main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Restoring Order (Siriwan, A/P, post RotS AU) - Completed 2/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya Solo, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sen_Padme_Amidala

Sen_Padme_Amidala Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2007
    That was a cute update. Like you said, it was humorous when Anakin found out he missed the baby.

?THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU!? the exasperated Whie cried out.
    [face_laugh]

?You weren't supposed to hear that, but how did you know?? Anakin asked.

?I found out back on the mission. The medical droid told me when Mistress Padmé became sick. I wanted to tell you but you wouldn't let me!? Whie exclaimed.

?You should have insisted. I would have listened,? Anakin reminded him.

?No you wouldn't have,? Padmé rebuked him.

Anakin looked between his wife and his padawan, realizing he was badly outnumbered.

:p =D=

Padmé cut him off quickly by saying, ?You must have missed the baby when you checked last night.?

?How did I miss a baby?? Anakin asked before covering his face with his hand.

?Seems the Chosen One doesn?t know his wife as well as he thought,? Padmé teased.

?Wait, how did you find out??

?Siri told me??

?Great, now Obi-Wan will never let me hear the end of this.?

?Neither will I,? Whie reminded him.

?Great... this is just shaping up to be a great nine months,? Anakin whined.

Aww, poor Anakin. I'm sure Padme and Siri will also not let Anakin live this down. Gosh, I can just imagin one of them telling their kids about this little episode. Then Anakin would really never live it down.:p

?Yes, but it is still very early in the gestation period. Don't worry too much, but do try your best to not ingest any further poison and try to reduce your stress level,? Bant suggested.
    I love Bant, and I'm glade she made a cameo![face_love]

Two more posts left then...sequel![face_dancing] I can't wait, Jaya!

2. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Awww. Very cute post.

So, it looks like everyone is on the same page, regarding Padme's pregnancy and possible risks from poisoning.

Poor Whie. He seems to be the voice of reason that doesn't get listened to. (One gets the feeling, he'll be the more rational of the two when on missions with Anakin).

As for Anakin not figuring it out...Obi-Wan might not let him live it down, but Whie is another matter. As Whie's Master, Anakin can arrange things to his benefit. [face_thinking] For example, in exchange for Whie not bringing the matter up, Anakin could see to it that Whie is left alone if Scout ever comes over...Whie won't have to do much babysitting, etc. It's like one hand washes the other. LOL

So, Bant will be Padme's OB/GYN? I was a little puzzled when Anakin asked if Bant was a Healer now. I thought that Jedi Healers were streamed into their training very early on. (I mean, in addition to Force-techniques, they would have to learn anatomy, physiology, non-Force treatments, etc) As Anakin has likely known Bant for years (as she and Obi-Wan are old friends) he would be aware she's a healer. In addition, he and Obi-Wan were likely frequent visitors to the infirmary during their years together (i.e. They probably had beds reserved just for them, menu requests on file, etc) so he would have probably been a patient himself under her care.

So, Bant's best suggestion is not to get poisoned anytime soon? Hmmm. Now, for anyone else in the galaxy that would be something of a no-brainer. For the Skywalker's....Well, I'm sure they'll do their best. I'll bet there's at least an 85% chance Padme can avoid poison for the next nine months. LOL Maybe she should take advantage of the time she's pregnant and avoid any type of diplomatic missions and negotiations. You know, stay around Coruscant, catch up on her paperwork, send holomail to her constituents on Naboo, etc.

3. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Only 2 more updates!? omg :_| ... thankfully ur gonna give us another story with EXPLOSIONS!? oh dear muhahaha [face_dancing]

?Master!? Whie yelled as he entered the training room himself.
    ?Whie, I'm glad you're back. I'll get to you in just a minute,? Anakin said, once again brushing off his padawan.
    ?But Master! I have to tell you...?
    ?Just a minute. What's wrong Angel?? Anakin asked.
    ?I?m pregnant again,? Padmé replied softly.
    ?THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU!? the exasperated Whie cried out.
    ?I found out back on the mission. The medical droid told me when Mistress Padmé became sick. I wanted to tell you but you wouldn't let me!? Whie exclaimed.

[face_laugh] Whie and Padme need to kick his butt :p

Padmé cut him off quickly by saying, ?You must have missed the baby when you checked last night.?
    ?Seems the Chosen One doesn?t know his wife as well as he thought,? Padmé teased.
    ?Siri told me??

Buhahahaha i hope they drive him insane with it, it cannot be let pass at all [face_devil]

?I'm not sure, but I just noticed that I was late, and Siri confirmed I was pregnant.? Padmé pretended to not notice the embarrassed look on Anakin's face as she said that.
    [face_laugh] i'm sure he blushed a bit too [face_blush] :p

?Perhaps you could guide Anakin?? Padmé suggested, throwing Anakin a side glance as she did.
    U just wait until her hormones really kick in, she wont forget this [face_laugh]

Bant agreed and gently guided Anakin to the small dot that was the baby. They examined the tiny being as thoroughly as they could and found nothing awry.

