main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Resistance: Part 1 (Inter-trilogy, OC, RR ) Updated 10/30, Darth Vader Now Here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LordNyax113, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007

This is my first try at writing fanfiction for the most part. I'm about half-finished with the story as a whole, so if you like it, I'll keep posting it until its finished, or if you wish to help complete or add to it, let me know and I'll tell you the direction of the story and we can work something out. :)

Title: Resistance
    Author(s): LordNyax113
    Timeframe: Inter-trilogy, after ROTS
    Characters: Original characters, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Darth Vader, Palpatine, Ozzel.
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Keywords: Resistance
    Summary: A story of Jedi who survive Order 66 and decide to plant the seeds of Rebellion.
    Notes: N/A
    Disclaimer: I do not own any characters, settings, etc. created by George Lucas and others for the GFFA.

Prologue

Many could not believe it; perhaps they deep down inside, did, but it either wasn?t there or wasn?t manifested. However, this belief didn?t matter, for it wasn?t true; beliefs could exist, but they were always overridden by the reality of the galaxy, of life, and the brutality and joys associated with both the former and the latter. And the belief that the Jedi couldn?t possibly have rebelled, could potentially be extinct, was indeed, false in comparison with the cold hard truth; at least partially.

Yes, even reality can be a falsehood; reality can be perceived through how one views the world, the galaxy, and the inhabitants of them. Reality could be molded by one person, whether by their imposition of it upon others purposely or merely inadvertently performing this molding through their own actions. In the case of the Jedi, the former was unfortunately the way events unraveled, albeit swiftly, quietly. One man, an evil black hole of darkness, one who had no principles but those that related to his greed and ambition, one who desired nothing but power and the unwavering obedience of the galaxy, was the one person who molded this new reality. And with him, his accomplice, yet another embodiment of the harsh new reality and darkness that now shrouded the times. The Hero with No Fear. The partner of the legendary Kenobi. The Chosen One.

The most frightening aspect of all was the quiet fact that Vader was formerly a Jedi. Anakin Skywalker, hero of the Clone Wars, thought to be dead now by billions of denizens across the stars, betrayed the very Order he was supposed to save. Deep within the foreboding time of night, the newly transformed Vader led the assault on the Jedi Temple. He murdered his friends, mentors, and comrades. Without remorse, he cut down even the youngest of these. The malice of it all, the treachery, pervaded that quiet night; yet at the time few knew what it meant. The quiet yet shocking purge of the Jedi was the end of not only the Order at large, but the era as a whole. Gone were the tattered remnants of democracy, the hope of restoration of a peaceful ?Republic?; slowly but surely, a mastermind had made sure this was to be. Out of the ashes of the old, arose the new. The end of the Jedi, the birth of Vader, rise of an Empire.

And so it was that the galactic community underwent this change, but the version they were fed was utterly distorted and wrought with deception. The mastermind, Lord Sidious, master of the Sith, was no other than Palpatine himself. He made sure the public were lied to, that they were led to believe that the Jedi had rebelled, had tried to kill their beloved leader and that in the name of peace and security, a change in government was desperately needed. As it was, the new reality was irrefutably here; but what some believed was not true; in the minds eye it may have, but things are not as they always seem.

This is the reality: the Jedi are almost extinct, the survivors scattered. The Empire is here, yes. Lord Vader, from a certain point of view did kill Anakin Skywalker. But, some Jedi live. And they will not stand idle as the Emperor increases his grip on the galaxy??

Chapter 1

In the midst of the early aftern

2. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    No responses, hmm. :(

3. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Don't be discouraged- happens to me a lot! :rolleyes:
    You did a great job, don't worry.:) Just keep on writing!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

4. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Thanks. More coming soon.

5. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    ?I apologize, Master, but I had no choice. They spotted me, the mind trick failed, obviously, I had no other choice,? explained Foryesk as she put her lightsaber back into her robes. ?Really, if I was out to cause trouble, I would have hunted them rather than them doing the same to me.?

Dobi shook her head speedily, reflecting another quality of the Chadra-Fan, their reflexes. ?Do you realize how perilous the situation is? This isn?t the old times anymore, my Padawan! We are wanted, dead, no option for alive! They now know there are Jedi here for sure. Did you expect the lightsaber wounds to be merely passed off as a coincidence?? Dobi coolly finished her sentence, but Foryesk detected her irritation and weariness echoing in Dobi?s voice.

?No, Master, I didn?t assume any such nonsensical thoughts. As I said, the mind trick failed, and-?

?Something I specifically told you not to use,? interjected Dobi.

?And so I chose to implement a more permanent solution. It?s not as if I wished to alert them to our presence, but with all due respect, use your senses Master. Really, would the clones be here on such a backwater planet if they weren?t already looking for us? They knew we were here. It was only a matter of finding us, and sooner or later it would have happened.? Foryesk watched as Dobi closed her eyes and then reopened them.

