main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Rest In Peace, Scotty.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    THE FINAL FRONTIER: James Doohan, famous for playing chief engineer (and later, Captain) Montgomery "Beam me up, Scotty!" Scott in the original Star Trek series and subsequent movies, passed away on Wednesday morning at his Redmond, Wash., home, with his wife, Wende, at his side. The cause of death was Alzheimer's-related pneumonia. He was 85. Born in Canada (a master of dialects, he affected his brogue for Star Trek), Doohan was working as a character actor when he auditioned for Trek in 1966. Although NBC axed the series after three seasons, syndicated repeats led Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty et al to amass scores of fans and thus live on for decades, including in six big-screen adventures. Doohan, a veteran of D-Day, was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame last August (in what he had announced as his final public appearance), and is credited with creating the first broad strokes of Trek's Klingon language (for Star Trek: The Motion Picture).

2. Keela

Keela Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2005
    James Doohan was the first ever Star Trek actor I saw.

It was back in the 80's like '83 or '84 and he appeared alone, at the Ham Concert Hall on the UNLV campus. He wore a sweater with little scotie dogs all over it and my dad worked at the Hall at the time. He got us the tickets. My mom and I were in a crowd of about, oh 20 whole people and I remember being shocked that he didn't have a Scotish accent. I'd never heard him on anything other than Star Trek before then.

Oh and I remember there was this heckler in the audience and Mr. Doohan gave him a verbal smack down but good!

I've seen him several times since, but I'll always remember he was my first "big" star! hehe [face_blush]

3. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I'll miss him too.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    The original Trek with Scotty and the others shaped is some of my earliest Sci Fi.

Remember the Trek in which Next Gen found him because he stuck himself in an endless transporter loop? That was cool.

5. Keela

Keela Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2005
    Relics. Awsome episode, if for no other reason than the scene on the Holodeck with the rebuild of the original Enterprise bridge.

Yeah, I'm a geek. Wanna make somethin of it? [face_beatup]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.