main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Restarting the Inland Empire Fan Force

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, since we're getting such a large wave of new people, I guess it's as good as time as ever.

Over the past few years, the Inland Empire has died. It's original founders and members have slowly died away, only a few remaining. While I was not a founding, original member, I was around for the fall of the group. Tommy, Meg, and I tried to restart the club last summer. Alas, we failed.

I think it's time we rebuild.

To be a chapter of fan force, we are supposed to hold meetings and do events, not just use this board to communicate with other members of the Inland Empire.

In my year with the old IE group, I went to 2 events and one meeting. That is it.

Almost all of our club officers have left. If we want to rebuild the IE, we shall have to elect new leadership and start from scratch.

Electing a Club President
    This will be a difficult task, only because, with the exception of a few of us, no one knows each other. My biggest suggestion would be that we hold a club meeting, just so people can get to know each other. Possibly at the 2nd one, we would vote for leadership.

I wish I could take over Brandon's old reigns and help the IE grow again, but as I live in San Diego and am a full member of the SDSWS, I cannot. The position must rest on one of you.

As we grow, we will also need a Vice President, a secretary, and a treasurer.

Scheduling a Meeting
    This always proves to be the hardest task for the club. The biggest problem lies in this: the IE is such a large area. Before, our meetings we usually in Rialto or Yucaipa, where most of the club lived. I would usually have to drive an hour at least to get there. I never minded.

So, for starters, would you all like to schedule a meeting for June? The first meeting of the New Inland Empire group.

For starters:
    What day is best for people?
    What time is best for people?
    We need to find a location that is somewhat central. Once I am home for the summer, I'll be in Lake Elsinore. I know Anita and our new member Rachel live close to Hemet, yet I know Andrea and Melissa are still up near Yucaipa. My suggestion would be Ontario. It's a bit longer driving distance for those of us down south, but I don't mind driving and I don't mind driving people who need rides.

What I hope to achieve
    After spending my first year in the SDSWS, I see what a Fan Force is supposed to do. We have monthly meetings, we go to movies, we do charity events, we have fun costuming... I was blessed to find myself amongst a large group of people who never judged me and accepted me with welcome arms. I hope the IE can do the same.

So who's with me, Yay or Nay? ;)

*Gets off soap box and runs to class*

2. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    YAY! Maybe a Sunday would be good :) I am fairly new but would love to be involved.

3. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    I'm in. I was "the old dude" in the first IEFF. It was a good bunch of folks, but the SD group was just more active in what I was interested in.

I'm sorry to hear that so many of the original ones have left.

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    ARMAND!!! Long time no see, dude!! :)

5. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    We need more people to reply to this thread. At the moment it doesn't look like many people would come to the meeting.

Ontario would be good for me.

6. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    It does seem that people are not as interested in this group. I wonder why?

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Because we don't do anything. That's our problem. :(

8. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I see that is true, too. Maybe we can plan a baseball game outing here. I know that the Inland 66er's have good group rates. It's a semi-pro team that plays out of San Bernardino, we can get group rates.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Lake Elsinore has the Storm team... I haven't gone to a game in years, so I don't know how the team's doing. :p

Anyways, that's for a different topic.

So, news update. After speaking to our regional representative, they have given me permission to become the chapter rep/be elected president even though I live in San Diego. It's still something that must be voted in, however, so we need to have a club meeting with at least 4 people present.

So, is anyone up for a meeting? What days/times/locations are best for everyone?

10. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Let's do that. If you want I cna check dates and times. Let me know....I am usually home anyhow.

11. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    It's going to be difficult for me to plan anything ahead until the end of June. Given enough time, I can try to make a meeting.

At any rate, you know you've got my vote.

12. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Sunday's are food here. Just let us know where.

13. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    I am glad to see that we have new blood again, and that people have taken a more active role in the IEFF. I have just now gotten my computer up again after a very stressful move. So I will be able to play a more active role again. I would also like to welcom all of our newcomers!! I am very happy to see you all!!! The IE used to be filled with a lot of life and fun and it slowly died but it seems that it is being reborn again i just hope we can keep it going this time!

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Are Sundays good for everyone?

15. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee

Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2004
    Sundays are bad for me. I've got church and all. But my parents wouldn't let me go to anything like this anyway 'cause they're...yeah. It'd probably be a while before I'd be able to go to anything. I guess I must observe from afar.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh trust me, I know, Rachel. I honestly don't know how I got my parents to let me go to some of this stuff.

But never fear, your time will come! :D

17. TarikJanis

TarikJanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
    The first step in getting this thing going again would have to be setting up an event. Not a meeting where all you do is talk about the new president and what you "think" would be a good idea for this or that.

No the first thing you need to do is set up something really fun where everyone can just get together and have a lot of fun and getting to know one another.

My suggestion would be bowling. Its a great activity that's a lot of fun. Everyone can get together...have pizza...soda...beer...whatever talk and just get to know one another and have fun...then after that....set up an official meeting...

Only then a Fan Force will you be.

~Tommy

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The meeting would also be a good time to discuss an event.

Or just wrap them together and make the event the meeting. :p

19. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Miana...good idea. Maybe you can do a poll for an event. I personally like costumed events :) Only casue I like wearing costumes...teehee.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    In truth, I think the lamest thing would be if we rapped the Disneyland event and a meeting... but I don't know if everyone's going to Disneyland. Plus, that's expensive.

First we need a date before we can think of a location.

21. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Pick a date. We are not sure if we are going to Disneyland, we have to buy three tickets if we do. :)

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Is Sunday June 19th good/bad for everyone?

23. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Its good to see the IEFF up and running again :)

24. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    That's good for us!

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    John! Yo! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.