main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rethink Your Life: The PT Social Thread: Episode II (image/gif-heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaleeshEyes

KaleeshEyes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
  2. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Oh hell yes, I loved every smartass thing she did in that whole book. But that most of all! I could hear Carrie Fisher's voice in some parts, I think Claudia Gray just nailed her.

3. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Yay! Congratulations!

On to adulting (kind of)!

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I just watched a video on YouTube where four men whined about ROTS and that the "anti cheese" versions are the best way to watch it. Then they say Episode 3 has lens flare in the beginning and then whine that "While this opening shot is cool, this space battle has problems. In ROTJ,....." just cringed and turned off the video there.

5. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    If they don't like lens flare, how did they get through TFA?

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Confession: sometimes I watch "reviews" like that just to see how many misconceptions/misunderstandings they have and to see how little research they've done

"THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE SHOT IN ANY OF THE PREQUEL MOVIES WITHOUT SOME KIND OF SPECIAL EFFECTS CLOGGING UP THE FRAME"

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

7. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    LOL they made an "original JJ lens flare" joke but I was cringing before that. It was gonna be "watch the entire film and nitpick it" and give it faint praise but criticize it isn't as deep or emotional as archetype characters in ANH or as dark as daddy issues in ESB or as choreographed well as Ewoks battles. So I left. Plus I'm sure it was before TFA.

8. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Jeez, I can't do it. It's so smug and then there is like "Anakin is so whiny. Nothing cool or badass about him. Kylo was much more profound and interesting." I feel like I'm gonna get a headache from so much ignorance.

9. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
  10. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    That's why I never watch any reviews. I see enough of crap in youtube comments alone.

11. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
  12. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    The Colliders?

I love just about 2 of those guys there.

Jedi Knight Fett and Deliveranze like this.
  13. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015

Yep. I recognized 2 of them but when one was like "I'm just gonna talk on the anti cheese throughout the entire vid "I'm like why would I watch this?"

14. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    Well. I've been watching Bollywood music videos and listening to Star Wars music and opera all evening. My brain is in...a weirder than usual state at the moment.

Jedi Knight Fett and KaleeshEyes like this.
  15. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Officially part of the Sith EU Club :D

Jedi Knight Fett and Sepra like this.
  16. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    it is I?
    who you say..

well I forget but

IT IS I!

17. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Yo Yo, Dandelo! :D How does the almighty heart and soul of the most important part of the UK fandom go? :p

No offense to other UK members. :p

18. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    The Dark (or is it Light, you'll have to clarify) Lord Dandy has made an appearence it seems. [face_devil]

Deliveranze Love the new sig by the way, great Darth name too. :cool:

19. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    well that is high praise indeed my friend :D

I'm well :D just plodding through what I've missed :p

yourself? :D

VJ: I'm an eclipse :p in other words I take the good bits and throw away the rest :p

20. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015

Hey, an OG friend deserved high praise. :D

It's been relatively quiet so I hope ya didn't miss much :p

Doing good. :D Keeping myself occupied at the least. :p

Valency Jane Thank you very much VJ! :D I thought they would choose a name for you but they gave me the choice. Took me forever to come up with one. :p

21. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    Hey Dandelo, I watched Tangled this evening, oh my goodness how much I love that movie!

2 things I took away from it this viewing:

1. The mean brothers reminded me of what a cartoon, beefed up, grew up on the mean streets of Coruscant Hux might look like. [face_laugh]
    2. Mother Gothel is so evil!!!!!!!!! I was so disturbed by her this viewing; she is constantly putting Punzie down, calling her "flower" and "pet" because all she cares about is her hair. I felt ill and wanted to yell every time she came near Rapunzel, using her practically from birth for her power. [face_sick]

Also when she's transformed at the end and turns grey and old and skeleton-like she totally reminded me of Snoke, with the sunken in, grey face. :p
    You're welcome, the name you picked is very cool. :cool: Ha; I started to join a few months ago, but dropped out when I realized I mentally couldn't commit to it with all of my school work, plus I'm not well versed in Sith lore. :p Had my Darth names narrowed down from the get go though, based off figures in greek mythology. :-B Someday I'll have to go back and give it another go and stick with it, and reclaim my name of Darth Athena. [face_devil]

22. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    ...And in the list of songs whose titles make me think of this thread, we have an offering from pre-Final Countdown Europe.

23. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Interesting :D I didn't know that. I'll be honest. I'm shaky on Sith lore too and I actually dropped out in April during school but since I'm off, eh, decided to give it another shot. :p

We await your return Lord Athena! [face_devil]

24. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    You'll probably be waiting for a while then Del, sorry to say. :p I already spend enough time on here as it is, I fear if I become a Sith again I'll just be on here for even longer periods of time. [face_laugh]

Nice song KaleeshEyes, and indeed the title is apt for this thread. I hadn't realized that Europe did Final Countdown. My music knowledge, much like my sports knowledge, is sorely lacking. :p

Jedi Knight Fett and KaleeshEyes like this.
  25. KaleeshEyes

Feb 16, 2016
    [face_hypnotized] I suppose it's a more recognisable song than the name of the band. They only had one other hit as well, despite going very commercial in the mid to late eighties. Their first two albums are the best IMO, although the production on the debut absolutely sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.