main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resistance-A Jaina/Kyp fic Updated 11/23! Finally!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Jaina_Durron, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avalon69

Avalon69 Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2001
    I love it! :D
    But Jaina needs to flirt with Kyp! Kyp!!

2. Jedi_Dawn

Jedi_Dawn Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Nice Kyp... Bad Kyp...

:D

You created both great! Looking forward to some more charged hormones!

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh, you will definitly get hormones. In two more posts. It's going to be killer!

4. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Yessss. This is great. More, please!

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Guess what y'all! It snowed!!!!!!!!!!!! After we got to school though so we didn't get out. My sister goes to a public school and she got out. pout. But I'm hoping to be at home tomorrow. It never snows here. It snows all around us, but there's like an invisible barrier that says it can't snow right here. So I am soooooooooooooooooo pumped. My friend AJ asked me if I'm on speed. I'm not, by the way.

Anyways, more this afternoon of tomorrow.
    Countdown to the hormone post: Two posts! It's classic.

6. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    oh my Force! that was a zesty treat! so when's the next post? sorry i haven't been on for a while. i've been sick and our connection is broken, and i am not allowed on it much anymore so i have to make do w/ my time.

can't wait till Kyp makes another move! hope Jag sees it too!?!

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Mmmmmmm, that was yummy!! :) I got the entire grease thing because I knew it was just him flirting with her. Anyway, I second the motion for some Jaina flirting with Kyp! :D

Jae Angel

8. vogt0047

vogt0047 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2001
    Kyp and Jaina flirting.... Mmmmmmmm....... I say Jaina flirts with Kyp now.

And also a shameless plug for my fanfic

Fight for the Future

Its a Kyp and Jaina fanfic!

9. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    LOL! Good one, Jaina. :D So when we get more?

10. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    I've finally caught up... this is great! I think my stomach did flips for Kyp just reading that whole flirting/grease thing. [face_love]

11. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I just want to warn everybody not to get too mad about this. I will totally make up for it in the next post! It?s going to be glorious! Hormones!
    ---------------------------------------------

Jaina sat across from Jag at a table, silently sipping her drink.

?So what?s with that guy?? Jag asked.

She looked up at him. ?Who, Kyp? I don?t know. He?s Kyp Durron. He?s always been like that and he always will be. He?s had a hard life.?

Jag raised an eyebrow. Jaina herself could hardly believe she was making excuses for Kyp Durron. But it was true. He had had a hard life.

?You really do not like him, do you??

?No. I hate him.?

?Why??

Why? Jaina swirled her drink around in her cup. She could answer that question for days. But did she want to tell Jag Fel? She?d been so stupid in regards to Kyp. Even though Jacen said it wasn?t true, she knew that any other Jedi would have seen through him to the lie. But she?s let him flatter her and flirt with her and let it distract her. And look at what had ended up happening.

She sighed. ?He told me he?d found a Yuuzahn Vong super weapon. He asked me for help in convincing the New Republic to help him destroy it. I did and we blew it up. But then?? She hesitated. ?Then I found out that it wasn?t a super weapon. It was a worldship. He lied to me and used me, and in the end, he wasn?t even sorry,? she finished bitterly.

?What a jerk,? Jag said angrily.

Jaina quickly looked up at him. She felt waves of anger coming off him in the Force. It surprised her. Why was he this angry? That had been exactly Jacen?s reaction when he?d found out. But he was her brother. She barely knew Jag Fel, and she couldn?t imagine why the story would upset him so. Actually, she could think of one reason? She blushed. That wasn?t it. Probably.

She shrugged. ?It was partly my fault. I didn?t sense that he was lying. I should?ve. I?m usually a better Jedi than that.?

?There are some people who inspire undeserved trust. To be pulled in by such a person is their fault, not yours.?

Jaina looked at him. Once again, he sounded as old as her father.

?Why do you do that?? she asked.

?What?? He looked surprised.

?Act like you?re twice as old as me and know ten times more. You really do think I?m a little kid, don?t you??

Jag blushed. ?No, no I don?t.?

?You just thinks I was acting like a little kid when I believed Kyp, is that it?? she asked, a bit angry now.

?No, Jaina.? He reached out and grabbed her hands.

Jaina froze and stared at her hands, in his. She felt heat rising on her cheeks.

?Jaina,? Jag said softly, ?I am sorry if I make you feel like I think that you are inferior. That is not my purpose. I only wished to tell you that what happened was not your fault.?

Jaina looked up at him and met his gaze. For a long moment, they sat there, looking in each other?s eyes. Then? her commlink buzzed. What is it with my comm buzzing at the strangest times? she wondered.