?Point. But still, the longer we could avoid detection and plan our escape, whether into the rural areas of the planet or offworld, the better. Now?now we have no choice but to make a hasty escape?something you know I do not like doing, my apprentice. And do not forget I was very concerned for you. Being separated from you was bad enough, but to find you taking on four clones yourself smacks of cockiness Padawan. Be mindful that the clones took out hundreds of other experienced Jedi in a matter of mere minutes. We need to improve our odds for survival by sticking together. If we are to survive this Jedi purge, it is not only recommended, it is essential.?

Foryesk took a moment to absorb Dobi?s counsel than breathed slightly. ?I understand my Master?you are merely trying to help me survive. As an apprentice, I need to be more mindful of the consequences my actions produce. I?ll put this into practice more often. But understand this?I will not hesitate to enter combat if I have no choice.? Foryesk straightened her posture, hoping Dobi would respect her resilience.

?Be that as it may, try not waving your lightsaber around?it is a potential mistake in most circumstances nowadays. Now, the clones will sooner or later find these dead bodies, whether by their own actions or the observations of the natives. We need to escape somewhere, and fast.?

Foryesk smiled, her fur creasing to show it. ?I was hoping you?d say that. This planet, is to say the least, as boring and deadpan as Kuat?s political scene. I propose we find a freighter, perhaps the clone?s shuttle, and blast away from this rock?but first, we make sure the natives are safe.? Foryesk patted her lightsaber, giving Dobi an obvious sign.

?Well, by my estimates, that shuttle can hold fifteen to twenty soldiers, so we?ll need a formidable plan. I?m thinking of a Nexu pincer move??

Foryesk merely blinked. A somewhat different Jedi Master, Dobi loved to study the intricacies of ground combat, something the Council, with the possible exception of Master Windu, often frowned upon among Jedi. But Dobi was undeterred. She continued to learn, especially when the Clone Wars erupted, and finally, many Jedi appreciated just how viable that knowledge could prove to be. Too bad they were no longer able to acknowledge it. Foryesk then stroked her furry chin, her eyes evidencing heavy concentration. ?Are you sure? The last time we pulled that off was hard enough, and that was against those mindless droids. But with clones?? Her voice trailed off, unsure of whether it was a sound move in such a desperate situation.

Dobi tilted her head and eyed Foryesk. ?Am I sure? Surely, my apprentice, you remember Yoda?s dictum? ?Do

6. Iowaweezer

Iowaweezer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    Wow that's good, keep it up! =D=

7. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Clone Commander Cody stood inside the bridge of the Warhawk, in what was now a makeshift command center?if you could call it that. Consisting of him and his two most trusted soldiers, the guard regiment outside, a small table of sorts, and a long-distance holocommunicator, the coordination area of this clandestine operation was hardly large nor a ?command? center. Cody hated being here, on this miserable planet, hunting what seemed to be phantoms. He of course knew why he was assigned this awful mission. After his failure to kill Obi-Wan Kenobi, he was for all intents and purposes no longer a ?commander?, and now that most higher-ups thought very lowly of his abilities, rather than execute him (which he would have greatly preferred), they?ve been assigning him mission after mission consisting of mere errands?until now. He was told he had orders to take a small regiment from a nearby outpost shared with foolish scientists on Belkadan and eliminate two Jedi on Sernpidal per Order 66. Although it wasn?t said out loud, Cody knew they were giving them a chance to prove himself, and perhaps rise back through the ranks. He?d do anything, he thought, to get back to real combat. After all, there were a few diehard cells of Separatists who needed mopping up, and surely they had better use for him than what they had been assigning him.

So here he waited, for his scouting party to return. Adopting a wait-and-see approach, he had sent five troops to search the main streets of the city. According to the intelligence this mission was wholly based on, two Jedi, Dobi and Foryesk Ij?lya, were sent here by the Jedi Council two days before Order 66, as evidence was indicating that the Separatists were planning to perhaps exploit this relatively unspoiled planet?s resources and natives. Their primary objective was to find and root out Separatist spies among the populace or government, if any, analyze if any threat was posed, and report back to the Council as soon as possible. No clones accompanied them, explaining their survival this long. And they never got the chance to ?report? back to the Council; Cody?s escaped quarry Kenobi apparently sliced and diced his way through the Jedi Temple and reversed the trap signal Lord Vader had encoded to lure any surviving Jedi to their destruction. Despite weeks of work by an encryption team, efforts to reinstitute the old signal had failed miserably. So now clones had to hunt Jedi the old fashioned way, on foot. Sometimes Cody grumbled and wondered why Vader wasn?t out here doing the dirty work; after all he was the best man for the job. But things never work that way. Not for Commander Cody, not for anyone.

The rain continued, but in a slower more drizzlier form. Cody could only view through the transparisteel as his regiment stood rigidly, uncomplaining and accepting the weather, on guard as they should be. But through the watery haze, Cody detected a lone clone entering the docking bay, running with blaster rifle in hands. He quickly stopped to salute the guards, than scampered up the ramp, and Cody turned to greet him.

?At ease, soldier.? The soldier obeyed, holding his arm and blaster rifle at side in military posture. ?What?s the problem? Did you encounter the Jedi??

