main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Restarting the Inland Empire Fan Force

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squall_Skywalker

Squall_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Oh! Sorry about that. Been busy the past couple of days. Anyhow, yes I know of a few good places to meet. There's the Galleria Mall, it's not big, but it's a good spot. There's the University Villiage (which is probably better) which has a Cinema Star, a boba shop, a large bookstore, a record store, and a few restaurants such as Fatburger (Yummy!). There's a shopping center downtown on Central that has a few good things such as a movie theater and retaurants and a few stores. Somehow I think the University Villiage would be the best. I will let you know if I come up with anything else.

2. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    I know I'm the new kid on the block here but thought I'd offer a suggestion...

I agree with those who've stated you can't please everyone. I've been an event coordinator for Star Wars events and other activities with 100+ people and this is proven time and again!

Since this is group is spread out and has varied schedules, the suggestion of changing locations and times seems like a good one. How about having various members take turns "guest hosting" a meeting in their town? Everyone would then have a chance to have the meeting at a convenient time and place (could be their home or a nearby spot they know of). True, not everyone would want or be able to do so, but it could help offset the immediate problem of getting at least a monthly gathering going, plus it'd be kind of fun to get to go to different places each time.

Just a thought.

Janell

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Sounds like a great idea, Janell. :D

4. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Great! ::looking around:: [face_thinking]

Well let's not all jump at the chance to volunteer first! heh. [face_whistling]

5. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    I will gladly host a prop-building, finger smashing, toe stubbing day. It will have to be after Summer, though, as my triple digit temperature weeks may prove too much for some. If anyone cares to brave it, I'm open for suggestions.

6. Toughie

Toughie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    I'm new.. as my new topic "I'm a little embarrassed" states. But here's a suggestion..

Once we get some meetings going.. why don't we all make a fanfilm together? This many people, it could really work. Like certain people who live close to each other can be in responsible for one part of the production process.. like building hilts, scenes, costumes, etc..

I'm heavy into film. I've got a sweet set up at home for editing, I'm pretty good at it (was a Cal state arts scholar in HS :p). I'm sure there are others out there who are knowledgable in filmmaking. The first couple of meetings (and on here) we could get together to come up with a story and plot. Then build our characters, decide how long it will be, where it will be shot, etc. Some people will be on preproduction team, some on the production team, and some on the postproduction team so getting EVERYONES schedules in sync won't be a huge hassle.

What do you guys think of the idea? Anyone interested totally ROCKS! By the way, I'm in Menifee.

7. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    <<I've got a sweet set up at home for editing, I'm pretty good at it (was a Cal state arts scholar in HS :p)>>

Er, oops. Never mind about my post in the other thread, asking whether you have any equipment. That's what I get for reading folders in the wrong order. (Especially ironic considering my other post complained about my having watched the SW films in the wrong order...some of us never learn!) [face_blush]

Janell

8. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Sometimes we wathc the films n randm order, our kids pick teh order.

9. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Yeah, but the FIRST time you saw it?? [face_beatup]

10. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Oh no, I have seen them in the order they came out HEHE! but atleast you have seen them.

11. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    and I'm there

12. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD I HAVE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *DOES THE BIGGEST DANCE* and *GIVES YOU THE BIGGEST HUG*

13. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    Why yes..........yes I am.

I've missd you to.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

14. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    I am just so happy that i am actually jumping up and down in my seat!!!

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LUNA!!!!! I haven't seen you since you came to my graduation last year!!! :D

16. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    "I will gladly host a prop-building, finger smashing, toe stubbing day. It will have to be after Summer, though, as my triple digit temperature weeks may prove too much for some. If anyone cares to brave it, I'm open for suggestions. "

That'd be great. But, after summer is farther than I was hoping for.

17. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    Being local to me, the heat wouldn't affect you as much as others. As I offerred earlier, let me know if you need any help.

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Armand, do you have any knowledge about constructing a lightsaber? Like out of sink pipes and other scratch?

19. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    What do you mean by the heat and I wouldn't effected as others? I'm a small budget.. really of nothing. But, I do have a few parts for hardware lightsabers. I'd like to make two copies of however many I make.. a beauty prop and a stunt prop. So, if you're good at that. Let me know.

20. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    I haven't made anything Rebel (ptooey) yet. If it's an electronic doodad you want, it's out of my zone of experience. But, if it involves hammers, drills, or sewing, I can do that.

I can BUILD a hilt, I reckon, but Professor Peabody would be the one to talk to to wire it up. You know, our resident analytical electrical scientist person.

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Amy, he means that because you live down here in the hottest darn spots in the IE like us, you could stand it better than say Andrea, who lives up in the mountains. ;)

And yes, I only mean making a hilt. :)

22. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    I don't need anything wired up. None of that flashing light business. Just one to hang on the belt and show when its powered down, and one to fight with.

23. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    "What do you mean by the heat and I wouldn't effected as others?"
    -------------
    You live in Menifee, and I live in Menifee. You are accustomed to the heat. People who live in cooler or more humid areas have a tough time at my house when it hits 102 F and no humidity. That's all.

Anything that can be imagined and engineered correctly can be built. You'd all be surprised what you are capable of accomplishing with just some basic advice. The satisfaction of being able to say "This thing? I made it myself, thank you." far outweighs bragging rights on how much you paid for a mass-produced item.

24. Toughie

Jun 9, 2005
    Shoot, I wouldn't want to buy something that much anyway lol. Anyway, you're right.

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Hides her piggy bank to save up for her Park Saber* ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.