main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx resizing a Word doc, then changing it to a PDF

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarkSiderSteve, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    Ive tried and ive tried, but Im getting to the end of stick on this one. Im trying to prepare a digital submission for one of my girlfriends books. The original word doc size tat it was typed in is 8 1/2 x 11". Here's what need to be done to it:

"in Word you will need to make your pages at the 5.5 x 8.5 size and set up an approximate margin setting of .5" on all four sides. This will create an area of 4.5 x 7.5 for the Text. After this has been adjusted you will need to print from Word to Acrobat Distiller using the "Print" job setting. What is so very important is the PDF file has text centered inside 8.5 x 11 size file or make the PDF file at book size (5.5 x 8.5)"

The only problem is when I resize the word doc, my page count doubles- which isnt good- less would actually be better. I able to convert it to PDF just fine- but havent been able to get it to the right size. Someone said Indesign from Adobe was good. I dont have it nor do I know how to use it. So...would anyone be able to help me out? I could throw some cash your way if you have any idea how to get this done. Please PM me or better yet we can talk on the phone. I will give my phone # thru pm. Thanks guys- Steve

2. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Ko - sending PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.