?Yes, Commander. I was separated from the main group, and decided to search while I attempted to rejoin them sir. Moments later, I was able to faintly detect the sounds of what seemed to be a firefight, including the signature activation sounds of lightsabers. When I finally located the scene, my four comrades were dead, all bearing lightsaber wounds. No question about it sir, the Jedi know we are here and have already struck.?

Cody cursed. This wasn?t part of the plan. He had hoped for your traditional show of force then gunning down, but alas. ?Do you know if the Jedi followed you and performed reconnaissance of the area??

?No, sir, as far as I can tell, they performed a hit-and-run strike.?

?All right then, put the men on full alert. Prepare for the Jedi. Chances are, they are going to attack. An

8. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    once again, you've done a great job. I am awaiting the next part (dunno about helping you rewrite but if no one volunteers lemme know, I'll do it)

9. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Chapter 2

Dobi hadn?t felt so exhausted in what seemed like a lifetime; she literally forgot how strenuous physical combat was and is, despite assistance from the Force. She closely checked herself for wounds, than pulled off her outer robe. Eying Foryesk, Dobi felt the combination of exhaustion and euphoria at their victory emanating from her apprentice. Dobi smiled inwardly. It was wonderful to see Foryesk feeling?well happy again. These past few weeks were rough, filled with nerve-wracking worry, for their comrades? safety, and the approaching day when the Empire would come for them. That day had come as predicted, but they survived; Dobi paused herself, running her mind through the thought again?they had survived. Dobi couldn?t help but now smile both inside and out, and Foryesk returned the smile.

?I?m glad to see you joyful once again my Master,? she complimented as she rose, ?but I suggest we start this shuttle up and head out. Logically, the clones will soon assume the worst since they will not hear from the commander. They?re coming back eventually. Our only dilemma is exactly where we should go.?

Dobi sighed, then once again closed her eyes in silent brainstorming. ?We need to find somewhere to get ?lost in the crowd? as a scoundrel would put it, but at the same time?we need more information on recent events to go on. Most Outer Rim planets are out of now out of the question. Any ideas Padawan?? Dobi focused on her, watching as she entered into deep thought.

?You may not like this,? she sighed, ?but I suggest?Coruscant. If there?s any place to get lost in, it?s a planetwide metropolis with billions of people. Also, chances are we can find some sympathetic allies, Senators perhaps, and maybe??

Dobi?s eyes lit up, for she knew what Foryesk was about to say. ?My apprentice, your optimism is admirable, but you?ve seen the HoloNet reports. The Jedi Temple has fallen, and all Jedi are now being warned to stay away from there. It is highly improbable that there are any Jedi within the Core region itself. It?s just too risky to hide right under the nose of Palpatine and his forces. As for Senator?s, I can only assume you are referring to Padme Amidala or Mon Mothma, as they supported the Jedi.? Dobi scratched her head, trying plot out all possible pathways. None looked too bright.

?You mean to tell me that you believe Palpatine?s bantha poodoo? Lies on top of lies, Master. Just think; Palpatine was already feeding the HoloNet propaganda before the Empire, so what makes you think he ceased it? Although I do not doubt the Temple had fallen, I do find reasonable doubt that every Jedi there died in the attack. To add to it, the Empire claims it was all the handiwork of one man, that breathing apparatus guy. You?re saying that dozens of Jedi were murdered by one man? I think not.? Foryesk bristled, showing she obviously had contempt for any such tales, but Dobi knew otherwise. Granted, Foryesk was correct on the matter of propaganda, but still?Dobi felt it, deep down, that Foryesk was somehow wrong.

?I am not saying much of what you accuse me of, my apprentice. But you underestimate the power of the dark side, especially in the hands of a Sith Lord.?

?There you go, another faux tale. How do we know if this ?Sith? isn?t just a Dark Jedi? It sounds mighty suspicious to me that some guy in a suit suddenly emerges on the galactic scene, wielding a lightsaber while claming to be Dark Lord of the Sith.? Foryesk shook her head; Dobi notcied Foryesk's logic was impeccable.

?Point. But, my apprentice, you are relying on mere reason. Search the Force, and tell me you do not feel the darkness clouding it. It grows stronger everyday, and I fear it?s because more and more Jedi are dying, while the Sith grow stronger. What you are proposing?to go on instinct in hopes someone survived?it is too risky.? Dobi frowned, heavy with pressure. Deep down, she wanted Foryesk to be right. She wanted just someone to be alive; and Foryesk was probably right. Someone had to have survived the Temple atta

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    just saw this one and it is beautiful. Please continue soon.

11. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Disclaimer: I do not own characters, settings ,etc. created by GL for the GFFA.

Although Foryesk had thought landing on a herdship should be relatively uneventful, she wasn?t as nearly prepared as she would have liked for this.

?Once again, as part of the local Imperial garrison here on the Tafanda Bay, I order you to identify yourselves, and answer as to why you are piloting a modified shuttle that is for exclusive military use.? Foryesk growled underneath her breath. Instead of an Ithorian answering as she expected, a Lieutenant Ozzel of the Imperial garrison stationed on the Tafanda Bay, under jurisdiction of Governor Bynais, had ordered the vessel and its occupants to transmit proper codes and identify themselves. She desperately wanted to use a mind trick, but could feel Dobi?s disapproval from a klick away. Now she had to think creatively.

