main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Resources for Artists? Books?

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by wookie_fan, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookie_fan

wookie_fan Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2005
    EDIT - I just spotted the "Official Reference Material Thread." I would've posted this there first, but I didn't see it, and I don't see a way of deleting this post...
    ------------
    I was unsure where to place this post; this forum seemed the most logical choice.

I'm already looking around amazon.com for this, but I thought some of you may have some suggestions off the top of your head.

(Please note: I'm interested in printed material, not web sites.)

I do have some old Star Wars picture books and collector's magazines from when I was a kid, but I think they're in storage (unfortunately).

I was wondering if someone could please provide me with the titles (and author names) of books that have some large (at least 8 x 10 inches or so), clear photographs from the Star Wars films (I'm especially partial to the original triology, Ep. 4, 5, 6).

I'd like at least one book with a good selection of quality photographs so that I may use them as guides for drawings and maybe some paintings.

I'm sure there's probably one really great one out there somewhere, but I bet it costs a small fortune -

- on top of recommending that one, whatever it may be, if you could also please provide me with other titles that are less expensive, I'd appreciate it! Thank you.

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, wookie_fan! :)

I don't believe there's any official books that just contain images from the films(aside from the old scholastic books from the late '90s - try doing a search on amazon.com for the Star Wars Scrapbook). Your best bet would be to search on the web. We have a thread here in Fan Art dedicated to collecting high-res reference material. All discussion pertaining to finding reference material is to stay within that thread. Feel free to check it out here. :)

EDIT: Err, sorry. Just saw your edit at the top of the page. I'm gonna go ahead and lock this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.