter. I don?t know most of as well as I wish, but I still wanted to say good-bye to you all.

I have now resigned my position, but will still be active with my local FanForce chapter. I?ve put so much time into FanForce, but I cannot do it anymore. It was easy to justify the hours when I saw so many positive things in return. Lately, it?s been harder to justify my time. I expect you all have been having some of the same difficulty. With the growth of FF comes more trolls (never fun), it also means so many more RSAs and CRs. We don?t all have the same leadership style. Mine is different than what is the current style in FF and I have lost my effectiveness. I like to take time to make decisions, look and all the questions, and give everyone a chance to chime in. It works when you are thinking of an organizational culture outside of the internet. No company makes drastic changes to policy in one day. Things go much faster online. I don?t like the way quick decisions are made on titles, colors, access. I feel they went to fast and without enough consideration. I?m a dinosaur in the internet age.

I interpret lack of consideration as lack of respect. I am not going to deal with angry members, swearing 14 year olds, backbiting, sexual harassment, color fights and everything else in between if there is no respect. Respect is pretty much the only reward any person in a leadership role gets in FF (unless some of you are secretly being paid in props).

I wish everyone the best of luck with their FF activities. I will be keeping my eye on the FF activities/con threads and hope to see some of you. If any of you are ever in Minnesota, PM me. Minnesota Force loves hosting dinners. :)

In parting, I ask that you think about how much your CR or RSA does to make this a fun place and keep people informed. Have you hugged your RSA and CR today? Have you thanked your fellow FF member for that laugh, toy tip, or trading card? I wish you all the best in your FanForce chapters.

May the Force be with you.

Erica

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Lord of the Midwest? Does that mean I need to battle off Orcs or something? :p

6. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Erica, you've had a long roller coaster ride as an RSA and you've done a great job at it. I know Seb-X will do a great job taking up the slack, and I hope you enjoy your time again as one of the "little people" ;)

7. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Happy Trails, chica. ;)

8. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I'm sorry to see you go, Erica :( Thank you for all of your help with the Lincoln FF! We will miss you :)

9. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "...it also means so many more RSAs and CRs. We don?t all have the same leadership style. Mine is different than what is the current style in FF and I have lost my effectiveness."

:( I hope I didn't have too much to do with that.

"I am not going to deal with ... backbiting"

I told you a long time ago you shoulda banned Marv Albert on sight. :p

10. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    All I can say is :(

11. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    As a leader of FF you will be missed. I can understand why you left. You are right in the way decisions should be made the "staff" of TFN needs to learn it.

All of the RSAs and CRs are volunteers and should be commended for their time and effort.

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I'm sure that we are all sorry to see you go, Erica. :( Thanks for all of the help you gave us at the Lincoln FF! :)

John

13. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Bobafemme, thank you for your hard work and dedication to FanForce! You put all of yourself in your position and the Midwest prospered and grew from it.

Those conditions would have burned out anyone. I really hope this is taken as a wake up call to make necessary changes. And respect is never too much to ask, certainly not when you're helping out for free.

In any event, MTFBWY, my friend! You have my admiration and respect for your dedication, sense of wit, fun personality, and for owning lovely shoes and purse! :p I'm glad you'll still be involved in your local chapter... we don't want to host any dinners without you! :)

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Your contribution to FanForce is, was, greatly appreciated. It's truly sad that things had to come to this. I will miss having you for RSA.

Phil

15. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
  16. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Man this bites.

Well I know you will still be with us here in Minnesota so I can take comfort in that!

17. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    'Femme, you rock! This is sad news indeed, but, hopefully you will have more time to kick back and enjoy life!

As I posted in the CR Forum...

We'll always have Lotus!

18. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
  19. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    :( You're great Bobafemme, and FF could do with more people like you (IMHO anyway). :)

At least the midwest is still in the capable hand of Sebulba-X. ;)

~*~Bria

20. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    Thanks everyone. :) And I look forward to mocking more silly girls grinding on no-line jedis at the next Celebration, Whojedi.

21. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    He he, no-line Jedi's!!!

22. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I'm sorry to see this Erica, I've really enjoyed see you put the smack down on some of these kids. I hope to see you again at some Minnesota event. (If they ever let me have some time off from work, the dirty *^&%$# *&^$#*.) Excuse me.
    Anyways, It was great meetiing you at Celebration. I'll keep an eye out for you.
    Take it easy.

23. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    'Femme, you did a terrific job. I believe your dedication and many hours of hard work are appreciated by those you served, even if not by the powers that be. Thanks for all you've done, for making FF a better community. And let me echo the wish that you enjoy your return to "little people" status. I hope it is a blessing.

Sebulba, I know you'll continue to take great care of us. What I've said about BF applies to you too. Thanks for your continuing efforts on our behalf.

MTFBWY both, A.

24. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Erica, this is something similar to what I posted in the CR forum, but I didn't realize that you did not have access. :)

It really is sad to see Erica go. She will be sorely missed by Fanforce. I just hope everyone takes a moment to step back and look at how far Fanforce has grown over the past year. Without Erica's help it would not be where it is now. :) We will all do what we can to take up the slack, but just remember that Fanforce is about getting together and having fun. Stars Wars is just something we all have in common. ;)

So with that, Erica, you have been a huge asset for us. You have helped me grow tremendously as an RSA, and I thank you for that. I hope everything goes well in your endeavors with your local FF, and if you ever need anything, you feel free to let me know. :D

Jay

25. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Erica,

You've been a wonderful RSA, and a great supporter for all of the Midwest forums! Sometimes, though, you gotta do what's right for Erica... and this is one of those times.

If anyone dares claim you were less than stellar as RSA, or even CR before that, let them taste cold steel! (or at least my rapier wit)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.