main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rethink Your Life: The PT Social Thread: Episode III (image/gif-heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    love ya too EJC! :D

2. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    Eh, FWIW, I was pretty damned disappointed in TFA but I honestly don't even care that much anymore. Just...whatever. We've got 2 more movies, at least. And also it's Star Wars, so, again, I'm not staking my life on it or anything. Whatever. It's done. And unlike some parts of this fandom I'm not about to spend 15+ damned years complaining about it.

3. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I don't know, my nine year old self is still heartbroken but at least we've got Rebels and Rogue One, so their is at least something to look forward to.

4. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    I really like how Snoke left an impression on me.

I know he didn't for most people, I know most thought he was unimaginative, dull and just simply a villain.

But I want to know more about him. Maybe because he is a leader...and leader types fascinate me.

5. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh I didn't mean to insult the skills behind it, that was all pretty good.

Some of the acting was a little Err. Even my mum mentioned this whilst we were watching it.

It's the direction the skills and people were taken.

Honestly say it's a creative film when there's literally the same plot, changed ever so slightly but near enough. And the same ships with minor changes flying around.

It's also a cop out to say it makes sense that the ships are the same because miraculously the ships all change from the PT to the OT and that's only 20 years!

Jedi Knight Fett and Sepra like this.
  6. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    We've got years and years of movies and cartoons (and much more!) to look forward to, including 8 and 9, which may well change the way we look at TFA.

7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    To use a simple analogy, it doesn't matter how hard someone works at a painting if they've just reproduced the Mona Lisa.

They may be skilled yes but there isn't any creativity there.

Jedi Knight Fett and Huttese 101 like this.
  8. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    You must learn to let go of what your grade-school-aged-self wanted out of a Space Opera, lest you fall to the Dark Side. ;)

I mean, yes, I GET the criticisms. I guess, to an extent, I also "get" the people who fell all over themselves praising it. Either way, it's just a fun/stupid movie. TFA has, for what it's worth, validated what I've long thought to myself about how I would NEVER give enough of a crap about this stuff to seek out people who loved a stupid Star Wars movie 10+ years after it came out just to rain on their parade, at least.

I have no idea who these people showing up to complain about the PT are all these years later are, but WTF: I don't even care enough to go complain in the TFA forum *right now*, let alone a decade from now. They're having fun, why the hell would I want to ruin that for them? Enjoy, nerds.

9. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    because it calls for it:

Jedi Knight Fett and Huttese 101 like this.
  10. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I think the acting in TFA is more nuanced than any other SWfilm.
    Star Wars did not have an original plot. Check out Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress and Campbell's Hero with a Thousand Faces.

I know, right!? It's totally unthinkable to see vintage anything ever. No one would ever drive a car from the '80s. Or fly a 40 year old plane.

11. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Though I understand a desire for ship variety for the sake of diversity, I've never understood the idea that technology in a millennia-old spacefaring civilization should appreciably evolve over a period of decades.

12. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    Aggggh guys do we have to ;)

13. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Sorry, AMJ. This time I just had to. I can be done with it now though.

14. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    What? It's all Legends anyway. ;)

15. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Clearly there's a difference of opinion.
    We'll leave it at that.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Oh. I thought you were whining about my nitpick. :oops:

17. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    this is why I...the benevolent dictator Dandelo is here

to create unity!

UNITY!!!

I was having a conversation with my sister who came to visit, I hardly see her and was telling her my plans on benevolent dictatorship

her: that's an oxymoron if ever I heard it... *benevolent* dictator...

me: shut up..

I wielded ma powaaahhh!

18. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Um no. I don't think it's a difference of opinion. Opinion would be more like:
    Frank: I like it.
    208: I don't.

The argument I'm making is that your criticisms make no sense the way you put them.

19. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I just ate half a melon and I'm not sure it was wise to do so.

20. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    I really liked TFA's X-wings..
    Thats my 2 cents[face_peace]:p

21. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    I liked TFA's villains

that's my 3 cents

and a quarter for the guy in the subway.

22. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015

23. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I like Jakku. I never thought it was Tatooine way back when the pics "leaked", nor have I ever thought "why not just use Tatooine?", nor have I ever been annoyed at the parallels between the two settings, nor have I ever thought it uncreative or unlikely that there are so apparently so many arid planets.
    Jakku is OK by me.

24. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    LOL this is why you and I are pals.

As for the rest, I just...guys. I love you all. Let's not be Those Guys. How did this happen/we're smarter than this, right? Just like Obi-Wan and Anakin? Oh wait. Bad example. ;)

Edit: and since this is that kind of place, this is a tongue-in-cheek Joke Post so everyone just calm down. ;) I ALREADY SAID I LOVE YOU ALL.

25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I didn't like the film, it was terrible and opening night was a waste. I ended up sinking in my seat and rolling my eyes.
    It was just a kick in the face to see it parody itself and mess around with the biggest canvas for a sequel there ever was.

I think that is what a difference of opinion actually is, you know when someone has the opposite view.

I was brought up with the idea that as long as I had thought out my opinion and I had valid reasons then I could have any opinion I liked.

In my opinion (and I think I'm the most qualified person here to talk about myself) my problems with the film are valid.

The acting wasn't nuanced in my opinion, some of it was straight out bad. It was far too self aware and felt like a parody.
    Finn this supposedly trained soldier can't keep his cool when he captures his former boss, someone a day or so ago he was taking orders from. "I'm in charge now Phasma, I'm in charge".

The characters just seem too excited and the emotions don't really work.

The galaxy might as well have been a year after ROTJ, minus the old ages of the OT characters. Because nothing would have changed!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.