?I said that my name is Geosk and my companion is Kabe. We are traders who purchased this vessel from Ord Mantell, but once again, it was in terrible condition, and we patched it up. Now, we?re facing you. I?m telling the truth, I swear it. Obviously, were not clone troops, so we naturally don?t have Imperial codes. ? Foryesk gritted her teeth. Her story wasn?t exactly convincing, but it was the best she could conjure in such a short period of notice.

?You?re transponder is identifying you as the Warhawk, which was last reported to be assigned to a?operation on Sernpidal. Care to explain that discrepancy?? The Imperial bored his eyes into hers. Clearly, he wasn?t buying their alibi in the slightest.

?Perhaps they crashed. All I know is, some Toydarian at some no-name parts shop on Ord Mantell had obtained it, and was looking to sell. We had the credits, the deal was sealed with a handshake. You can doubt it all you want, but we?re just traders looking to dock on Ithor. There?s no harm in letting us through.?

The lieutenant turned to his side, and his mouthed whispered something. All of the sudden, Foryesk felt something terrible in her gut, telling her to break the comm. link. The Imperial then spoke, so too late.

?I?m done playing games. We are not easily mislead,Jedi.? Foryesk?s mouth nearly let out a scream, as her heart skipped a beat. Dobi looked just as concerned, and she nodded, acknowledging that she did indeed know what Foryesk had surmised: they knew who they were. And now that Foryesk thought about it, she shouldn?t be shocked; after all it isn?t too hard to put two and two together; a shuttle with a regiment of troops goes to Sernpidal to apprehend two Jedi, they never report back, so obviously any smart officer would figure something drastic happened. Confirming the Imperial?s suspicions were Foryesk?s and Dobi?s ?brilliant? move to travel in a modified Imperial shuttle here, and chances are, their intelligence files had these two Jedi?s photos in them. Foryesk nearly smashed her head into the console. How could we be so naïve, she asked herself.

?You are to dock with the Tafanda Bay, surrender your vessel immediately and as fugitives and traitors to the Empire, you will be taken into custody. Do I make myself clear??

Ozzel?s voice clearly echoed with affirmation, and Foryesk knew he meant business. She prepared to reach over and cut the feed when to her surprise, Dobi stretched over and beat her to the punch. ?Well this is certainly not the ideal situation to find ourselves in. I?d rather not fight, and running is not a viable option as they will just chase us down. Any bright ideas Padawan??

Foryesk swore Dobi was implying something with that last statement. ?Are you implying that this was somehow my fault master? Because if that?s the case, I must object.? Foryesk heard the nav console beep, meaning they were being hailed again. She ignored it. Dobi smiled.

?Merely a wrong combination of inflection and turn of phrase, my young apprentice.?

Foryesk growled. ?This isn?t exactly the time for sarcasm and dry humor Master.? The nav console blared another alarm, this time different. Foryesk

12. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    ?Only one mountain range on this entire planet, and we had to crash on it. I hate my luck. Just to be really mean, our shuttle also decides to crash hundreds of miles away from the nearest hardship.? Foryesk shook her head as she crawled out of the smoking hulk that was once the Lightsider. After nearly burning up in the atmosphere, and when they finally were close enough to the surface to have visibility, relief nearly turned to horror when they spotted a long mountain range full of ridges and grassy knolls. Luckily, Foryesk?s flying talents and undying desire to defy the odds led them to land on a long grassy ridge near the peak of what seemed to be a dominant mountain among the range.

Dobi emerged from the twisted wreck next, dusting her robe off. ?In my humble opinion, there is no such thing as luck. Our time served during the war should prove that beyond a doubt.? Foryesk turned around staring, than broke out into a mild chuckle.

?You sounded like Obi-Wan Kenobi. Hehe.?

Dobi glared back, but Foryesk just couldn?t hold in her amusement. ?I was merely making humor, Master. Don?t get your robes all up in a wad.? Dobi finished dusting herself off, and slowly walked up to Foryesk.

?I see no humor in your comparison of my persona to Obi-Wan?s. But, you are a Bothan, and Bothan?s are notorious for their dry sense of humor. If you can call it humor.? Dobi grinned, and Foryesk definitely knew it was a confident grin.

?Hardy har har Master. Now, if we are done trading childish insults, I suggest we find a way on just getting to a suitable camping spot. There will no doubt be someone searching for us, and here?s to hoping it?s the Ithorian?s, not any clones, whom I?d rather not deal with at this particular moment.? Foryesk checked for her lightsaber, making sure it was securely fit into her robes. ?Also, if we get to one of the herdships, we are going to have to find a more subtle way of getting to Coruscant. Our faces are probably all over the local Ithorian HoloNet network right now to complicate matters.? Foryesk kicked a rock down the ridge, gauging how steep it ran and whether a descent was possible.

