main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rethink Your Life: A New Hope - PT Social Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by heels1785 , Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Guys I think he means the Rogue One BBC radio play where every role is played by Sir Patrick Stewart, OBE

2. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    OMG 10/10 I would listen to that. For any SW movie tbh :p

3. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I would love to hear Patrick Stewart's Saw Gerrera.

4. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    I'd love to hear his Yoda or Sheev too :p

5. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    Also just a thought, but does anyone think that maybe Chirrut could have been a Jedi once or had the potential to be one?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I think Chirrut is in tune with Force, and is indeed Its instrument, but he is not Force-sensitive in a Jedi kind of way. Whatever that means.

7. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    Yea that's pretty much what I thought too so I think I understand what that means :p

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Thats it, i'm watching RO. !

9. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    DementedMeerkat congratulations on your degree, what is it in if I may ask?
    [​IMG]

Dandelo Congratulations on the new dog too.:)

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Ok, blade runner instead

11. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Odin in Thor: The Dark World: "Mankind is awesome, Loki."

Odin later in the same movie: "Mankind are cows to us, Thor."

[​IMG]

12. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Well I just buzzed my hair down to ΒΌ" and I feel free. And also fat and bald. But free.

13. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Just got some new clippers so we'll have matching haircuts soon

14. DarthAnakin96

Feb 5, 2016
    I don't think my hair has been nearly that short since elementary school. :p

Jedi Knight Fett and Huttese 101 like this.
  15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Nice
    I used to wear mine this short in college, well actually slightly longer, but I also had more hair on top then.

16. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    Trying to decide between three avatars

Krillin vs Android 18 vs Both(?)

I still need to find the one avatar, because I haven't. Not truly.

17. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Like B99 suggested, The Dark Knight Strikes Again is the sequel to Dark Knight Returns plus there's a third series just came out to finish the trilogy so look for those. Grant Morrison's Batman R.I.P. and Final Crisis. I'm surprised Dagger didn't mention Knightfall. There's probably a few Elseworlds titles that would fit your descriptions so I'd spend some time sorting through all those. There's a Superman Elseworlds story called Red Son. And there's lots more if you count all the times he died and was brought back in the same issue or he faked his death.

18. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    If one was looking for a greater incentive to root for Ron Howard than the fact that he's making a Star Wars movie...
    https://twitter.com/swankmotron[​IMG]
    ...what a class act.:)

19. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Thanks bro. Really appreciate.

And thanks to everyone else Dagobahsystem B99

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Ron Howard will do a great job. I'm a huge fan of his work, in general.

Also, happy Saturday evening. Here's my gift to you all.

[​IMG]

21. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I like much of Howard's work too but I hope he's just there to be the fatherly figure while really it's LK leading the artistic direction

22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Lol, How was your sat Heels?

23. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    This is really cool. I'd never seen this before. I had a lot of respect of Howard before but now it's like x3.

I hate to make this personal, but apparently the author of that piece (not Ms. Cooper, I guess she was Newsweek's editor at the time) now writes for Slate (which is basically barf in itself, but I digress...) and griped about the letter in an article from Nov. 2015 before TFA came out. He said his editor had his back and their response was that Howard should "pick on someone his own size." Except he was a magazine journalist... for Newsweek. A national US publication. He wanted a public forum, he got it. I don't exactly feel sorry for him.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat...ne_of_my_first_assignments_in_journalism.html

He also made it personal with Howard and called How The Grinch Stole Christmas a "meh-fest" (may be true but it was still one of the big box office winners of 2000). And for that matter, TPM was a big hit in 1999 even if he hated that too.

He also called out TPM both for "weird racism" and for being "weirdly racist" in the same paragraph. It's one thing to go for the low-hanging fruit like that and do it with 2nd-grade vocabulary, but using two permutations of the same criticism in four sentences is just bad style IMO.

24. Mr. Forest

Nov 1, 2012
    My only criticism in regards to Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker is he did not sell his yells or screams. I don't think he was given proper direction in those cases. For the rest of the movie however, I thought Lloyd sold it. If there's one thing I loved about the performance and direction of young Anakin was how normal and down-to-earth he was. He clearly had special abilities and the potential, but when we first me Anakin he's just like any kid you would see off the street. Personally, I found the decision to portray Anakin in that light was brilliant.

What I think people seem to always forget is Darth Vader was once a hero and has been a tragic figure since ROTJ. He isn't like other villains such us Lord Voldemort or a serial killer like Michael Myers. They start off as unbalanced kids, but they are not redeemable figures like Vader was. They were never good or heroic. Seeing Vader start off as some badass anti-hero, however heroic he may have been, would have failed to contrast the difference between Anakin Skywalker the Jedi Knight and Darth Vader the Sith Lord.

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Twas good, B99. Low key, got some work done this morning and ordered pizza tonight. Played a little Arkham Asylum and then Arkham Knight.

Your weekend going well?

Jedi Knight Fett and B99 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.