main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Restarting the Inland Empire Fan Force

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    yes ir is. but it is nice.

2. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    OMG! No matter where we meet someone will have to drive far. We should just meet in differnt places all the time. Maybe this is why the place was dead when I joined. Not to be mean.

3. olympic_hack

olympic_hack Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    I know my wife and I would love to be involved in this group from more than this computer chair.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We should just meet in differnt places all the time.

That's what we do in San Diego. The problem is getting this first meeting going. :p

5. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    If the meetings are going to be on a M-F then need to be after 5 so people can finish work and still have plenty of time to get there.

Ontario is good for me. There's also a cinema in Rancho Cucamonga that's $5 on Tuesday nights. My apt complex also has a clubhouse people can hire out.

I can voluunter to hold a listing or people's e-mail addresses. I'd keep it offline so it can't be hacked into like that Hilton girl's address book.

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    We're trying guys, we honestly are. :p

7. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Promotion Suggestion: How about I make up a sheet of cards that promote the IEFF. We could all keep them, print them off and then we could pass them out in the toys aisles when we buy our goodies, I've chatted with a few people in Upland, Rancho & Ontario.

Does somebody have the logo they could send me as a gif/jpeg?

How about havaing a meeting at the last wkend of June. Put a thread up with something like MEETING I - Date, Time, Place. Then people just put in there if they will be coming or not. Plenty of time to make arrangements. I think the main issue is just to pick a good place. Maybe a park somewhere where we can all bring some food. That way we can avoid crowded areas.

The interest is increasing! Can't wait to get started on this and meet some of you good people.

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The 25th is Disneyland. I wasn't sure if having a meeting the day after would be wise or not.

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Oh yeah, forgot that.

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The only problem we're having with the 19th is that it's Father's Day...

11. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    OMG! No matter where we meet someone will have to drive far. We should just meet in differnt places all the time. Maybe this is why the place was dead when I joined. Not to be mean.
    Ok you have pegged it! nobody wanted to comprimise and everybody wanted the meeting and events held around their own schedules well that just doesnt work....for this place to be alive again and from this place to be at all like what it could be we are all going to have to make sacrifises and maybe drive a little further or doing something that we dont really want to.....we have work as a team. the IE used to be a lot of fun and eventually we had somewhat of a routine but than people got sick of it not working for them and them having to redo things which is understandable...but at the same time a club takes effort it takes work and it takes time. If no one is willing to comprimise at all on anything, then this club will be dead again in a month. everyone has to drive we all live in different parts of the IE, Hell i live in Running Springs at 6000ft up! i have a big mountain to drive down before i get anywhere! SO if you guys want this to work we all have to drive a little further than we were hoping all have to make a little sacrifises if you dont want it to than that is fine to....we could simply be an ineternet board who just talks which is fun to. so guys, we need to decided how we want this to be done.

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It seems like the most central place for us to meet would be Riverside.

So, Harris, do you know any good places, seeing as that's your home turf?

13. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    No member or part of any group should ever be made to feel as though they are "sacrificing" anything if the goal is enjoyment. There is a huge difference between a few members sacrificing vs everyone compromising towards the good of the whole.

No reasonable person can argue compromise. Compromise results in all sides satisfied with a decision.

Sacrifice automatically denotes giving something up without a return.

Who will argue that accomodating a meeting venue so that all members potentially are travelling an equal distance is a bad idea? Who will argue that having a location where 2/3 of the membership has to drive 3 times as far is a good idea? The "location" thread is illustrating this perfectly.

I don't want to sound combative, I'm actually quite good-natured, but as in any democracy, the members will eventually vote with their presence.

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Nods* Exactly

(BTW, Armand... "Burger King! Where all DragonMaster's go!" ;) )

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    A weekend would be the best idea. That way we can at least get as many people as possible to the first meeting. To have it midweek and too early in the day for the majority really isn't a good idea.

Any weekend would be fine. We should start homing in on a date first then sort the venue out. At least then we know people are available to make it to whereve the meeting is held.

Why dont we each put the dates we are available down and then just count the majority on say Tues/Weds then set that as the date for the meeting then set the venue?

I'll start by saying I can make these dates:

June:
    11/12
    18/19
    25/26

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    19/26 are the only weekends. :(

Any day during the week is fine with me.

17. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    any weekend but the 18/19 would be ok.

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    So far the 19th appears to be winning.

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The 26th does. Anita said any weekend but the 19th. ;)

20. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I was meaning that the 18/19 would be ok...anyweekend is good

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Okay, so the 19th, LOL.

22. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Do you guys not have dads? the 19th is fathers day...there is no way i can make that!!!

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The only way I could do the 18th was if it was really early in the morning. I have to be in Mira Mesa all evening for a SD event with Make-A-Wish.

Well... I'm asking for my own doom, but how does the 12th sound? It's this Sunday, I'm gonna be weary from moving, but I can make it. Is the 12th good??

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I think we should go with the majority vote.

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Since everyone keeps saying different dates, I posted a poll up to make it much easier to see what the majority in fact is. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.