Dobi fiddled with her lightsaber, as if to be playful. ?I concur. Really, if there were a Council, I?d recommend that you?d be made a Knight. Your logic and trust in the Force for your reasoning are nearly flawless.?

?Really? That?s wonderful! I can attain perfection in two standard weeks at this rate.?

?Don?t get your head in the clouds, Padawan. I said nearly flawless. Now, is this side of the mountain too steep to climb down??

?From how fast the rock that just fell did, I?d say no. We?re have one of two options: navigate haphazardly down the outside of the mountain through a zigzag series of ridges, or navigate haphazardly through the network of caves inside the mountain,? she finished, pointing to a mouth-like cave entrance into the mountain. ?Personally, I?d rather take my chances outside the mountain, seeing the bottom half of the mountain appears to be a more gentle descent covered by forests. Besides, I?ve loathed caves ever since Geonosis.?

?You know, if you don?t stop this, pretty soon I?ll be the apprentice.? Dobi grinned at her apprentice; she really was amazed at rapid progress. Yet, a tinge of sadness flared in Dobi, as she felt that joy would never be shared with any other Jedi. At least as far as she knew.

?Over my dead corpse.? Foryesk?s deadpan statement weighed heavily with sarcasm, and Dobi just shook her head, trying to contain her odd mix of laughter and annoyance.

?Let?s just try and get a few klicks behind us in case our mortal enemy decides to pay us a visit.?

The trek quickly became tedious and as heat continuously bombarded the two Jedi, they grew tied and thirsty. Although only a half an hour had passed, they had already spotted (and hid from) two patrol craft. If they had been discovered, the scouting forces we?re just biding their time or being idiots. Dobi was hoping for the latter rather than the former. As they reached another fla

13. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Foryesk was literally engaged in a fight for her life. She continued to run, holding her free hand to her shoulder wound, which still trickled blood that the rain hadn?t washed away yet. Blaster fire zoomed in from her rear, barely missing her head, and she could feel the heat of the tibanna gas grazing her wet fur. If the rain hadn?t been stuttering the accuracy of the Imperial?s aim, she?d perhaps be a goner right now. Foryesk panted, trying to draw on the Force for all the strength possible. She felt literally swimming in the Force more than the rain, yet anxiousness welled up inside her; it was not that Foryesk Ij?lya feared death; she had surrendered her fate to the Force when she became a Jedi Padawan. But yet, Foryesk wanted to desperately survive; she had felt and heard of so many of her friends? deaths, and she wanted to honor them by holding fast to the path of a Jedi, to help preserve the Order until the right opportunity arose to perhaps destroy or weaken the Sith. Yet now, all she had planned these past few weeks, all she had worked for her entire life was in danger of being for perhaps, nothing. Foryesk growled. I will survive, she reassured herself. She just needed to ante up the battle. And that was something Foryesk Ij?lya loved to do.

Foryesk summoned just enough strength to vault into the treetops, landing on a stable branch, and deactivated her lightsaber. She hoped that the rain obscured her leap from her pursuers. She was counting on it. In just a few seconds, she watched as the clones stopped a few steps from where she jumped. ?Where?d she go?!? one inquired with anger.

?As if we would know. It?s a Jedi. They?re superhuman. She probably made herself invisible or something mystical like that.? Foryesk watched the troopers? debate, all the while wishing she had her blaster. Her lightsaber and perhaps a few branches would have to do. Before she began her attack, Foryesk chewed and ripped off her left cuff of her robe, and tied it near her shoulder, giving herself a makeshift tourniquet. It would suffice for now; the wound wasn?t all that serious to begin with. Now it just stung from the blaster bolt, and the bleeding had virtually stopped. After knotting the tourniquet, Foryesk harnessed the Force, starting to rip a nearby tree from its roots; it was slow, almost a standstill, but Foryesk could feel the roots straining and gradually snapping. Finally the tree came down with a bang, crushing one of the troopers. ?Man down! Find that Jedi and finish her!? Foryesk guessed that the one who just spoke, the heavier armored one, was their captain. Taking him out now became top priority. With a snap-hiss Foryesk reactivated her lightsaber and jumped, arcing the blade in a downward sweep, and took out the commander. The other two attempted to fire, but Foryesk, despite the pain flaring in her wound, rolled, swinging her lightsaber upwards and taking out the first trooper, than took her saber into a back-handed stance and arced her saber diagonally upwards, quickly dispatching the second. In the distance she heard more clones approaching, and cursing under her breath, she rushed towards their position.

Dobi, now in close battle between her and five clone troopers, found herself swirling the Force, blocking scores of blaster fire, pushing and throwing troopers through the Force, sending rocks and branches at them, and periodically using her lightsaber come in close and silence one of them. After a few minutes she was now down to two troopers, who continue to lay down suppressing fire upon the small Chadra-Fan. Fully attuning her own self and gracefully displaying her skill in Ataru, it was any wonder why the clones continue to stay and fight. Dobi?s question was soon answered when four more troopers, and to her alarm, two super battle droids emerged from the jungle, guns blazing. Dobi now knew it was time to shake up the strategy. Jumping up into the treetops with lightning precision, she danced across them, and using the Force to ?see? her targets rather than use her physical eyesight, she engage

14. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    Hey, I noticed we don't get many comments on our updates but whatever. Keep up the good work, waiting for the next update.

15. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Foryesk couldn?t believe her eyes, but there indeed stood an Ithorian clad in Jedi robes, pulling a blue lightsaber out of the deceased clone. ?Are you all right? Can you not speak, fellow Jedi??

Foryesk fluttered her eyes, then gathered her tongue to respond. ?Uhhh?no, no, I?m?fine. Besides my wound that is. But?THANK THE FORCE!? Foryesk couldn?t help but scream, rushing forward to put her hand on the Ithorian?s shoulder. ?How did you get here?! No strike that, how did you survive?!?

The Ithorian flicked his sabers off switch, then slipped it into his robe. ?Ahhh, my friend, I am just as joyful to see a fellow Jedi survivor, but please, contain your excitement. Allow us to sit down, then talk,? he admonished, as he pointed to the bottom of a particularly large tree. Foryesk heartily agreed, and both Jedi sat down, each radiating with joy.

?Indeed you are wounded,? he observed, than pulled out what appeared to be a thin jar. ?Here, some herbs from Mother Jungle. They will help heal the wound faster.? Before Foryesk could potentially object, he gently applied the greenish, leafy herb, and Foryesk immediately felt a soothing sensation, and as this happened, Foryesk gave a silent cheer when the rain began to die down into a slight drizzle.

Still nearly speechless, Foryesk cleared her throat. ?Thank you?uhhh?pardon me, but we haven?t exchanged names yet. I?m Foryesk Ij?lya, Jedi Master Dobi?s apprentice?and no longer one of two survivors?one of three!? Foryesk made no effort to hide her happiness in uttering that last statement. She knew someone had survived. Something deep inside her told her that, and here she was, conversing with another Jedi.

?I am Aurrab Habat, Jedi Knight. But you may call me Aurrab, Padawan Foryesk. I must say I am as joyful as you are to find another Jedi?or, correct me if I?m wrong, two surviving Jedi.?

?You?re assumption is correct, Aurrab. Master Dobi and I were split up amid the confusion. But I am sure she is nearby.? With perfect timing however, Dobi emerged from the jungle, her lightsaber poised for combat.

?Foryesk?thank goodness you?re fine. Who is this,? she inquired, pointing her lightsaber at Aurrab.

?Master, this is Aurrab Habat?Jedi Knight!? Foryesk watched as Dobi didn?t hesitate to put away her lightsaber and evoke her trademark smile.

?Jedi Knight?! My, oh my. Aurrab Habat, I am Dobi, and well, you don?t know how happy I am to find another survivor, and more importantly, another friend.?

?As am I, Master Dobi. Your apprentice had a much more?euphoric way of expressing her joy in finding me. Or rather, me finding her.? Aurrab, although his eyes expressionless as Ithorian?s eyes usually are, emitted joy through the Force as he bowed.

?So?I see you found us. I take it you were the one who landed the other freighter we spotted??

Aurrab nodded. ?Yes, you are correct. Perhaps I should explain how I survived and how I came to be here searching for you, and perhaps you can do the same for me, my friend.?

Dobi took a seat on the tree base aside Foryesk as Aurrab began his explanation. ?As you may or may not have heard, I, as a pacifist did not agree with the Jedi?s decision to become general?s and soldiers during the Clone Wars, but at the same time, I rejected being prideful and did not condemn my fellow Jedi for their decision. Rather than merely discard my principles to the wayside, I took myself into a self-imposed exile, leading a quiet meditative life here on Ithor, my residence being the herdship Tafanda Bay. As my family line has traditionally been among the religious leaders of Ithor and caretakers of Mother Jungle, I assumed a role as an advisor among our leaders. I also often found myself communing with Mother Jungle, and through this, as you may have guessed, I became more attuned to the Living Force. Until??

Both Foryesk and Dobi could feel Aurrab?s pain, but he continued on with determination.

?A few weeks ago, I felt a great disturbance among the Force among my meditation. Hundreds of Jedi seemed to peri

16. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm not sure about being Mary-Sueish but maybe you could have that Dobi is afraid of her padawan becoming more powerful because of something that happened in the past (flashbacks rock and add depth) but it's your character so....

17. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Flashbacks...interesting...I was toying with that with another character who will be coming soon...

18. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    On Coruscant, in the building of 500 Republica?

