main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rethink Your Life: A New Hope - PT Social Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by heels1785 , Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha no, it's like the 4th song they've played by them tonight.

Oh snap Master of Puppets is playing....gotta go.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    IDK

I never cared for those various artists covers albums. Maybe a few were interesting to me. The Hendrix one is the only one I can think of. There was a big one for Grateful Dead last year that was good though.

3. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Maybe it just felt hyped because that was during the plateau of my Zeppelin obsession.

Jedi Knight Fett and Pensivia like this.
  4. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Okay B3 how many Hole albums do you own?

Jedi Knight Fett and Pensivia like this.
  5. CaptainSuchandSuch

CaptainSuchandSuch Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2015
    Agreed with much of what you wrote here. DMTNT is my favorite theatrical experience in the past 3 years besides maybe Hobbit BOTFA. And despite having new directors and a new composer, this film still looked, sounded, and overall felt very much like one of the original POTC films. This film had some lovely photography and imaginative visual sequences.

I think it serves as a good epilogue, but I'm not so sure anymore it's the whole epilogue in itself, maybe just Act I of an overall epilogue series? They've left room open for at least one more sequel. Did you catch the post-credits scene? Chilling!

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Post a comment in spoiler tags - I did not want to make my dad stay for the end haha :D

7. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    You know what? I don't. Did listen to the first two a lot in high school though. But it was never something I had to own. Unlike James, apparently.

8. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha it really cracks me up you have a bunch of James albums. Smashing Pumpkins is playing now...favorite band, have every album in several formats.

Jedi Knight Fett, Pensivia and B3 like this.
  9. CaptainSuchandSuch

Dec 8, 2015
    The post-credits scene:
    It begins with a nightmare sequence. While Will and Elizabeth are asleep during the night, a clunking figure steps through the door into the room. The shadow of Davy Jones' figure casts over them, and we see a pincer-claw raise into the air before Will wakes up.

After he and Elizabeth are awake, he calms back down assuming it's nothing more than a dream. But then the camera slowly pans down to the floor, showing the audience where a couple of leftover barnacles are laying. The familiar music box medley faintly plays for a couple of seconds before the scene goes to black.

Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Just found it on YouTube! Wow. I'm going to be honest I hope they just wave it off as a Will nightmare. I like love the idea of Davy coming back but I don't think POTC needs another sequel - 5 was IMO a perfect ending.

11. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I assume you probably need to have seen the previous Pirates movie to get this one? (Never got around to watching it)

Jedi Knight Fett, Valency Jane and B3 like this.
  12. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I'm somehow delighted that there's someone here who hasn't seen any of the POTC movies.

13. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I just havent seen the previous one....actually really like the first one.

Also, PANTERA!!!

Jedi Knight Fett and B3 like this.
  14. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Oh.

15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
  16. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    POTC is cool. I saw the first one. Good stuff.

17. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Figured as much....prob wouldn't have time to go see the new one anyways since Wonder Woman is coming out and my life is crazy right now.

18. CaptainSuchandSuch

Dec 8, 2015
    I think it was intended to be real to some extent, given what happens after Will wakes up.

DMTNT is a very good epilogue and will satiate me on closure for the long run assuming this is indeed the last, but I still feel there's some room for a little more should they go in that direction.

Other than contextualizing the Black Pearl's situation and a couple of aspects of Barbossa's situation, I think you would understand DMTNT fine without seeing OST.

19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
  20. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I feel like I've let you down :(

21. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  22. CaptainSuchandSuch

Dec 8, 2015
    Goodnight!

[​IMG]

23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014

[​IMG]

24. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    No, 'tis I who have let you all down with my eagerness to be contrary about POTC. Please forgive me.

25. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    But I'm here to lift you all up because I've...

...never seen any of those Pirates movies. Not a one. Not even close. Not even a few minutes on TV (if any of them were even ever on TV, which I don't know...:p

^thank you, Seagot, thank you:p I'm pretty sure B3 thanks you too.:p

Also:
    I didn't know who it was either:p (though Waters would have been a guess for me if I had stopped to think about it and try to guess, simply because there aren't that many famous Rogers and it seems like he would be the right general age from that photo...)

I'll just go sit with Hutts, VJ, and the other shamed youth now:p....

^My husband introduced me to that song about 10 years ago. What can I say, it spoke to me.:p Though technically my peak particular years of 80s preoccupation are more 1986-87 [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.