main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Resist or Serve (LOTF, Original Characters)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Errant_Venture, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Title: Resist or Serve
    Author: Errant_Venture
    Genre: Drama, Action, Violence
    Timeframe: Legacy of the Force
    Summary: Two GAG troopers just doing their job are caught in Jacen's sweep for power.
    Notes: Just brushing myself off as practice for reviving something I let die long ago.

?Stack up!? the voice of Staff Sergeant McDowell shouted over the ringing caused by a flash bang, which had just gone off thirty seconds earlier. Private Mira Tovik got up off her knees and sprinted across the small room to join her comrades alongside of a wall. She jumped in front of the three men and assumed her spot as point man for the breach that was about to occur. Forty five minutes ago a call had come through over the local wireless that Corellian sympathizers had taken a hostage in a residential area on the outskirts of Serenity, a small sector some four hundred kilometers from the heart of Coruscant.

She was the squads resident FNG or Frakking New Guy who?d just arrived two weeks earlier and this was her first real breach. She was scared to death but her training was good it kicked in right away. She heard the Sarge shout ?GO, GO, GO!?, Private Miller who was standing on the other side of the door kicks it in and leaps into line all while she was entering the fatal funnel. The fatal funnel is the area around a door where all attention is focused and with only one way in, this was the easiest place to get killed. She felt the Sarge grab her by the collar and together the two of them entered the room, her going left and he going right. Her head and the muzzle of her E-15A traversed the room searching for targets in plain view or hidden. She rushed across the left wall searching under desks and behind furniture, when she was sure that her area of responsibility was clear she shouted ?CLEAR!? She heard three other voices scream clear almost in unison as the other members of her team completed their search.

Again the command stack up sounded and she rushed to her position gulping. Upon the command of ?GO GO GO? Miller kicked in the door while she began to move in and immediately fell to the ground as four or five blaster rounds slammed into her chest and arm. McDowell second in line targeted the shooter and sent four rounds flying into the man?s head and torso. He continued to scan the room, seeing no one on his side, he heard shots being fired from Miller as he entered and went right. The pain was agonizing and to make things worse, one of her comrades stepped on her injured arm on the way into the room. As the team worked on clearing the room she just laid there crying trying to retain her wits as searing pain ran up and down her left arm. With her good right hand she checked her injured arm and felt the sickening flow of her own blood. She brought the hand up so she could see and was alarmed at the amount of blood on it. Groggily she used her right hand to apply pressure to the wound while waiting for help. By now Mira was beginning to get her senses back and began screaming obscenities into the air, ?Mother Frakker! Frak me I?m hit! I?m frakking hit! Gods da. . .? but unfortunately was also slipping into unconsciousness.

After what seemed like an eternity someone rushed to her side, jabbed a shot of morphine into her arm and shouted for a medic. He checked her chest to ensure that nothing had penetrated her armor, and then proceeded to work on the arm. He pulled out his knife and cut the left sleeve off to get a good glimpse of the injury. ?Tovik, can you hear me? Tovik talk to me! Gods dammit talk to me Tovik!? He reached into his bag pulling out bandages and began to treat her wound. By the time he was finished bandaging her arm, the medical team was on scene prepping the move to a nearby hospital. McDowell watched the move of his newest team member and shook his head in dismay. Why is it the new people always get hit? He looked back to the next door and gritted his teeth in anger, he still had a job to do and Gods dammit he was going to finish it.

?McDowell, come in. Th

2. Eskimo9000

Eskimo9000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2007
    I thought it was pretty good and I will continue reading it if you choose to continue it.

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Thanks Eskimoo, continued it I did.

Coruscant General
    1838 Hrs local time

Even after all these years since the Vong war, and the terraforming of Coruscant, McDowell still could not get over how quickly the city recovered. He hated hospitals; they reminded him of all the friends he?d lost in the war. So many he could no longer recall their faces, or even their names at times. The hospital was abuzz with activity as nurses and doctors of all species worked their miracles of life. He approached one of the many reception kiosks and did a search for one Private Mira Tovik, saw that she was located on the 42nd floor and listed in stable condition. Stable. That was very good. He breathed a sigh of relief and looked at the flowers in his hand, a bouquet of rainbow roses from the Hapes Consortorium.

The ride up to the 42nd floor was all too short as part of him wanted to just get the frak out of the hospital. But he was a soldier and he would do his duty and face one of his many demons. This floor wasn?t all that different from the main entrance as the process of healing was going on in full swing, he could hear screams emanating somewhere down the hall. Gulping, he laid the flowers down on a chair to straighten out his uniform. He couldn?t help but notice the many stares he was receiving. Ever since he?d joined the GAG and put on this black uniform he?d been growing more uncomfortable with the GA. He hated their methods, their secrecy but the thing he hated most was the fear. Dammit, he was a cop by trade and people shouldn?t fear the police! But he was a loyal citizen bound to make the people of Coruscant safer by any means necessary. Picking the flowers up, he slowly walked to her door and just stood there. Well better now than later.

He looked into the window attached to the door do a quick to ensure he was indeed at the right room and was mesmerized at how pretty she looked in hospital whites. She was 1.7 meters tall, weighing approximately 53 kilograms, shoulder length brown hair and the greenest eyes he?d ever seen. She was a very beautiful woman, but sadly she reminded him of someone he once knew. A lover who?d met her end during the last days of the war. McDowell took a deep breath and activated the door stepping quietly into the room, Tovik?s head didn?t move and for an instant he thought she was asleep. ?I told you I?m not hungry? she mumbled to her unknown visitor.

He smiled. ?That?s good, cause I don?t think you eat flowers.?

Mira turned in her bed to see SSgt McDowell hovering by her bed holding some of the prettiest flowers she?d ever seen in her life. ?On second thought those would make a damn good salad.? She gave a half-hearted laugh before continuing ?but they are too pretty to eat. I?ve never seen flowers like that before, they are beautiful! Thank you Sarge.?

?It was the least I could do. They are Hapan Rainbow roses. I know a guy who knows a guy who gets great deals on em, rare as they are.? He winked. ?I just wanted to see how you were doing and to let you know that the guys at the station are rooting for you. Don?t tell them I said this, but I think they have something planned when you come back. I?m sorry you got hit, if I could go back and swap you out with myself I would.?

She just stared at him with a puzzled expression on her face. ?Sarge, there was nothing you could do about it. I got hit, pure and simple, scary as hell, but it happened and its in the past. I don?t think I could live with myself knowing that someone took a round that was meant for me, I?m just glad it didn?t kill me. I did sign up for this job after all, I?ve gotta accept what happens, its not like they forced me into the GAG after all.? Mira couldn?t help but notice how distant the man appeared ?is something wrong? You look pale, did we rescue the hostage??

?No, we didn?t rescue the hostage. By the time we got to him it was too late, in a last defiant action their leader blasted the guys? brains out, and then almost as an afterthought triggered a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.