Coruscant. The capital of the former Republic, now the Empire. A sprawling world of urban metropolitan skyscrapers, gleaming industrial complexes, and now, regiments of clone troopers, security camera?s, and transformation. Clearly, Coruscant had stood as a symbol of the Republic, its now-dying embers of freedom and unity, of democracy and the peoples it represented. None of this, as you may have guessed, fit with the New Order. Many citizens on Coruscant were still ignorant of what this New Order was. Just merely a few weeks before, the clone Wars had ended, abruptly, and silently. The Jedi had apparently seized that moment to threaten peace and security, and the Chancellor to boot, by attempting to overthrow the Senate, and rule as dictators. Call it outlandish, but for the most part, this is what many believed nowadays on the capital, and as of now, nothing could change that. Nobody dared to make an opposing viewpoints vocal; Palpatine?s seizure of power and use of propaganda, all ?in the name of security? had saw to that. So it was that on that fateful night, the Jedi Temple underwent its darkest hour, in which Darth Vader and the 501st brutally annihilated all inside its derelict walls. Order 66, a contingency plan developed ?just in case?, made sure that Jedi on the front lines were dealt with in accordance to the events at the Temple. Most perished under the guns of their clone trooper platoons, caught off guard by surprise and shock at such a betrayal. However, some, including Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi escaped, but Palpatine was much busier declaring his New Order, the burial of the stagnant corpse called the Republic and the birth of the lively Empire, dedicated to order, justice, and security. So now everything has changed. Coruscant, the symbol of democracy as stated before is no longer named such; it is now Imperial Center. The noose continues to tighten around the denizens of the Empire. And now, here on Imperial Center, the mastermind sat in his office, overseeing the construction of his new palace, awaiting his apprentice, whom he has summoned.

The Emperor relaxed in his domineering black chair. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, the Dark Lord of the Sith had grown fond of this chair. Palpatine was never one to indulge in a personal life; such petty distractions could hamper one?s focus, and Palpatine would have none of that. Through all of his work and planning, everything he had foreseen had come true, and now the Sith had their revenge. He stopped for a moment inside his dark mind and savored that thought. His mind burned with satisfaction and joy at what he had accomplished. He had eliminated the pitiful Jedi for the most part; he had the so-called ?Chosen One? as his apprentice. To top it all of, he did what no other Sith lord came close to doing; he ruled the galaxy as an Emperor, and nobody could stand in his way. Not the Jedi, not the dumb-minded weakling peoples, nor the dissenters. He truly had control?which is why it bothered him when wrinkles in such a smooth arrangement arose; which is why he was summoning Lord Vader. Palpatine sensed his Vader?s arrival, and induced his throne into a gentle whirl, allowing him to face his summoned apprentice. He paused in thought once more; Palpatine smiled to himself. Throne?he liked the sound of that.

Vader strode in, his menacing black cape gliding behind him, as if ushering him silently to his destination. As he entered his Master?s darkened room, he bowed, resting his arms on his knee, despite the racking pain in his limbs. Despite what outward appearances evoked, his suit was very, very uncomfortable; not to mention he still burned emotionally and physically with pain from his injuries sustained on Mustafar. Mustafar. He seethed with hate at the mention of that word, and what he associated it with.

?Enough, Lord Vader. I sense your hate simmering, and now is not the time.? Palpatine waved his hand, ordering Vader to rise. ?You are thankfully, not late, my apprentice. Now, I have

19. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    nicely done, I think you got the characterization right of the young Darth Vader whom we got a glimpse of at the end of RoTS.

20. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Thanks.

21. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    The Cantham House was a elegant and refined home, a sizable portion of the spire it occupied. Inside, droids shuffled to maintain the residence, while others greeted guests, informing them that the Senator Bail Organa was currently occupied and could not accept visitors. Throughout the small corridors lavished in silver and dark blue trim, barely anyone stalked. Today wasn?t a very busy day in the Senate scene; as a matter of fact, that was how almost everyday was now here and elsewhere politicians resided. The simple truth was that the Senate now occupied a useless role, nothing but a figurehead of sorts, a body that was Senate by name only. The only time sessions were called merely entailed nothing but frightened Senators voting unanimously on whatever Palpatine or his subordinates proposed that day.

Sure, you had the occasional outspoken critic, who couldn?t stand the faux nature of it all, and tired of pushing his ideals to the wayside, would dissent and speak out. As expected, the Senator was usually never heard from as soon as a day later; sometimes hours. So had come to pass such a hopeless and meaningless routine. But for the few Senators that ached to speak out against the consolidation of Palpatine?s power, the military buildup, and oppressive measures, it consumed them from deep, the lucidity of it all.

One of those Senators was no other than Bail Organa. Here in the Cantham House, he officially relaxed, but unofficially, he continued to formulate his next step. Him and Mon Mothma, under the table, had been discussing plans for the future, contemplating the worsening of overall galactic conditions, and whenever he or she could, helping out fellow like-minded ones. Right now, Bail stood erect in his observation room, peering out the transparisteel window, silently watching the hover traffic, and daily grind of Imperial Center. He sighed, heavy with boredom and simmering frustration. He hated his life as a Senator right now, even though his personal life was beyond all odds doing just fine. He followed Padme?s advice before she met her death; to be a ?good little Senator?, until the time called for action. Sure, under the table he silently took action, helping those he could. Sure, he was playing a pivotal role in the galaxy right now, taking care of a very special little girl. But something felt wrong?he couldn?t pinpoint it, but he had a reasonable guess. After seeing the atrocities Palpatine had already orchestrated in just a mere few weeks, he grew distressed at having to give him lip service. It felt like he had betrayed his principles; the ends may have justified the means, of course, but for now, Bail wallowed in a feeling of emptiness whenever he stayed on Coruscant.

