main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rethink Your Life: The PT Social Thread: Episode III (image/gif-heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlandrea

Carlandrea Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2016
    Yeah, I just realized that

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    I am finding myself irrationally, deeply peeved that evidently there will be no time jump between Episodes 7 and 8.

Jedi Knight Fett, Sepra, B3 and 5 others like this.
  3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

I find that odd. The movies had (I think) a six month - year gap between them. ESB and ROTJ might have been the shortest.

Jedi Knight Fett and Sepra like this.
  4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Really? You don't wanna know what Luke was about to say?

5. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    Was he even about to say anything? He was just kinda standing there showing off his hair in the wind. What else is there to be said? ;)

6. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe you're right. He's taken a vow of silence. But still, you wouldn't want more Skywalker hair blown by the wind?

7. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    His hair can still blow in the wind 2 years later, though! ;)

8. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    2 years less hair

Jedi Knight Fett and Pensivia like this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

His face says it all. It reads:

"sod off".

10. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    So the winner has been announced.

JAINA SOLO.

Fantastic! Please now Hasbro don't screw it up.

Other thoughts on the Hasbro announcements.

They said Luke is coming it's just that by the time they got the reference materials it was too late.

I said that the main characters are all likely in the works.
    Hera looks great, more Rebels characters please but weird no one else was announced.
    The ERG, Lando look good. Qui Gon needs a cloak. Please don't leave that out Hasbro.

A little weird Rex hasn't been announced, nor Grievous but they are probably just finishing them off.

Jaina Solo is a great choice, pretty happy that Starkiller didn't win.
    A little sad that Darth Talon didn't win. And that there wasn't a second choice.

And it was rigged, I've followed it all week and Talon was winning, then Starkiller shot up and then Jaina Solo did. The percentages changed over night, rigged,

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
  12. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Simply "Hello There" will suffice.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
  14. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    Why thank you! :) Glad you are enjoying them. I have fun writing them.

15. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I like the oblivious to obvious tag

16. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    DanielUK, I am dying at these gifs. I imagine you like the Gif Master, with multiple screens open and choosing gifs all day long for the right time.

17. Banana-Wan Kenobi

Banana-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2016

Lets just hope there will be no recap or flashbacks. Too modern for my taste I say.:p

[face_blush][face_love]

18. Bananakin Skywalker

Bananakin Skywalker Jedi Master star 2

Apr 6, 2016

YOU HAVE DONE WELL, MY PROPHET

19. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I speculate we'll probably get mutual training montages and Ep VIII itself will show us maybe a few months or - dare I say it - even a year or so passing while both Rey and Kylo Ren are training and the Reylo shippers have an aneurysm when Kylux becomes canon

20. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013

WHY DO THESE POSTS ALWAYS GIVE OBI-WAN ENORMOUS EYES AND QUI-GON SQUINTING LIKE HE'S TRYING TO SEE THE BOARD AT FRIDAY NIGHT BINGO

21. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Lol I am such a bad mod

-Asks in thread if there's a coherent topic otherwise might need a lock
    -Posts totally off topic in the questions thread
    -Triple posts in social thread

22. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    LOL I am so glad I came back for this, hahahaha.

As if Kylux isn't canon already. Again: I am 99% sure Star Wars is setting me up on purpose. There is no other way I buy that the whiny-ass wavy-haired Fallen Jedi Skywalker knows some pale redheaded British guy who he argues with a lot. Please.

Mirroring is so important to the saga, and whatnot. Etc.

23. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Has anyone here seen the new Ghostbusters? Chalk this up as another "don't listened to the embittered fans." Based on the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic and write-ups in the in New York Times and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, I went into the theater expecting a phoned-in rehash of the original with way too much blue humor as an attempt to modernize the reboot (a la last year's Vacation remake), but it was surprisingly well-done. The characters had legitimate chemistry on their own, and the movie didn't just feel like a female Ghostbusters rehash. The new leads stood on their own. And what's more the special effects weren't overwrought either. The CGI was impressive while also being (until the end, that is) low-key, as if this were what the producers in 1984 would have wanted if they'd had modern CGI, intermixed with enough practical effects that it all felt pretty classic, pretty '80s-esque. And the comedy felt like classic comedy too. It's biggest problems were plot/pacing issues, and while I can't say it's altogether better than the original, I can say it's not a bad or disappointing remake, and it's not a brain-dead comedy (I mean the plot is even dumber than the original, but not by much IMO). Don't listen to the fanboys online talking (again) about "ruined childhoods" (I swear, they have been about this movie too) or particularly the sexist fanboys who hate the notion of women ghostbusters. Like I said, it's not a gender-bending rehash, I think the leads stand on their own, i.e. they didn't just write female leads to make some political point, the characters are funny and interesting even without paying homage to the original. Think more like the cast of Bridesmaids but as scientists and paranormal investigators who catch ghosts in New York City.

24. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    Huttese 101 I haven't seen it, but I've heard several other people say it far surpassed their expectations/it was fun, or otherwise echo your thoughts here.

25. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    This is something I agree and disagree at the same time.

My agreement is that the movie isn't bad. Many of the hyperbolic fanbase thinks that.

I liked it and it's funny moments. I felt like the cast wasn't very funny and that saddens me because those women are amazing comedians and are freaking Funny as hell.. Just not in this movie..But the movie never pleased me much because of its meta theme and direction. I really am looking at Paul feig for this reason. I lost a lot of respect for him because of all of what he did.

But that the movie surrounds itself with so much hypocrisy by the director, and Sony, calling out anyone who dislikes this movie is sexist. What about all those female reviewers that disliked the movie? Many of the GBuster fan girls also hated the new movie and did many reviewed on YT about it(go check them out). There will always be hyperbolic fanboys against the movie(PT) but this was a different case because Sony and Paul said the fans are all "*******s" for not liking it. It was after the backlash of the movie, that people started now getting ticked at Sony and Paul(not to mention the marketing wasn't the best on Sony's part).

Some reviewers like James Rofl was attacked online for saying he wouldn't see the movie, not because of the women but the directing and how they are presenting it. Only the men were attacked online who shared their opinion on the movie, but by just being critical of the movie, not those sexist fanboys. The funny thing is, the women weren't at all mentioned, and they did a sh$& ton of reviews already, if not more then the fanboys did at that time.

Okay movie but the director was too disrespectful on purpose and the film suffered for that.

I know I just put a rant on top of a rant but this has been on my mind for a long time, especially when I was run down by people on the Internet for not liking the movie as them, calling me sexist and racist(even when I told them I was Afro American)

Sorry for taking The spotlight Huttse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.