Jag, reluctantly it seemed, let go of her hands, and Jaina pulled her commlink out of her pocket.

?Yes?? she said, not looking at Jag.

?Incoming call, ma?am.? Thrack?s voice floated over the link. ?It?s from Eclipse. I believe it?s from your father.?

?Thank you, Thrack,? Jaina said. ?I?ll be right there.? She returned her commlink to her pocket. ?Excuse me,? she said to Jag, as she stood up. He rose and watched her walk away then settled back into his chair and closed his eyes.

12. Avalon69

Dec 7, 2001
    Great work, JJD! :D

But, um.... [whine]Where's Kyp......?[/whine] ;) 8-}

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Kyp is coming, I promise. You guys will love the next post. Just hold on. It's worth it.

14. Avalon69

Dec 7, 2001
    I shall wait patiently my friend. ;)

15. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm holding, but my fingers are starting to slip!

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    you know, i love this next post so much, that I'm going to go ahead and post it.

This is my favorite post so far. I hope you like it, too.

When Jaina reached the communications center on the Freedom Seeker, Kyp was already there.

?So did you have a good time with that pretty-boy pilot of yours?? he asked.

Jaina ignored him, and motioned for an officer to put the call through, which he did and left.

A holo of Han appeared, with Lando beside him.

?Hey, princess,? Han said.

?Hi, Dad,? she replied.

?How ya doing, Firecracker?? Lando asked.

?Firecracker?? Kyp repeated and started snickering.

Jaina gave him a look, then turned back to the holo. ?I?m fine, thank you.?

?Good. How did negotiations go?? Han asked.

?Very well. The Remnant will enter into a formal alliance with us, on the condition that I stay here for a while, they send their Star Destroyers elsewhere.?

?Hmmm.? Han appeared to be thinking. ?I suppose that would be alright. But I?ll recall you later if we need you. Did Kyp make it??

?I?m right here, Han,? Kyp said, stepping behind Jaina.

?How are things going, kid??

?Not too well.?

?Well, I?m sure it?s your fault.?

Han and Kyp seemed to be talking about something they didn?t want the other two to know about, but Jaina had the feeling she knew what it was. She blushed.

?I?m sure it is, too, sir,? Kyp said.

How?s Mom?? Jaina interrupted.

?Doing better, sweetheart. Having something to do has helped.? For a while, they had all been very worried about Leia, but now she seemed to have gotten a handle on Anakin?s death.

?Jacen?? Jaina asked.

?Misses you like crazy. He?s almost as annoying about it as he was when you were with the Rogues. He?s keeping busy looking out for Tahiri, though.?

Jaina laughed. ?Trouble there. Make sure they?re monitored.?

Han stared. ?She was his little brother?s best friend.?

?Yeah, but now Anakin?s dead. She needs somebody. Jacen?s available. It won?t stay in its present state for long.?

Han looked dubious. ?Whatever.?

?What about Aunt Mara and Ben??

?Mara?s fine, but Ben? He?s enormous. He won?t quit growing. You won?t recognize him when you get back.?

?I feel him in the Force sometimes. He?s extremely sensitive. Maybe more so than Anakin.?

?Really.? That was Kyp. He seemed to find this comment interesting.

?Is everything under control with the Seeker?? Lando asked, changing the subject.

?Yes, sir,? Jaina said.

?How?s Wedge doing?? Han asked.

?Fine. If anybody can manage to turn the New Republic around, it?ll be him,? she said.

?I agree. Hey, look, sweetheart. I gotta go. Big meeting in ten minutes. So take care of yourself, okay?? Han said.

?Okay. I love you, Dad.?

?I love you, princess. And Kyp??

?Yes??

?Try not to be such a jerk. Over and out.? The holo image abruptly disappeared. Jaina glowered at Kyp.

?Firecracker?? he asked and started snickering again.

?Get a life, Durron.?

?This is even better than ?General.? I?m calling you Firecracker from now on.?

?You are if you want to be vaped where you stand.?

?You wouldn?t vape me. You?re too sacred of the Dark Side.?

?I?m not scared of anything.?

?Oh, no? I think you are.?

?Of what??

?Me.?

?I?m not scared of you!? Jaina protested.

?Oh, yes, you are.? He reached out and gently stroked her cheek. ?You?re scared of the way you feel about me. That?s why you keep resisting me.?

Jaina jerked away from his touch. ?Don?t touch me,? she said icily.