In the training room, Whie and Obi-Wan exchanged relieved looks as they both felt Anakin's presence calm through the Force.
    And maybe a couple of giggles too[face_skull]

Wonderful chapter... i look forward to the next one... i'm wondering what direction ur gonna go with here [face_thinking]

Thanks for the pm :D

4. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Just so you'd know... progress on the third part of the story is actually going quite well. :) So far I've got nearly 25 pages of writing, and a clear direction and so on for the rest of the story. It's probably... maybe a 4th of the way done.

Also, I'm writing an in-between set of viggies that pass up the time between the stories. So if you have ideas for little things you would have liked to see or are curious about, just ask for a viggie and I'll see if it sparks a bunny. :)

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Ok after several months, I've FINALLY caught up with this story. I'm still totally loving it, and I'm psyched to see the end. I've definitely enjoyed all the mush along the way as well as all the surprise cameos. Could I be put back on the pm list? Wonderful story!! =D= =D=

6. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Okay, this is the second to the last post. I'm going to start collecting names for a new PM list. This new PM list will be a one-time PM list for the start of the new story. So if you want to hear when the new story starts, please ask to be put on the new story PM list. :) The earliest I'll probably post it is in a month. :)

[b][color=lightslategray]Valairy_Scot  [/color][/b]
    [i]Padmé cut him off quickly by saying, ?You must have missed the baby when you checked last night.?
    ?Siri told me??
    ?Great... this is just shaping up to be a great nine months,? Anakin whined.
    It's all about Anakin, isn't it? Actually, I found that really amusing. Poor Anakin - no one will ever let him forget this.[/i]
    Hehe... I just had to tease poor Anakin about this. He may be the Chosen One, but he's far from perfect. ;)

[b][color=yellow]ZebulaNebula[/color][/b],
    [i]Congratulations on getting engaged. [/i]
    Thank you. :)

[i]"Try not to ingest any more poison" lol ... that's the general idea.[/i]
    I had to inject some dry humor from her. She is Obi's friend. ;)

[i]I remember Bant having some healer-like skills, but I haven't read the JA and JQ books in years, so I might be wrong. [/i]
    I have no idea if she has the skills or not, but I used her for convenience sake. I hoped that the post came across as she's not really a healer, but she took the position because there was a real need for a healer. I'm pretty sure I killed off most of the healers. ;)

[i]I almost pity Anakin, because Padme and Whie are gonna give him heck for quite a while. Anyway, I'd like to see what the Skycrawlers have been up to ... they should be pushing their first birthday.[/i]
    Heh. Maybe their party will wind up a viggie.

[b][color=limegreen]L0B0[/color][/b]
    [i]?Yes, but it is still very early in the gestation period. Don't worry too much, but do try your best to not ingest any further poison and try to reduce your stress level,? Bant suggested.
    slslslslslsl... [/i]
    :D Glad you found that funny.

[i]Great update, I really enjoyed it. I'm glad the baby is OK & it seems that the choosen one still has a few things left to learn after all.[/i]
    You can say that again!

[b][color=skyblue][hl=mediumblue]VaderLVR64[/hl][/color][/b]
    [i]Whew! At lest the baby's all right! [/i]
    :D

[i]And only two more posts after this?[/i]
    Yes, but the third part of the story now has about 25 pages written. There's also a collection of stories that will span the time in between the second and third story. There's too much of a gap to do without fun stories.

[b][color=tan]Diamond_Revelation[/color][/b]
    [i]I can't believe how close we are to the end! [/i]
    Yeah, but I'm knee deep in the third story, so it doesn't really feel like it's ending. ;) When I get done with that one... it'll feel weird. I think I've been writing this series since I started grad school. Now about two full years later, I'm almost done with the second story!

[i]I am glad padme's baby is ok![/i]
    Of course it was. :)

[b][color=orange]Sen_Padme_Amidala [/color][/b]
    [i]That was a cute update. Like you said, it was humorous when Anakin found out he missed the baby. [/i]
    The poor Chosen One. ;) Butt of all my jokes.

[i]?THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU!? the exasperated Whie cried out.
    Anakin looked between his wife and his padawan, realizing he was badly outnumbered.
    Padmé

7. shookie

shookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2007
    I most definetly want on the new PM list, PLEASE

8. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    ?Anakin, I?m going to step down from being the Senator of Naboo,? Padmé said as she tucked Luke in that night.

?Because of the baby?? Anakin asked.