As Bail continued his self-pondering, C-3P0 entered, his feet clanging on the polished durasteel tile.

?Master Organa, I hope I am not interrupting anything.?

?Of course not Threepio. What brings you here??

?The receptionist would like you to inform me that a session of the Senate has been called in approximately one half of an hour. Although attendance is not mandatory, it has been highly suggested by the person who sent the message that you come.?

?Exactly who sent it?? Bail stroked his beard, wondering what now.

?A Sate Pestage, sir. Would you like me to retrieve it and play it for you??

Bail shook his head. ?No thank you, that won?t be necessary. You may resume your rounds.?

?Thank you sir.? The golden protocol droid shuffled his way out, the clanging of his feet loud as ever.

Bail debated silently. He really, really did not want to go, but then again, he hadn?t seen Mon Mothma in a week. Perhaps she?d be there, and they could?discuss certain matters in private afterwards. Bail straightened his tunic, and then went to prepare for the session.
    T
    he speeder ride was completely subdued and uneventful, except for Threepio?s incessant chattering. Probably needs another memory wipe, he thought, and made a mental note to have his receptionist do so. Bail weaved out of the hover lane than lan

22. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Darth Vader strode through the ruined Jedi Temple, brooding with the thoughts about what he accessed in the Jedi Archives.

Dobi, a Chadra-Fan, decorated for her wisdom and extensive knowledge of ground strategy among the Order; a practitioner of Ataru, and a possible candidate for the Jedi Council; a Jedi since birth, registered from a Chadra-Fan settlement here on Coruscant.

Foryesk Ij?lya, Jedi Padawan, also born on Coruscant, seventeen years ago, discovered at three months of age. Briefly considered by Mace Windu for apprenticeship at later age, later accepted by Dobi. White-furred, practitioner of Djem So.

Both served in the Clone Wars, but their final mission was not on record. Vader didn?t worry about that; he already knew their whereabouts, and their strengths. It was simply another two obscure Jedi to slay; all too easy, Vader had assured himself. As he walked down the corridor to where his shuttle had landed, he met the two clones guarding this particular entrance. They saluted, and Vader stopped to relate an order.

?Lieutenant, see to it that the names Jedi Master Dobi and Foryesk Ij?lya are deleted from the Jedi fugitive database.?

The trooper nodded, then prepared to do as he had been commanded. Vader walked up his shuttle ramp, then spoke to the pilot.

?Private, relay to the Exactor to prepare for my arrival and liftoff. Tell them to plot the fastest course to Ithor.?

The pilot nodded, then motioned for the co-pilot to liftoff the shuttle and head to the landing zones on Coruscant. Vader went to the small private quarter in the back of the shuttle, to inform his master that everything was going as planned.

Bail Organa made his way around the outer ring of the Grand Convocation Chamber, desperately looking for his companion. He knew Mon Mothma was probably here, as he had ordered Threepio to find her, and to stay with her if he succeeded. He hadn?t returned, so either he had gotten lost (the more likely option) or had found her. Bail hoped for the latter, but lately his hopes had the habit of being dashed, with a few major exceptions. As he continued making his way around the massive outer ring, his pace going as fast as a dignitaries manners and the velvet carpet allowed him, he finally breathed a sigh of joy when he saw Threepio talking up a storm with Mon Mothma.

?Bail!? she cried, and she walked forward with impunity to greet him. ?I see you really wished to see me. You sent your new protocol droid.?

?Of course I wish to see you, my friend! How is Chandrila??

Mon Mothma?s smile faded slightly. ?Not good, Bail. Many are chafing under new restrictions, but we are managing. After all, we support order and stability by gladly obeying the law.? Mon Mothma merely grinned, that grin that told you she was acting, and she was doing a heck of a job. Bail smiled too, his beard bristling with an odd sense of relief and uncertainty.

?Well, I?d love to catch up with you, my friend. Come to the Cantham House, and I?ll have my droids whip up some lunch. What do you say??

Mon Mothma nodded affirmatively. ?You didn?t even have to ask. Come,? she motioned to her aides, as she followed Bail.

Although neither Senators were Force sensitive, they could read from each other their inside glee. They weren?t going to have lunch; that was just a show for the hovercams that recorded them; having lunch meant discussion, and discussion meant planning for the future.

At the Cantham House, Bail led Mon Mothma to the observation lounge, and he sat down in his custom made Kuati recliner, while Mon Mothma took her rest on a pure-Kashyyyk tree wood couch, with velvet cushioning. After receiving a hot Alderaanian tea from Threepio, Bail initiated the conversation.

?I don?t have anything respectful to say about the Empire anymore. I never did, but this and Camaas is the last shred Mon Mothma! I can not continue to ignore the foundations of my principles much longer. Paying lip service is one thing, sacrificing your ideals is another!? Bail?s face looked wor

23. Iowaweezer

Jun 17, 2005
    Yeah! Keep up the continuing good work. I wonder what Organa has up his sleeve....[face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.