?See what I mean?? He reached out and pulled her close to him. She tried to get away from him, but he tightened his hold on her. ?You shouldn?t be scared, Firecracker. I?m not going to hurt you.?

Jaina glanced around for help, but the room was empty. Kyp gently stroked her back and she looked up at him. His dark eyes bored into hers. She felt shivers run up and down her back again. Part of her wanted to kick him in the crotch and run

17. Jedi_Dawn

Jedi_Dawn Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    From a writer's point of view- SUSPENSE! Make the reader earn a good Kyp/Jaina post. [face_devil]

From a reader's point of view- NO! POST IT ALL! We want more! We want more! :D

Your call!

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I posted more, Jedi_Dawn!

19. JaegerGhent

JaegerGhent Jedi Master star 5

Jan 5, 2002
    That was GREAT, Jaina! Yay yay yay!! [face_laugh] I love the 'firecracker' thing. :D *runs out of thread still laughing histerically*

20. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    JG-Thanks so much! I'm so glad you liked it. I had a lot of fun with it.

Why isn't anybody else reading this post?It's my favorite so far! Maybe my favorite in the whole thing. Up!

21. Jo_Solo

Jo_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    I read it, I read it already! I loved it, so could we please have some MORE?

22. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Okay, thanks Jo. Here's more. I must warn you however, that it will be the last one for a few days. I'm going on a retreat with my church youth group. It will probably be Sunday before I can post more, so savor this one.

No action in this post. I?m just trying to get inside Jaina?s mind.
    Jaina ran to her room, totally oblivious to the strange looks she drew. She was crying, not sobbing or anything, just some tears, and she didn?t know why. Actually, she did know, to be perfectly honest with herself. She hadn?t realized until that moment just how much Kyp?s lying to her had hurt her. It had hurt her because the whole time she?d been with him before Sernpidal, she?d been falling for him. And he knew it. And he?d used her. Used the feelings he?d pulled so abruptly to the surface when he?d kissed her just now. That was what had hurt her so much. He didn?t care about her. He might want her, and from the way he kissed her he did, but he didn?t care about her, much less love her. He only cared about himself and he was willing to do anything, to use anybody to get what he wanted. Jag Fel was right. He was a jerk.

Jag Fel. Well, there was another thing all together. There couldn?t possibly be anyone in the entire galaxy who was as unlike Kyp as Jag was. Kyp was short-tempered, passionate, hotheaded, and he always did what he thought was right, no matter what people thought. Jag, on the other hand, was cold, controlled, disciplined, and always did the expected. How could she be so attracted to two such polar opposites?

Whoa. She stopped, right in front of the door to her room. Where had that thought come from? She didn?t want to admit it, but it was true. She groaned as she fell onto her bed. Life was so confusing. It had never been this way before. She wished she could just take a holo of her brain and look at it and figure out what was going on in there. Everything about Kyp drew her in. The chemistry between them was so thick, it should be illegal. And when he?d kissed her?

But then there was Jag. With him if wasn?t anything physical. It was almost like? she ought to fall for him. She almost expected it of herself. He was dependable and predictable, cool under fire, everything she?d never had in her life before. Maybe that was why she was attracted to him. The different-ness of him.

But the predictability?could she stand that? She?d been an adventure lover all her life. After all, she was a Solo. And Jag was so?Jag. With Kyp, however, there was always that mystery, never knowing what he was doing to say. He could surprise her, take her off guard, in a way no one else could.

But he?d used her. If he?d kissed her that way before Sernpidal, she had no doubt she would have fallen for him so hard she would have never recovered. But he?d lied to her. Used her. Took advantage of what she felt for him. And all for?what? To blow up that worldship. But why had he risked so much? Wedge could have put him in prison for lying to the military. Why had he done it?

And then it hit her. For the galaxy. He?d told her that after it had happened, but she hadn?t believed him. But it was true. To Kyp, there was nothing he wouldn?t do, short of going to the Dark Side, to save the galaxy. And she could admire him for that. He might be wrong, but she could respect where he was coming from.

But still?she could never forgive him. Not after what he?d done to her. Maybe she couldn?t live with predictability, but she knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she could never live with lies. Trust, her mother always said, was the most important thing in a relationship. It doesn?t matter how much you love someone, without trust it just won?t work. And she could never trust Kyp. Not after what he?d pulled. Never.

23. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    oh goodie three posties :)

24. white_lancer

white_lancer Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2001
    Wow! I just barely found this story, and I love it!! I can't wait until the next post!

25. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yay!! I love it!!! I can't wait until Sunday!!! :)

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.