?Well, that and the twins. With a third one on the way, I can?t see a way that I?d be able to do everything. I can?t divide up my attention to everything. Something will have to give,? Padmé stated as a matter of fact.

?True. That?s what I felt like a few months ago when I had to balance everything. It was really draining. But I don?t see why you have to give up your dreams. I could set something aside. The Republic still needs you.? Anakin wrapped his arms around his wife as they stood watching their sleeping children.

?But the Jedi need you more. And I?m sure that I can be of use in many ways. We can move into the Temple and raise the twins and the new little one there.?

?Are you sure you?d be happy giving everything up?? Anakin asked. ?You?ve worked so hard to get where you are.?

Padmé sighed. She had been training to be a politician since she was a young girl. Could she really give it up?

?I?ve already put aside my duties as senator for the twins? I?m sure I can find something to do instead of politics,? Padmé replied.

?Like make sure all of the padawans in the Temple get proper training on how to talk to the opposite sex? You should have seen Whie talk to Scout today. Someone has got to teach that boy how to flirt.? Anakin shook his head glumly as he thought about how poorly Whie had flirted earlier.

?Coming from the man that compared me to sand? he must have been doing a particularly bad job of it,? Padmé teased.

?Hey! I said you weren?t like sand?? Anakin protested.

?It was unique to say the least,? Padmé commented.

?You know I'll support you, no matter what you decide, right?? Anakin asked, taking Padmé's hands and looking into her eyes once they left the twin's room. She nodded silently. ?Good. I'm just worried that this might be from hormones or something else. I don't want you to make a decision like this without thinking long and hard about it. How long have you really been thinking about this??

?Honestly, since I completed my last term as queen. I only went back into politics because Queen Jamillia asked me to. I had originally wanted to retire and start a family like my sister had.?

Anakin chuckled. ?Well, you did in a way.?

?Yes, but you can't say our married life nor our family life has exactly been quiet. I think I've wanted to do this for a very long time, and now that the galaxy is starting to stabilize, this might be the perfect time.?

Anakin nodded. ?Whatever you want, Angel, but give it a few days before you make your final decision.?

?Since when did you get so wise?? Mirth spilled into Padmé's words.

?I don't know. It's probably due to getting too much sleep or something.? For once, he was not out on missions, not running for his life, not sleeping on the ground, not dealing with infants that screamed at all hours of the night and nothing was hindering his sleep like images of people in his life dying. He had actually be able to sleep soundly for a few days.

Anakin gently tugged on Padmé's arm, trying to get her to go to bed for a decent night's sleep.

?I'll be in, in a minute,? Padmé softly told him. She took a moment to sneak a quick look at the twins before she went to bed. As she gazed at their peaceful faces, she realized that she was giving it all up for them and that she had no regrets for doing so. Well, just a few regrets. She could get over them, really. She hoped.

-----

The next day, Padmé arranged to have tea with Bail Organa. After they exchanged pleasantries and poured the tea, Bail opened up their real discussion, ?So is it business or pleasure that you're here??

Padmé gave him a rueful smile. ?Can't I just have tea with you??

?Yes, but it seems that no one makes the time for tea with me anymore without there being some secret agenda attached to it.?

?I just have a small agenda,? Padmé admitted.

Bail sigh

9. Anakins_Fallen_Angel

Anakins_Fallen_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2007
    ?Coming from the man that compared me to sand? he must have been doing a particularly bad job of it,? Padmé teased.

=D= =D= =D= I Absolutely Loved That Bit :)

Excellent Update!! And Thanks for the PM!!

10. Leia_Sith_Lady

Leia_Sith_Lady Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2006
    this story is great. i really enjoy reading it and im sorry i havent been posting.

please add me to the PM list for the next story! its going to be just as good as this one has been.

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005

I too loved this reference to AOTC. Padme's right, it WAS unique. ANd I think it's good Padme's retiring, she could definitely use a break. Wonderful update, thanks for the pm! =D= =D=

12. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Yay for Padme' retiring! It is totally the right decision at this time. Thanks for the PM and yes, please put me on the new PM list

13. LadyKethry

LadyKethry Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2006
    I've been lurking on this story, and I would love to get PM's for the next installment.

14. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    I can't wait to see the conclusion of this story- more soon!

15. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    So Padme's retiring ... or rather, taking an extended hiatus from politics. Anakin's got a point ... if Whie trying to flirt makes him look good by comparison, the Jedi have a lot to learn. Awww ... Bail and Breha have a little princess of their own ... or did they adopt an orphan? Looks like Anakin's stupid side was largely due to sleep deprivation. Figures ...

Can't wait to see how this ends ... and see the next story in the series. Oh, and if you spin off any viggies related to this, I'd love it if you'd PM me links for them.

16. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    The viggies will have their own thread so they can be collected. I've got about 5 of them written... maybe more... So far they're fun posts. ;)

And remember to sign up for the PM list. This is a one-time PM that I'll send out when I start the new story, not a commitment to receive PMs from me for the next story. :)

PM List for the first post of the new story
    shookie
    Leia_Sith_Lady
    JediMasterJessica
    LadyKethry
    LilyHobbitJedi
    ZebulaNebula
    L0B0
    Kidan
    JediKnight_Mat
    EGKenobi
    Veloz

17. Sen_Padme_Amidala

Sen_Padme_Amidala Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2007
    ?Like make sure all of the padawans in the Temple get proper training on how to talk to the opposite sex? You should have seen Whie talk to Scout today. Someone has got to teach that boy how to flirt.? Anakin shook his head glumly as he thought about how poorly Whie had flirted earlier.

Oh wow. Well at least Padme is right. It was unique.;)

I'm glade that Padme is retiring(or taking a very long maturnity leave:p )right now. Although I do hope that she does come back, but I would understand if she wants to put her family first.

One more post! I'm guessing it is time for the little Tachi-Kenobi to make her entrance into the galaxy.[face_love] I can't wait!

18. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I just can imagine how bad Whie's advances were!:rolleyes:
    Padme stepping down is a good decision let see if she can actually do it!

19. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Absolutely wonderful and I agree with the above, Anakin can be quite dense at times. Well done, wonderfully written, so much emotion.

20. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    ?Anakin, I?m going to step down from being the Senator of Naboo,? Padmé said as she tucked Luke in that night.
    :eek: Wow...I didn't see that one coming - although it does seem like a sensible decision.

?Because of the baby?? Anakin asked.

?Well, that and the twins. With a third one on the way, I can?t see a way that I?d be able to do everything. I can?t divide up my attention to everything. Something will have to give,? Padmé stated as a matter of fact.

True dat.

?Since when did you get so wise?? Mirth spilled into Padmé's words.

?I don't know. It's probably due to getting too much sleep or something.? For once, he was not out on missions, not running for his life, not sleeping on the ground, not dealing with infants that screamed at all hours of the night and nothing was hindering his sleep like images of people in his life dying. He had actually be able to sleep soundly for a few days.

I don't mean to read to much into this, but in all fairness Anankin & Padme have really had to battle through more challenges than most sentients will ever be able to appreciate. It really is a wonder they made it this far, and if anybody deserves some rest it is those two.

Just imagine the benefit to the galaxy if Anakin is finally able to reach his full potential in the Force - if only he could be granted some peace from the constant pressure & nightmares that he has had to face for so long.

-----

After seeking the advice of Obi-Wan and brooding over the idea for a week, Padmé finally made the difficult call to the Queen of Naboo.
    Good call, I would have done the same thing.

WWOWD = What Would Obi-Wan Do?

Padmé thought about the offer. ?That could be useful, especially since the third child could be due near the end of my current term. I would like to stay as involved as possible in politics as time would allow, and just because I wish to retire right now does not mean that this retirement will last forever.?
    Good plan.

*count me in for a PM on the next fic, I'd really like to see where you are going with this...

21. shookie

shookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2007
    This story has been wonderful. I am sad to see it wrap up, but I would love to be on the PM for the next one. Excellent job as always..

22. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

Poor Anakin! He'll never live that down! :D :p

=D=

23. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
  24. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Excellent update. Love the story,

When you write the sequel, add me on the PM for that one too :D

EG

25. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Well i'd LOVE a pm when ur next story is up, u know i'm a fan of urs *runs screaming at Jaya for an autograph*[face_laugh]

I think padmé made the right call, cause knowing what trouble Skywalker kids r, she's gonna have her hands full for sure ;)

?I?ve already put aside my duties as senator for the twins? I?m sure I can find something to do instead of politics,? Padmé replied.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] yeah Anakin, that wasnt one of ur best moments for sure :oops:

Bail smiled. ?I don't know, to be honest. Like you, I've never given much thought to what to do without politics. I'll always have things on Alderaan to contend with, and I'm not opposed to serving as a Senator again.? He paused in thought. ?I don't know what I'd do in your case,? he admitted.
    Padmé mock sighed. ?Well, you've been a lot of help.?
    ?Are you leaning one way?? he asked.
    ?I think I'm leaning toward stepping down. Do you really think I could reenter politics after a few years??
    ?I think everyone would love to have you back.?

Indeed =D= i think that's very good advice for sure :)

Loved the update :D it's gonna be sad to see this story end, cause i've enjoyed it so much :( but i look forward to see how ur gonna finish it :D

Thanks for the pm too! [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.