main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resignation

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm resigning my post as the Raleigh area Fan Force City Rep, effective with the election or appointment of a replacement, for reasons far too lengthly and complex to discuss here in this public forum.

The group needs some new blood to lead it, and there's plenty of great Star Wars fan talent who can take the reigns.

As my last official act as city rep, I'm creatiing a board of directors of Raleigh Fan Force members to decide how to nominate and choose a city rep replacement.

The new board is composed of:
    Natalie Doe (Jedi_Natalie) Director of Conventions
    Chris Flowers (Psycho_jedi) Director of Membership
    Brad Matthews (Bodo Janx) TTF.com Webmaster
    Stacey Hacker (Stacey113) Former Fan Force City Rep, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Jane Willer (Universal Destiny) 501st member and current Fan Force City Rep, Havlock, NC

I'll still be a member of the TTF and the 501st, I just won't be the event manager / project manager / marketing manager / community relations liason that I envisioned the city rep position to be. I'll leave it to the board of directors to determine the focus and direction of the club, the yahoogroup associated with this club, the website, and the city rep position itself.

For the past 3 years, since premiere night of AOTC, I've had the honor to be your leader amongst other leaders. I've made great friends that will last a lifetime. I know I'm leaving this group in capable hands.

All the best to everyone and yes, for the penultimate time,
    May the Force be with You!

Don Weinstein

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ahh Don this is sad for us :( . You've been the lead for so long. Perhaps with this we should consider going into some kind annual voting or something since the size of our group is growing. I nominate Stacey for the position since she has had previous experience. I would love to do it but this is a bad time right now for me and I have not been very active here in the last 6 months or so. My phone is always available to those that need help, advice, or ideas in all aspects of running the club and events.

3. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    COME TO YOU'RE SENSES!! SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS YOU CAN"T DO THIS! This about that stupid 501st crap? Forget it, its water under the bridge. I enjoyed the midnight showing and know it would not have been possible with out you. Don't resign.

4. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yah I don't think anyone wants to see Don leave the position...unfortunate events and I know things must be really stressful for Don anyway so I thought maybe there are other reasons behind this decision. Personally I don't know how Don has the energy to do everything he does. Hey at least the wedding will be something wonderful to look forward to.

5. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    While I am saddened by Don's decision to step down as CR and head of the TTF, I support him. Natalie is correct in the fact that I have had experience as a CR for Ft. Lauderdale, but for personal reasons I would rather not accept the nomination. I nominate Brad for this position. His skills at organization and his fresh ideas would do us good. I welcome the opportunity to be on the board and to be of any help I can. We all need to remember one thing in all of this, Star Wars is supposed to be about FUN. We need to keep stress out of our Star Wars stuff.

6. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    Thank you for the nomination to become CR Raleigh for the FanForce and Organizer for the Triangle Trade Federation. I am honored to be nominated for this position, and I am willing to take on the task. Though Don has stepped down from this position, he will always be a big part of Triangle Trade Federation and nothing will change that.

If given the opportunity to lead our group, I promise to help make the Triangle Trade Federation known throughout our Triangle community, create events that members can be apart of and have fun together, and increase active membership for our group.

Thank you again for the nomination,
    Bodo Janx

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    [Vader]NOOOOOO!!!![/Vader]

(to the resignation, not Bodo_Janx's nomination)

8. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Sorry to see you go, buddy! News travels fast....even in Flori-DUH!...Especially bad news. FF FT> Lauderdale wishes you all the best :)

-Axe
    President, Fanforce Ft. Lauderdale

9. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Thanks Axe! I miss you guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.